Gestational Diabetes Group - Us vs. the Carbs

Amazing HCG results Babi!

Does anyone elses older kids ask a lot about your diet/diabetes?

My 4 y/o is very interested in what I can and can't eat and why.

yes my 9 year old. Sometimes he's says you can't eat that, because of your "thangy" lol

Yeah my DD has told me she's "cutting out sugar" and just having "two sugar choices" a day, haha.

My DD1 said today at preschool they were saying they were going to make all the Mums a chocolate cake...but Ivy told her teacher that 'my Mummy can't have it until the baby is out of her tummy because she isn't allowed sugary things'. DD1 reassured me that the teacher said they could make a really big cake to bring to the hospital for me :rofl:

She also keeps asking if things are sugary or if they will 'turn into sugar in my tummy'.

She is cute though, she has seen me upset before about bad readings and she always says not to worry and that I will look after the baby like I looked after her and Elodie. When she first said that it did make me cry.

Fraid I can't join in on that conversation since this is my first baby. :) My husband is not joining my bandwagon though. We're always making two different meals and its driving me crazy. :)

I feel like I'm sort of "getting used" to eating like this... I'm on my 16th week with GD now and as much as I hate to say it, I feel like its becoming a life style. I think I could probably keep going as long as I had a more "relaxed" diet and didn't have to check my sugars 4 times a day.

So all my doctor appointments went well today yay! My OB appointment was funny cause the nurse (whom I've become quite friendly with) took my blood pressure as soon as I sat down in the chair... I'm like seriously? And of course it was high... 136/94 - so, I look her in the eye and said you will sit there and wait for a few minutes while I rest in the chair and then you will check it again. :) She obliged me and proceeded to take it a second time ... which turned out to be 118/78. Gee, so much better! I told her you can't just take someone with high blood pressure and take it when they just get up or down.

Then, I had my high risk appointment this afternoon and got to see the baby on the big screen. Fluid levels are great and he's active and moving around. I'm apparently having contractions that I can't feel as well. :)

I hate to say this with some of you having bad sugar days, but I had a good one. I took a risk and ate a 6 inch sub from Subway today. It was on whole wheat bread and loaded with Pastrami yummm.... :) An hour later my sugar was 111.

Babi, grats on your HCG numbers! You're pregnant.... woot woot. ;) Once you get your insulin, I'm sure everything will work out.

Oneway, thanks! I am interested to see where things end up after we recover as well!

Ha ha that's so cute the things kids say!

I'm glad everyone is managing well.

I still haven't got my insulin, they had to order it. Will be ready tomorrow after 4! Smh.

I also didn't have a good day, I ended up drinking about 24 ounces of Publix tea and eating some breaded hot wings. I was craving a beverage so bad! It did fix my itch. I feel bad but heck! My sugars went to 306. My average has been 179-220. I walked the treadmill for 30 minutes and got it down to 228. Now sipping on some water. I really want a fruit frozen pop.

I think I'm going to try to go paleo for the rest of this pregnancy (and beyond, hopefully). OH & I are going to try it for the weekend and see how it goes. I think it'll be an easier way to mentally get around the carbs if I feel like I'm doing it to be healthier than being forced into it by my body.

Yay Babi, congratulations!

amythyst, if I couldn't eat subway, I'd be in trouble! It's about the only lunch choice when we are out of leftovers. As long as I stick to whet bread and a very tiny amount of mayo with veggies on it, my sugars are well below what is required after I eat it.
Luckily my numbers returned to normal today :) I guess I just pushed it too far at lunch yesterday and they hadnt recovered by dinner, or there were a lot more carbs in the dinner my friend made than I realized.

I like subway too - I eat the salads a lot, in my last pregnancy I would risk eating half a wrap but I'm a bit scared to now I do 1hr testing this time.

I had a uti last week and had to get antibiotics for it. I have finished the course now and my levels are amazing (low 4s before meals and less than 5 after meals???)

I wonder if I had had the infection for longer than I realised.

Jealous of you girls eating subway. I tried last week and ended up with a 13.something at a 1hr test.

I just get a 6" turkey on whole wheat with cheese, spinach, tomato, pickles and hot sauce. Not sure if that's proper or not

Hehe, yes that I would consider to be a proper sub.

No way could I have that amount of bread.

Bread is one of my worst things.

Got my insulin pens and stuff today. Here we go! Let's see if the one unit of insulin they have me on per meal/bedtime is enough to fix me.

What DO you eat in terms of carbs Amelie? I have a feeling that if had loved animal protein more and had really restricted my carbs, I could have managed on diet alone. Since I have no trouble with my fasting blood sugars. My fasting blood sugar has always been under 4.8. My trouble is post meals. It must take an iron will to resist carbs so much. You're doing really well considering that this is your second round doing this.:thumbup: Do you eat anything with artificial sweeteners?

I think you will see a big difference with the insulin northern_me. I have been doing well but I still get so upset when I see a high number. I have not found a solution to not feeling utterly dejected when I see a high number. Been on this diet 9 weeks, another 4 to go!

Fingers crossed! My morning numbers have been creeping up, with one being 6.9 a few days ago, so I need to get this figured out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->