Gestational Diabetes Test

emmajane

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am due to have the Lucozade test tomorrow to see if I have diabetes but I have lost the bit of paper telling me how much Lucozade I need to drink and I can't get through to the midwives. Has anyone else had this test and if so, do they remember how much to drink and when???

Many thanks!

Hey there, I had this test earlier this week...I had to go to the midwives and they took my blood first, before I had eaten or drank anything, then drank a large glass of lucozade there...no idea how much it was exactly though sorry :( Wont they give you it once you get there?

No, they must be stingey here! We have to buy our own and drink it an hour before the test. Thankyou anyway though.

argh that sucks..just googled it and somewhere said 265 ml? Not sure if that rings any bells, sorry I couldnt be more help :(

no idea ours give it to us too, but we also dirnk it at home then go in for the bloods. Keep calling?!

or call NHS direct maybe?!

I had to drink 500mls for both of mine. Hope i have replied in time for you to get it before your appointment :s Good luck today xXx

Thankyou everyone. Just managed to get through to them. Need to drink 275mls and I didn't need to be fasting this morning so I am off to get some breakfast now. :) Fingers crossed for the result now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->