Germany?

Probably in feb :) Dh got a job, found out this morning. So Ill move back maybe feb, and he'll finish up that semester if he can :)

I'm so happy for you and your family! I can't remember - is your dh German?

Yep he is, He's so happy though ;) I keep forgetting, and remembering all day...

My baby is 1!!!!!!! :D
Had an awesome day, was baking for 4 days...
But she loved it, so many people! Couldn't get her to sleep for ages at night, she was too hyped up :p

yayyyy for moving back sarah its so good being back home here we now have our own well rented HOUSE:haha: big happy birthday to your princess:happydance::cloud9:

Happy first birthday to Ella! :cake: 1 year old, wow! I remember when we were all pregnant together, lol! Seems like so long ago now. That's great she had such a fun day. :)

Congrats on the home, Whisper! :)

Seems so :haha:. oh btw saphira do you the the website incultureparent.com ? It has also a section for multilingual parents with a ;aunt agony; section which you may find interesting :)

Seems so :haha:. oh btw saphira do you the the website incultureparent.com ? It has also a section for multilingual parents with a ;aunt agony; section which you may find interesting :)

I'll take a look, morri! What's the aunt agony section?

Well the section is ask a linguist, it is a linguist that answers questions from parents about where what when to use which language :).(like an agony aunt column in the paper only that it is purely for linguistics questions.)

How are you going about it, morri? You'll speak only German to your lo and your dh only English? How do you and your dh communicate?

nah we are mixed. but more English. Oh and I talk English to each other. It seems that all the (uninformed) world#s only interested in OPOL .

What's OPOL? :)
one person one language(each parent sticking to 1 language), as opposed to mixed language or minority language at home(only speaking(the less exposed (not national language) language at home ) .

I see! What do you mean the uninformed world is more interested in it? We're language mixers here. I'm forgetting English words more the longer I live here or a German word fits better. Dh speaks Germglish but I think more German than English. I'm not quite sure as I don't recognize which language he's speaking anymore unless I think about it. We just understand each other yet must sound crazy to others, lol. I think we've held dd1 back though. She barely says anything. Understands a lot but hasn't progressed much in how much she says for months.

We do mixed, and dh is supposed to speak more German. I'll be taking her to a german group in NZ :/ Although, I kind of think he should do it!!!

The uninformed people(well at least over here, all tell me we should do strict opol(not that they know the name but they always go, like you speak only german and oh only speaks english it is the common sense thing to do(say the monolinguals. )Without even acknowledging that there are other possibilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->