Gestational Diabetes Group - Us vs. the Carbs

Cherries, really? I don't even think you can get them here right now unless they're frozen in some form of mixed fruit blend. I LOVE them though. They would be good.

def no cherries here in Georgia now....i only like them fresh!

I'm not a cherry fan myself hehe!

My doctor's appointments are actually tomorrow not next week. I go weekly now... every Wednesday. Tomorrow I have a double header - OB appointment in the morning and high risk appointment in the afternoon. I get my weekly ultra sound and then I get hooked up to a monitor for 20 minutes to listen to babies heart rate, movement and check for contractions.

Baby was 2 weeks ahead at 30 weeks and they will do another growth scan next week I believe. I'm really nervous about his size... they say he's symmetrically big and not like just his head or his tummy. I think the baby grows more from all the fricken protein I have to eat.

Yay for insulin for you guys!!! That's awesome (not awesome you have to take it...but awesome it will help!). I'm still diet miserably controlled and my night time insulin for fasting number. I was annoyed this evening... we went out to a buffet for dinner and I filled up on fish, chicken, steak, eggs and lots of broccoli... I'm like addicted to broccoli. But then they had some "no sugar added" deserts. I decided to have some chocolate pudding and a cookie and some praline cake. But I didn't eat all of it and tried to be good and didn't finish it. When I checked my sugar an hour later it was only 108!!!! Dammit I could have had more yummy stuff. :)

I'm the opposite tonight. I am super annoyed because I have had 2 high readings today (8.2 and 8.3) when the last week has all been well under. I am a training for the next two weeks where they are feeding us, so I guess I will just have to start taking my own in every day instead. I am still diet controlled and really trying to keep it that way. Only 12 more weeks!

Both my previous pregnancies I have been GD ridden and late third tri in the middle of winter and cherries have been ridiculously expensive.

All of the ones here are from Chile and S.America, apparently they realised a few years ago they had the right climate at the right time of year to supply the european market with cherries.

You can tell I am far to into cherries!

Good luck Amythyst with your scan...I've never thought about the protein issue like that before...

I have noticed that if I eat an obscene amount of protein, I can get away with some dessert with that meal. I think protein really slows down sugar absorption. That is something I am going to use after the baby comes when I will finally lose the weight I want to lose. I have not gained or lost so far. My girlfriends and my husband say that my face and arms are thinner. A girlfriend pointed out that my maternity pants were sagging, which is true. So this diet has actually been good for me.

Anyone else losing or not gaining weight?

Amythyst, about your baby measuring big, that could be independent of your GD. Were you or your partner big at birth? My husband is 6'3" with broad shoulders, typical viking, and was 4.2 kilos at birth. It's no wonder my first was 4.6 kilos and 22 inches long at birth! He measured big throughout the pregnancy.

I am looking quite good for this diet. My only weight gain is on my bump really. Maybe we should have a GD thread bump photo sharing session!?

I think I am supposed to have small babies. I was 7lb 3oz but 14 days late and DH was 6lb 11oz on his due date.

I am small and petite and DH is tallish but very slim.

The other benefit of diet control - maybe - is if you are super healthy in pregnancy I think it influences the tastes of baby. My DD2 loves all veggies - she will eat a subway salad and olives are her favourite. She is obsessive over meat and cheese but shuns carbs. She is a little beanpole unsuprisingly.

It is probably a coincidence but she definitely got a better diet than her big sister in utero!

I ate a piece of bread last night with dinner and ate two babybel cheese discs with it just for the sake of countering with protein, not hunger.

I haven't gained in 5 weeks. Seems all of my weight came on in second tri.

That's an interesting theory Amelie. It's interesting that your second LO shuns carbs. That is unusual for a child her age so must be something she learned in-utero. My LO loves veggies and beans like I do but he also likes cakes and pastries like I do and ice-cream like my hubby does, lol!

I haven't gained or lost for the nearly 10 weeks that I've been on this diet. LO is growing normally so he is gaining while I am losing.

I use a cereal called "Hi-Lo" that I buy from the low-carb website (netrition.com). Can usually eat a cup of it with my low-carb milk.

I have lost a total of 30 ish pounds since being diagnosed at 16 weeks. I don't gain weight, I either lose or stay the same.

I think DD2 definitely got the different flavours of lots of veg in utero, she doesn't seem to be upset by the bitterness of green veg that kids often are. She will eat raw brocolli happily...

I am doing OK gaining wise. With DD2 I gained 10lb in total - from 8st 10 to 9s 6lb. This time I am currently 9st 1lb from a start of 8st 4lb. Only 3lb of that went on between 16 and 25 weeks. I don't think I look like I'm skinny though at the moment.

I looked a bit out of proportion at the end with DD2. She was 7lb 7oz and very sturdy. So she obviously got what she needed.

Wow Amelie, how slender you are! I have not been 8 stone anything since I was 16. Amythyst, a 30 lb weight loss is amazing! I am curious to see what each of us will weigh once baby comes out and we are done recovering.

I have to say that despite everything I am grateful for the GD. I feel it's going to set me up for healthy eating the rest of my life.

Hello everyone, I got my 3rd hcg results back today. All were 72 hours apart:

1st - 615
2nd - 2043
3rd - 6731

Today I'm feeling "pregnant". I'm going to the restroom even more and light nausea has been on/off all day. Actually I woke up this morning around 4am with a sour stomach.

I'm also hoping I'm done with the hcg beta/level tests....anybody know how it works?

Honestly I'm ready to complete the ultrasound next Tuesday, see the heartbeat, and take a break for a few weeks. Waiting on results gives me anxiety. I believe in my heart everything will be fine.

So how is everybody? What do you think of my results?

I think your results are phenomenal and you have nothing to worry about. You little bean is busy burrowing and growing in your tummy. Just relax mommy and enjoy this time whenever the nausea allows you to!

Looks good to me! Congrats! That must have been nerve wracking.

I have been having a terrible day number wise. I have my insulin picked up but see diabetes education on Friday to be taught how to use it. My numbers went high after that cereal and hasn't come back down to a normal range since. It's partially my fault because I'm in a very "screw it" mood today, and although I'm not binging on crap, I'm not keeping my carbs as limited as they need to be. Anything over 30g of carbs is a blood sugar death sentence.

Looks good to me! Congrats! That must have been nerve wracking.

I have been having a terrible day number wise. I have my insulin picked up but see diabetes education on Friday to be taught how to use it. My numbers went high after that cereal and hasn't come back down to a normal range since. It's partially my fault because I'm in a very "screw it" mood today, and although I'm not binging on crap, I'm not keeping my carbs as limited as they need to be. Anything over 30g of carbs is a blood sugar death sentence.

awwww I hope it gets better. WalMart said they won't have my insulin until Tom after 4pm. Crazy! Hey drinks lots of water

Amazing HCG results Babi!

Does anyone elses older kids ask a lot about your diet/diabetes?

My 4 y/o is very interested in what I can and can't eat and why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->