Gestational Diabetes Group - Us vs. the Carbs

Yes. I have had sugar that low. But normally pre lunch and dinner - I would want to be at a pre food level at 2 hrs post eating.

I've had a lot of 3.7's or 66's recently. That is since I ditched all milk and only drink green tea and raspberry leaf tea.

I'm quite used to the shakes - I usually get them when I go from very high to very low. Sometimes I find having a small amount of something very sugary (honey in oatmeal in my previous pregnancy) would give me very low readings in the 3's at 2hrs. I bet I'd been high at an hour though as I'd often be shaking as my sugar plummeted.

Could the large amount of water you're drinking be bringing it down too low, Christina? I get the extreme thirst - sometimes I feel like that's how I'm going to die (I'm dramatic, I know) especially during the night when I wake up like it. But maybe such consistently high amounts of water is diluting it somehow?

Could the large amount of water you're drinking be bringing it down too low, Christina? I get the extreme thirst - sometimes I feel like that's how I'm going to die (I'm dramatic, I know) especially during the night when I wake up like it. But maybe such consistently high amounts of water is diluting it somehow?

I'm not sure. I will see what my number is like in about an hour. I guess I will keep a closer eye this weekend and call my dr. if I am having constantly low numbers on Monday.

I get crazy low numbers when I am really active. Early in January I had a few readings of 2.4 and 2.3 or 41ish because I ate and then was out walking in the cold for hours. I find even when I eat something that is likely to put me high, that activity brings it down considerably.

Were you doing more than normal that day?

It was today and nope. I sat on my butt during class and then went to my car and went home and sat on the couch and ate lunch sitting on the couch.

Well, I had my first big whoops of the GD diet, which I guess isn't too bad being 8 weeks in. Hubby and I had pizza tonight, which we load with meat and veggies so 2 pieces I am usually okay with. I had a can of (I thought) caffeine free diet Pepsi. And my 2 hr reading was 9.4 EEEK! Turns out what I thought was diet.... Was not :( I just hope my body processes it well enough over night that it doesn't totally screw up my fasting number too.

Didn't we warn you about that? ;) I imagine it was the bread/dough on the pizza that did it mostly. :)

When I "cheated" and ate pizza it never went well... I think one time it was ok when I had one slice but when I had two that was just too much. I find I can "cheat" on a variety of things except white flour/breads.

I haven't really been "bad" eating this week but I have been bad at testing. I guess since I know its over next week I've sort of put testing on the back burner. :) I have an app on my phone to remind me to test but its remembering to set it that's the problem!

I'm super nervous for next week and today, on my birthday, my hubby wakes up with a cold!!! UGH he better not give it to me.

My numbers are weirding me out lately. I was incredibly bad and had chips + chocolate for the first time in 10 weeks. I expected to go to some incredibly awful number so I had fast acting insulin waiting right on the table and kept checking every 20 mins ready to stab myself. My number only went to a 5.6. However, I ate a piece of toast this morning and it went to 8.6. I don't get it.

I think she meant the Pepsi was full sugar...

It hapenned to me with DD2 in a bar :nope: It took a full 24hrs for my numbers to get back to normal.

I hope you feel ok soon :hugs:

I had a chocolate shake today and checked after about an hour and a half and I was at a 92 =]. It satisfied my massive craving for ice cream. I really wanted some but they don't serve ice cream for breakfast at McDonald's lol

Christina are you getting extra scans to see how baby is getting along?

Nope. At least not yet. They are only doing the fundal height measurement.

FH doesn't really mean much - I measured +4 weeks ahead with my eldest and smallest baby and bang on with my bigger second baby.

Surely if they scan you and baby is a normal size, no GD traits and normal fluid they can look to be discharging you from the GD side of things?

It really doesn't sound like you have it.

We're going to ask on the 9th at the next ob appt. I've had way to many carbs today. Had 5 cookies after that shake and the testing and was in the 70s an hr after. But the hospital cancelled my follow up bc of a scheduling error so I didn't get to ask yesterday like I wanted to. I don't think I gave it but it was almost like I got blown off last appt when I tried bringing it up.

I got told its controlled very well by diet and to I latest 3x instead of 4. Cutting out the fasting test. Then she changed the topic.

If they think you have it then I'd be demanding an US then to check baby out - my SIL had a 10lb baby and her fundal height measured behind.

Even in the UK where we don't get loads of scans they do do extra scans even with diet controlled GD.

Sorry if I come over a bit grumpy, I just would hate you to get labelled with something it seems unlikely you have.

Also I had to take my 4 year old to a birthday party and everyone was offering me cake for 'the baby'. I get angry when I can't eat cake :rofl:

Eek! I dont want a 10lb baby. I think I'd cry. Im nervous enough with the thought of giving birth. I will call my dr office this week to find out if/ when they do one and go from there. It kind of seems like they wait and tell me things that appt for the next or heck even for that one.

Yeah I would ask about that. I'm getting two ultrasounds a week now to keep an eye on the placenta.

I have sheets from the hospital to write down everything I eat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->