Gestational Diabetes Group - Us vs. the Carbs

Amelie, just 3 more week then! Good luck! You have done so well so far!

Amythyst, take it from one who was ripped and torn apart from a big baby - recovery takes months and months and you feel like crap during that period. I was so depressed I needed counseling. I think a c-section scar is easier to keep dry and clean. Consider the alternative! I think you made a wise choice. The first couple of weeks will be rough but you will feel better after that. Plus you get 2 extra weeks of maternity leave. :flower:

Even small babies can do a hell of a lot of damage - DD1 weighed 6lb 7oz but was forceps, episiostomy and a 2nd degree tear!

Some how my SIL pushed out a 10lb 4oz baby and got away with 2 stitches!

I was lucky enough to be able to push out my 10lb 7oz dd with only a tiny tear and a couple stitches that healed within a week! Thank god my momma have me birthing hips lol.

My episiostomy and tear healed really well with DD1. DD2 was bigger but not big (7lb 7oz) and basically her head was right about to crown for ages and she gave me loads of grazes around all my most sensitive bits - they had to stitch them so my hoo ha didn't heal together, urgh!

That was more painful to heal than the mess my DD1 left.

I have so much scar tissue down there now from the babies and then a gynae op I am worried about what will happen this time *sigh*

Mine was 10 lbs 2 oz, I got an episiotomy because he got stuck in my hips and they needed to use a ventouse. I got a 6 cm internal tear besides the episiotomy and a 4th degree tear. Basically, there was nothing between my vagina and anus.

After the surgery I had several midwives come by to look at me. They said that this was all they were talking about amongst themselves. Apparently, they happen very rarely. Lucky me!

Took 2 hours to fix me up in surgery and it took a year to feel normal again. Would not wish it on my worst enemy.

Just the episiotomy, which they gave me just to prevent the 4th degree tear from re-opening. I had a superficial tear in one of the inner lips that required one stitch and that was it!

I am tempted to request for someone to take a look at my scar tissue situation and discuss if an episiostomy might be a good way forward. I am scared because I have a scar straight down, and one to my left and right. Makes me worried I'll tear upwards towards my uretha - which I know is bad :nope:

How big was your baby?!?

He was 9.3 pounds - BUT - he was top heavy. His legs are "short" or normal sized but his head and his shoulders were very wide and big. He also had a large stomach. They were very afraid that he would get stuck in me and being that this was my first baby, they weren't sure if I could push him out without his shoulders getting stuck.

Here is a picture of what he looked like 2 minutes after pulling him out. I look at him in this picture and I'm like holy crap I don't think I could push that out! :)

I'm doing a little better today - pain is subsiding but I now have a nasty bruise on my tummy above my incision. I think I overdid my activity yesterday as I was trying to clean up the baby's room and unpack our stuff from the hospital. I haven't been "taking it easy" as much as I should.

This baby is a handful too - he is great during the day but night time is a whole other story. He gets cranky at night time and wants to stay "awake" but staying awake means screaming all night. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0617.jpg
    IMG_0617.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 11
He is gorgeous :flower:

I love his name too.

I maybe got a little pang of 'oooooh I want my baby', most of the time I am more 'arghhhhhh, how am I going to cope with another baby'.

I have GD clinic tomorrow, my numbers are nice and boring. Finishing work has really helped and I am doing well. I didn't have ketones at my mw appt on tuesday and had put on weight.

I'm at that stage where I struggle to get enough food into me to avoid ketones and they really want to see me gaining weight. It is really hard work for me to manage that on this diet.

Great name and gorgeous fella!

My first looked a lot like your Amythyst. Great wide shoulders that got stuck in me.

Rubysmommy, it's amazing you had such a large baby and no significant damage! Good for you!

Thanks guys! He is definitely a hand full... he just won't behave during the night. He is almost inconsolable at night time and wants to be fed like every hour. We feed him and he just stays awake but won't be calm... he will just scream and rant. I can console him with a pacifier for like 5 minutes but then he spits it out and starts freaking out again.

But during the day he's fine... will eat regularly and sleep ... he's asleep right now and has been for a couple of hours which is the most he's slept since like 2 AM last night.

Ugh. :)

Hospital was OK today. I didn't have ketones and my weight is increasing.

For the first time in any pregnancy of mine they took bloods for Hb1Ac testing.

I feel stupidly worried about it :nope:

Strange they did not give you your Hb1AC results asap. I got mine immediately. I am sure yours will be in the 5's. Nothing to worry about Amelie!

Just a bit scared and paranoid. It was one of those appointments that doesn't fill you with confidence. The midwife was nice and she knows her stuff but was a bit 'it could all go to crap and you might need insulin yet'.

Nothing is very immediate in the uk with bloods. Good old free national health service! I will call on Tuesday and ask.

Today I miss rice krispies, toast and jam and instant noodles. I am looking forward to the end now. I miss food.

I thought I would miss food too but now that I'm "allowed" to eat whatever I want... I have no cravings and I didn't dive into a cheesecake like I said I would 10 weeks ago. I'm actually sorta still eating low carb. When we have time to eat at all that is! LOL. I also lost some more weight... I guess its the fluid build up leaving me.

My hubby bought me a beer when he was out in celebration that I am allowed to drink again but even that didn't tempt me.

It also probably has to do with the fact that my stomach is numb from the c section and I still can't feel when I need to pee and even when I'm hungry doesn't really register until I'm like super hungry.

I think with what I can eat at this stage of the game combined with a rapidly growing baby just takes it out of me - I am trying not to feel negative.

Here is a bump pic from a few days ago - I can see my thighs are getting thinner. I am trying to eat more nuts, avocado and adding cream to everything!

https://s10.postimg.org/dmmdkqrs5/IMG_20150313_06110.jpg

My morning fasting levels are a little elevated the past couple of days. I hope it is due to some waking up in the night. I also had a slight high (6.1) fasting pre dinner yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->