Gestational Diabetes Group - Us vs. the Carbs

Amelie's post is great too! She obviously cooks more than I do haha! I'm all about quick and easy. I have no stamina and I cannot stand up for long periods of time without feeling like I'm going to pass out. So, when I eat I try to get stuff that is fast or that I can make left overs for.

Good luck at your appointment Northern! Mine is tomorrow. :) I have like 2 weeks left... I can't believe it.

Low sugar beans are much better. Also try baking the potato twice! I get 5's instead of 6's when I do that!

I did spaghetti squash one night when my friend cooked. I'm not sure if it was the sugars in the squash or the sauce she made, but it made me test at almost 8 2 hours after the meal. I hardly ever get readings that high so I was shocked.

I go away for a day and a half and you guys have 4 new pages! I have a whole lot of catching up to do :)

Anyone want to hear from the woman almost at the finish line? I am doing well and starting to get a little careless. I had my final checkup today at the doctor's. Listened to bub's heartbeat and everything is fine. I celebrated by eating some of my lentil chips while reading a new paperback, got carried away and ate way more than I was supposed to. I checked my blood sugar and it was 9.0!:dohh: Never had one before.

I quickly took some fast acting insulin. Tut-tut! Shame on my for getting careless so close to the finish line! :growlmad:

Amelie, you are such an accomplished cook! Can I come live with you? I am like Amythyst. I look for the convenient option. I do wish either my husband or I loved cooking more. But we are both unambitious in the kitchen unless inspiration strikes, which usually happens about twice a year!

So I went to the OB and I have a very soft cervix and baby is fully engaged. I asked her about my numbers getting better and she said that sometimes it means that the placenta isn't functioning well, or that it's at the end. So if I have to decrease my insulin a lot I need to let her know ASAP.

Amythyst had better numbers but her placenta was doing well. I am sure it's just a hormonal fluctuation northern. I hope the OB did not get you worrying! Did she say there were any other signs?

She said if the placenta isn't functioning well one of the signs would be low fluid, which she did an ultrasound and checked for and it was fine.

When my numbers got amazing with dd2 they said just to be extra vigiliant on baby's movement too.

Since I have been signed off work with my stupid tiny foot fracture my sugars are really very good indeed. 3.9 after dinner tonight and I am seeing 3's as my fasting number for the first time in this pregnancy since the GD arrived.

Shame I have to go back to work for 6 days before mat leave starts really :rofl:

Scan tomorrow to see how my little munchkin is getting on - and her lake of amniotic fluid....

I totally did not follow any carb count for dinner tonight. My parents are in town and my dad made his homemade chicken parm. I had regular pasta (I didn't even measure), 2 pieces of garlic bread, and a very large breaded piece of chicken with sauce and cheese. I had a salad with it. I am hoping I am under 120 in 2 hours. I guess I'll find out what all of that did to me but it was just sooooooo good! And my numbers the last two days have been in the 70's and 80's again so I guess if I have a bad night it won't be too bad. (I feel guilty without feeling guilty for not even measuring anything out-- I just scooped it-- if that makes any sense)

Tomorrow they are ordering a regular pizza..... it has been so long since I've had regular pizza. I want to eat it but I also keep telling myself I should have my flatbread pizza instead and just have a salad when at the pizza place.

Let us know how it goes!

I just ate a mint girl guide cookie. I literally can't control stuffing my face with crap the past week. I've been good for the most part today and started mixing Greek yogurt with ranch dressing mix as a dip. It's delicious. The cookie wasn't worth it.

I will.

Ooh. Cookies. That sounds good. I've been starving the last three days. Can't get enough food. Baby has been so very active. My suspicion is a growth spurt.

I still question the GD diagnosis. Dr said it is just controlled very well with diet. But after I had those higher numbers they leveled back out as soon as I started sleeping a little better.

I'm having regular pizza tonight so I will see what I'm at after that.

I feel like with everything I ate with dinner last night I should have been much higher than where I was!

Yeah but eating unlimited(as in, not carb counting and choosing serving size) pasta and garlic bread and breaded chicken isn't "controlling" it, iykwim? That is your body producing enough insulin! You're lucky!

I know. I usually count and measure everything. But I apparently had no self control yesterday. To me it just makes no sense but im sticking with the diet bc I was told to. And I'll do anything for my baby who feels as if he or she is trying to escape lol.

I am with you Christina. I question your GD diagnosis. I could not eat one item on your menu without causing a blood sugar spike and I have rather well controlled GD. Can you retake the GTT?

I don't think she will re test. I will check on the 9th. I forgot to ask. I had so many questions (related and not related to GD) and I'm sure I didn't ask them all =[

I was at 119 2hrs after breakfast today and I forgot to bring my breakfast with me to class and ended up eating a very large blueberry muffin bc it was that or a scone from the place in the building my class was in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->