Gestational Diabetes Group - Us vs. the Carbs

Good luck with your scan x

I have a midwife appt tomorrow, not the GD midwives though, I guess it'll be interesting to see how my FH measures and what she can feel of baby.

I'm really paranoid about the baby being small this time more than anything.

Good luck with your scan x

I have a midwife appt tomorrow, not the GD midwives though, I guess it'll be interesting to see how my FH measures and what she can feel of baby.

I'm really paranoid about the baby being small this time more than anything.

I hope everything is fine.

Fingers crossed it will be - baby was little - between 10th and 15th centile at 20 weeks mainly.

My other girls haven't been big though (6lb 7oz and 7lb 7oz) and I am smallish.

She certainly doesn't feel teeny tiny inside. No scan for me until next week though.

Good luck with everything you two!! Will keep my fingers and toes crossed all goes well. :)

I am not due for another ultrasound until Wednesday... so, I won't have any news until then. Only nice thing about being high risk, you get sooooo many ultrasounds!

On the GD side, I found out that I can eat a croissant with egg cheese and bacon and it doesn't bother my sugar! My hubby had bought them for himself and I had a wild hair up my bum and decided to make myself a sandwich. Tried it two days in a row and my sugar was at like 118 an hour later. Must be something different in how the croissant is made ...not sure.

Good luck with everything you two!! Will keep my fingers and toes crossed all goes well. :)

I am not due for another ultrasound until Wednesday... so, I won't have any news until then. Only nice thing about being high risk, you get sooooo many ultrasounds!

On the GD side, I found out that I can eat a croissant with egg cheese and bacon and it doesn't bother my sugar! My hubby had bought them for himself and I had a wild hair up my bum and decided to make myself a sandwich. Tried it two days in a row and my sugar was at like 118 an hour later. Must be something different in how the croissant is made ...not sure.

thanks luv. I find a descent portion of bread doesn't spike me either. Oaks, grains, rice, are no no's. My bs still between 178-240 lately.

Good luck to you Amelie and Amythyst for your ultrasounds next week! I LOVE all the extra ultrasounds and the 3D images that I get from each session. I am sure your babies are doing well. My next ultrasound is also next wednesday, on the 4th of February. I am going to ask them how the placenta is doing.

Mine is next Tuesday! I see the OB today and I'm dragging OH along with me so we can both approach her and say we want to try a VBAC. Maybe two will be more convincing than one.

Mine is next Tuesday! I see the OB today and I'm dragging OH along with me so we can both approach her and say we want to try a VBAC. Maybe two will be more convincing than one.

right 2 might be beter.

is this your first? Is baby measuring too big? 9 years ago with my son csection wasn't even mentioned. I had GD then.

No, it's my second and I had a csection before. I was hoping for a VBAC and there are limited options for inducing. I have to have the baby in week 38. Baby is measuring ahead, yes. We'll find out how far ahead on Tuesday. She was 3lbs 3oz-3lbs 11oz at 28 weeks. I've only gained 7lbs so far but my appetite is huge the last week so I'm assuming she's growing a lot more.

In a way I am your opposite. I am a CBAV although I am not sure that this terminology will catch on :)

Sooo they are putting me on insulin twice a day injections. The baby is progressing. They seen gestational sac and yolk sac (only seen the gestational sac last week). So my next ultrasound is next Tuesday. They should see the fetal pole then. They also checked my hcg level again to see if it increased (again). She said this should be the last draw. Results should be in tomorrow. Doc thinks I'm about 5 weeks. I believe the gestational sac was 4.5 cm.

Congratulations! Both on the insulin and the ultrasound!

Good news for you babifever!

My appt was fine, measuring 28 week and baby is transverse, but very happy.

That's great news Amelie! Are you still diet controlled? I guess you will be able to see your LO on the ultrasound screen next week.

Awesome news!

I got my Rx for insulin today. I need it before meals and before bed. All is looking good, I get an ultrasound on Tuesday, one at 34 weeks and then one every week until she comes at 38 weeks! So exciting.

That's great northern! Now you can eat a little bit more everyday. I am jealous about the weekly ultrasounds!

Yep still diet controlled. 11 weeks in and maybe another 12+ to go...

I am NEVER doing this again, this diet messes with my brain sometimes. All I can think about is various weird meal combinations,

Good luck with the insulin Northern, weekly ultrasounds sounds fun.

I get one next week, another at 32 and one at 36. That is everything looks normal.

In other news - I've become obsessed with walnuts. I googled them and apparently they really help to reduce your fasting sugars :flower:

My other obsession is the cheap cherries in the UK at the moment - cherries taste so yummy but don't mess my sugar about at all.

In other news - I've become obsessed with walnuts. I googled them and apparently they really help to reduce your fasting sugars :flower:

My other obsession is the cheap cherries in the UK at the moment - cherries taste so yummy but don't mess my sugar about at all.

mmmmmm cherries

Cherries, really? I don't even think you can get them here right now unless they're frozen in some form of mixed fruit blend. I LOVE them though. They would be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->