Gestational Diabetes Group - Us vs. the Carbs

They take you off work here once you get put on insulin for GD. Thank god because waiting for hours for 4 appointments a week wouldn't have boded well at my work.

It is super hard! Just 10 days left! Pack whatever it is you want the most in your bag (mine was oranges).

Just wanted to update everyone. Oliver Matthew was born on April 17 at 12:54am. 8lbs and 20 inches at 37 weeks exactly. We are currently with him in the nicu at children's hospital. He has immature lungs and is on a ventilator, but hopefully will be taken off at some point today.

Congratulations, I hope he is with you getting cuddles soon :hugs:

Were you induced or did he arrive of his own accord?

Congratulations rubysmommy!
Because of the time difference, ours were at about the same time!

Maxwell Joseph was born 7lbs 13 oz (3.55kg) and 51 cm long on April 18th around 10:30 am by semi-emergency c section. The induction didn't take too well and they were worried pitocin contractions were going to spike my bp too much even with the epidural. They were willing to try but we decided c estriol and he was out within an hour and a half.

Congratulations rubysmommy!
Because of the time difference, ours were at about the same time!

Maxwell Joseph was born 7lbs 13 oz (3.55kg) and 51 cm long on April 18th around 10:30 am by semi-emergency c section. The induction didn't take too well and they were worried pitocin contractions were going to spike my bp too much even with the epidural. They were willing to try but we decided c estriol and he was out within an hour and a half.

Congratulations Eventerjj!

Was the BP issue something that popped up right at the end of the pregnancy?

He is a nice weight though - not very big at all!

Amelie, it was. Two weeks before I had gained almost 3 kg between apptts, so I wonder if that should have thrown a concern, and then the next appointment, my BP went from the normal under 120/80 to 138/80+. Las Thursday it was 150+/90+ and the admitted me right away and tried to keep it down, but that didn't work either. Hoping it comes down fully soon!

In the midst of all of this, I haven't even had a chance to check if the GD is truly gone so have any indulgences if it is! There is always time when I finally get to go home

I guess that amount of weight was fluid?

My BP has been very normal or low throughout pregnancy, I'm nervy of it though as my Mum had Pre E in her second and third pregnancies. I'm at the MW tomorrow so she'll check me over.

Tomorrow will mark the date that I am the most pregnant I have ever been :flower:

Congrats ladies! Rubysmommy, how is your baby doing now? Eventerjj, you remind me of my sister. She gave birth in the US and worked until the day before she gave birth. Do you have long maternity leave since you are in China?

Well done Amelie! Your baby might stay in your belly past due like you predicted :)

Thanks! He came all on his own. My water broke at 2pm but I dint have any painful contractions until 11pm. Labored until 12:48am and pushed for 6 mins before he was out! He is doing much better. He came off the ventilator yesterday morning and we continually see improvements. We are hoping to be able to bring him home on Friday.

I'm still here and still pregnant - getting nervous now about whether I'm doing the right thing just proceeding as a 'normal' non GD woman.

Ladies who were on minimal medication or with a doctor who would let them go overdue - how far were they willing to let you go before intervention?

41-42 weeks. With monitoring. My ob said an u/s and nst each week and 2 appts a week until baby comes.

I'm being induced but bc of my BP issues not because of the gd.

Amelie, they were willing to let me go til at least 40, of not more as long as everything looked good. But like Christina, BP interfered.

Christina, good luck! They tried inducing me but my BP was spiking too high with the contractions, even with the epidural (which I had to have to keep me even in safe range). They said we could try adding pitocin but they were worried and I was tired, sore and pissy after laying in a bed for 2 days unable to move, so we opted straight to c section since they said 70-80% chance I would end up there anyways because of BP.

I really hope your induction goes well and everything turns out great for you!

My BP is still ridiculously low so I think Im ok on that front!

I have some evil backache and am losing a lot of plug now so fingers crossed i'm going in the right direction.

And given I've popped out 2 kids previously hopefully it won't be too much torture in the buildup. She is due tomorrow by my dates, so i dont feel THAT overdue.

She has arrived! 29th April at 6.55pm - I was induced just via waters breaking.

Penelope Daisy weighed in at 7lb 1oz at 41 weeks. Totally normal sugars and we were home within 24hrs :flower:

Congrats Amelie! Great to know that your induction was not bad and that you were home within 24 hours. Good to hear that all us GD moms are now doing ok and that our babies are healthy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->