Gestational Diabetes Group - Us vs. the Carbs

My numbers are all over the place- with eating the same foods! These last two weeks I have had 12 numbers over where they should have been. I -maybe- had that amount of high numbers from the beginning up until the 9th of March. :cry:

I have absolutely no idea how big baby is. I don't know if she plans on delivering the baby early (I've had a bunch of people recently telling me that they will by about 38 weeks no matter what) but my dr. has never mentioned this at all. I just have to remember to ask these questions. I'm at a loss of what's going on. I'm 35 weeks today. I guess in reality I can have a baby as early as 3 weeks and as long as 5 weeks (or 6 if I go overdue which my gut feeling is telling me I won't but you never know). My appt. is on the 25th so I guess I'll find out then. :shrug:

Amelie, the doctor never really says where I am on the fundal height or anything like that. Last appointment he said baby was 95th percentile based on ultrasound measurements but today he didn't do a fundal measurement, just kinda felt him and said he was a good size, maybe around 7.5 lbs for birth weight. I go back next Friday April 3 and get an ultrasound to see where we are at.

I am feeling soooo much better since seeing the inpatient OB ward as they call it. Labor, delivery and recovery are all in the same room unless you need a c-section. They have a birthing ball, gas or epidural. The nurses we talked to were so great and so much more helpful than the doctor (isn't that usually the case?) and talked through everything for us. Baby stays in the room, the couch pulls in to a bed, and they even provide toiletries, robes and pajamas! I guess that is the benefit of a private western hospital in China.

Good luck with your numbers Christina! Have they stabilized at all?

I know with mine, the doctor is saying he will let me go naturally unless something big happens that we need to induce earlier. It seems to be a lot of preference on the part of the doctor as to when they want to induce or whether they will let you go for a while.

No, still all over the place. Though yesterday was a lost cause. I wasn't hungry early in the morning, skipped breakfast, then randomly got hungry. I ate tomatoes and cheese. Then 2 packets of oatmeal throwing in extra brown sugar. Then I went to visit my husband at work and ate a gigantic piece of cake. I never tested my sugars. On my way home I got McDonalds. 2 burgers and fries and a large iced tea. Still never tested. I was at 99 after dinner last night which was soup and grilled cheese.

I felt horrible after yesterday =( Both because despite my #'s being wacky I was still eating normally and healthy and who knows what happened. AND because eating all of that (which I used to do all the time!!) made me feel really sick. Headache and like I was going to throw up.

I haven't had breakfast this morning yet... I'm still not feeling very well. I may have a balance bar before I head to a meeting and then stop at the grocery store on my way home. They have a salad bar so I'm thinking a nice big salad will do me wonders.

Christina maybe you are a little unwell, that could make your numbers odd.

Also I found a direct correlation with starting a decent iron supplement (my iron was plummeting) and my numbers have really improved. I really think having strain on your body shows itself in your sugar.

I had a 36 week midwife appt today (one day early) Bump measuring one week behind, which is fine - I have a scan tomorrow.

She guessestemated baby to be around 5lbs now and likely birthweight of 6-6lb 8oz on her current curve. Sounds about right given the size of my other babies. The scan tomorrow will tell us more though.

The best news is all being well and the scan being good then she thinks the consultant will let me have the baby at the midwife unit at the hospital. Anything to avoid delivery suite, pressure to have an epidural and intervention. I've done that twice before and I really don't want tor repeat the experience.

The scan went well :flower: totally normal growth, placenta is healthy and good blood flow through the cord and normal fluid levels.

I'm not going to be induced all being well until a 'normal' date of term+12.

Oh and I can use the midwife unit like I wanted!

Congratulations Amelie! You have worked hard to get here. I wish you a happy and healthy normal delivery.

Hi, I'm here! Had miss Thea on the 20th. My water broke hours before I was set to be induced. Ended up with an emergency csection due to a high spinal. Baby was 6-14!

yay!! Congrats!

I hope your recovery goes well! I am just now, 3 weeks later, starting to feel "ok". My emotions are still crazy and I cry at the drop of a hat but at least my body is recovering.

This mommy thing is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. :)

Congrats Northern! How are your sugars doing now? Thea is a beautiful name!

Amythyst, even though this is my second round I completely feel the same way as you. My emotions are all over the place. I find myself getting anxious about some pretty stupid stuff. I keep reminding myself that it's all hormonal. Hope it passes soon!

I'm right there with you! I can't wait!!!
My numbers have been awesome and we go tomorrow for another appointment and ultrasound. for work reasons I hope he stays in for 2 weeks, for non work reasons I hope he comes as soon as possible!

I'd like this one to stay in until after the 9th of April - when I get my hair cut and coloured :rofl: but beyond that I don't mind. I suspect she will be late though. I'm well and not uncomfortable though so I can't moan.

I'm getting a bit tired in the evenings now but that is to be expected. It is easter holidays here and my girls are exhausting me!

Numbers are all very stable and normal. I tend to find the end previously has always been quite easy relatively from a GD perspective.

Hair cut and color is a great reason to hope this one stays in! I haven't found anyone here in China that I would trust yet, so my next one won't be til August when I get back to the States.

I'm not terribly uncomfortable yet, but my legs are starting to swell every day now :( I don't know if I am better off staying in my tall boots (with heels) and keeping pressure on so they don't totally balloon or if I should switch to flip flops and tennis shoes for work. Unfortunately or desks aren't set up well to have some place to put my feet up :(

Doctor says everything is looking great! Baby is around 6.7 lbs right now and he says we should be on track for around 7.5-8 lbs when he is born. He also said that my numbers are looking so good that I can test every other day or so now, just to make sure they are staying in line :) my blood pressure is starting to creep up just a little bit but not bad (130/80 today). He just told me to watch for the signs of pre-e just in case.

Congratulations to the new babies. Im still around , numbers pretry good for now. Getting lazy checking 4 times daily. I have a long way to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->