Gestational Diabetes Group - Us vs. the Carbs

I've been totally composed this whole time so it's definitely coming out of nowhere.

I gave up on breastfeeding. My nipples are just too sensitive. I went to the bathroom earlier and thought my boob felt weird. I pulled out my nipple and it was all bloody and bruised from him sucking on it. My boobs are also totally soft and aren't showing any signs of even colostrum. Plus I felt terrible cause he would scream and scream after breast feeding cause he was hungry.

Don't give up yet if you really want to! I've heard it can be really rough for the first week or two. Do they have a consultant to help you there?

Sounds like a latch problem to me. At no point should you have nipple trauma like that with a proper latch. Remember, he needs to be coming at it from underneath like he's eating a really big sandwich. Weird analogy, I know, but that's how they described it at a breastfeeding conference I attended.

I never really wanted to do it cause I know how sensitive my nipples are. He was perfectly latched and I was observed many times by the consultants. My nipples are full of cracks and lines and they are just really fragile for lack of a better word? But yea just all bloody and painful now. He is much happier now with the bottle too. So everyone is much better off I think.

Has been nice not having to count carbs too. Even though I find myself ordering low carb things off the menu. :)

Amythyst, it might be worth having him check for a tongue tie and or lip tie. My DD1 has one (tongue tie) and it caused all manner of issues further down the line with bottle feeding and lots of puking, wind.

Also have to agree with Northern, I have super sensitive nips but with a correct latch you wouldn't have bruising or blood.

So it has taken me since 24 weeks but I think I'm officially off the sugar. I consider myself detoxed. All cravings for bad foods have disappeared and I'm eating like a pro athlete basically. It all makes sense now, haha!

It's now 9 days since I gave birth and I am 1.2 kilos below pre-pregnancy weight and I am eating like a horse to keep up milk supply. Yay for GD! I think it's changed something about my metabolism :)

That sounds amazing Oneway!

Last pregnancy I weighed the same a pre preg straight away but GD seemed to break my metabolism and despite bfing I gained weight after :rofl:

I have decided a lot of my GD is really not typical and is very odd though.

Baby is measuring around 7lbs 5oz. Not too concerned about that!

8lb ish then? That is a nice weight :flower:

Hopefully she'll come of her own accord before.

It's now 9 days since I gave birth and I am 1.2 kilos below pre-pregnancy weight and I am eating like a horse to keep up milk supply. Yay for GD! I think it's changed something about my metabolism :)

Oh yea? Congrats! ... I'm not sure what 1.2 kilos is... but I'm only 5 days since birth and I've lost a whopping 56 pounds since getting pregnant. My skin is hanging off of me...its disgusting.

Congrats on the weight loss to both of you!

I am celebrating 6 days with zero high numbers!!! And only one high number in the last 10 days :) either I'm finally figuring it out or something is going wrong...

Wow, incredible weight loss ladies!

My numbers got easier to control in the past few weeks as well. Probably a combination of figuring it out and my diet being detoxed from sugar.

Well, I had a sweep yesterday, or an attempted sweep at least. Painful process and nothing really happened but my plug has started to come out, so I guess that's something. Another NST on Friday, I have to see her next Wednesday in on OBS and she's going to check and make a decision about induction. She said my diabetes has not affected the baby at all so she might be willing to let me go a little longer to see if I go on my own. Increases my chances of a successful VBAC which I REALLY want, but I am so ready to not be pregnant right now.

Good luck Northern! I hope you're able to get your vaginal birth. I am totally not digging the recovery on this c section but I know based on his size that I probably would have had my vagina ripped pretty bad if I had done it that way. So, I dunno which is worse. :)

Congrats eventer! It is really gratifying when you know you have a handle on your numbers.

I've only had one high since December 28th! I think December was the peak of the mental battle with the GD, after that I seem to have settled down and accepted what has to be done.

34 weeks today and nothing weird appears to be going on numbers wise. I'm hoping their won't be a nasty sting in the tail for me in the final weeks. I know if I get to 37+ fine then they wouldn't bother medicating me even if my numbers crept up.

Hope not after all your hard work!

Plug is totally gone, came out this afternoon. Just went for an hour and a half walk. Going to use the breast pump in a bit to see what happens. Gotta wait till Friday to dtd with OH unfortunately. I've upped my EPO too.

I gave birth the same day I lost my plug so it might happen sooner than you think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->