Germany?

lo also had a milk allergy and egg allergy, they found it out at a prick allergy test at the ped. and in the childrens day ward.

Everyone was basically telling me I was silly for thinking she had one :( So I kept going on and off milk. So frustrating! Wasnt until 6months when I gave her a spoonful of yogurt did I know, instantly came out in blotches!

Sounds like we had similar experiences, Sarah. I didn't get much help from the midwife who visited us. She was nice and all but always in a rush. I told her so many times that I couldn't get my lo to latch and she once showed me a laying down position and managed to get her on for some seconds and then headed out while my lo couldn't latch again and I had my DH make up yet another bottle. Without any help I had no other choice as I was unable to work out the prob. on my own and my lo needed food! That BFing stress created a very negative experience for me unfortunately.

Didn't know hospital stays in France are so nice, by the way, lol!

That really sucks :( My midwife was mostly useless, but she did help me with the breastfeeding thing to some extent! So you never got to continue?

No, after about a week of trying and not being able to get dd1 to latch and having to resort to formula every time I tried to pump instead so combi bottlefed for a few weeks. My supply plummeted as I didn't really know how to go about pumping successfully so switched completely to formula from then on.

With dd2 it started off more promising, she latched on well on one side (the right side is problematic) but once my milk came in she couldn't so well anymore. I tried with nipple shields but was in so much pain (felt like a knife stabbing me) I started pumping instead. I rented a Medela Symphony and pumped away. DH had 2 months off on parental leave so I was able to EP. If he hadn't been off work I wouldn't have had a chance to succeed with it.

Never had a BF relationship past the first few days of both girls' lives. Once my milk comes in I just can't seem to work it out with latch probs and the pain, plus freaking out they weren't getting enough to eat! :/

I'm happy it worked out for you in the end! How were you able to get your lo off the nipple shield? I remember you having trouble with that.

Oh shame you had a hard time. My hospital had a nursing assistant who helped you in a specific room. took a while for my milk to come in so the nurses were a bit worried. but luckily it turned out fine :D.

I just made sure I always tried without it. Eventually I stopped using it at night. And then I just stopped in the day. It still hurt a bit, and we had problems with her latching etc. Some of the problem was her always unlatching a screaming at me, which was basically the allergy :/ probably made her tummy hurt!!

The girls had their first appt. with their new pediatrician yesterday and it went alright. She's nice and all but I miss their old one. :( She wasn't as interactive and sweet with them as their old one but what can we do..
She wants to try a new prescription cream for Aurora, a cortisone cream. She was surprised what was prescribed for her, a glycerin based lotion. She couldn't really understand it and I was frustrated that two doctors have two completely different opinions on how to treat something because in the end I'm left to listen to them and hope for the best because they know more than me afterall - and her skin needs treatment! She said a cream would be better than a lotion but I kept saying creams don't work as well for her but she seemed to stick with the cream. We'll see how it goes.

Since Aurora was a year old she's only gained just shy of a kilo. It worries me especially as her first year of life she was on average with her weight and growth and that all haulted after a year. She's very active and shows no signs of being negatively affected but I sure do wish she'd eat more. She's quite difficult at mealtime. I never force anything so I don't make mealtime a negative experience for her but it sure does worry me.

Finya's doing very well. She weighs 7,3kg and is 68cm long at nearly 9 months. I was surprised when we were asked if we'd like to get her MMR vaccine done. I thought that was done at their 1yr. appt. but she was saying from the 8th month it can be done. I declined as I feel it's too soon and wonder if it would be as effective at this age.

Hope you girls and your los are doing well. Has the weather been so nice in your areas as it has been here? Felt like spring today! :cool:

From what I have been told is that cream is better because it sticks better, but takes longer to go into the skin than lotion whereas lotion tends to dry the skin and has to be applied more often. glycering I would say is better as it is fat basically, (our cream is glycerin based . Hydrocortison isnt advised for babies and should only be applied in severe cases rather than quite often as it has got side effects.

We've decided against using it and will get the opinion of a dermatologist first. We're also going to try another pediatrician because I didn't feel completely comfortable with that one, especially how she jumped to cortisone cream and basically criticized how our old pediatrician was handling it. I didn't like that a bit.

I know cream is supposed to be effective for longer but the prob is that it doesn't soak in to her skin quick enough and her skin worsened with creams. It has responded better with lotions. Morri, do you have a prescription lotion for your lo? The one for my daughter is Glycerinum Triclosan 25g. It's mixed in the pharmacy. It's what's worked best along with Eucerin..

We have got neuroderm pflegecreme. I got lotion and creme to see which works better and for us the creme works better. It is a over the counter chemist creme(so you dont need a prescription for it but you only get it from the chemist)It has 30% lipid and 20% glycerin in it.

Morri, what's that peanut butter candy found at gas stations called?? You told me about it ages ago and I forgot the name! Want to see if Kaufland sells it, was yum!

wunderbar? Otherwise there was the kit kat peanut.

Nope, didn't see them there today. I think I saw them at Edeka before. We just don't shop there much..

that surprises me seeing they have pretty much everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->