Get Mrs Cameron using cloth!

Breast vs bottle isn't an environmental issue though. It's not about what the NHS is pushing, but what her husband stands for.

Without wanting to turn this in to a political debate, that was just an example, but the Tories do fully support the NHS, the NHS support breastfeeding, so it could be looked at the same way as clearly people have already started to suggest on that group that she should BF publicly or promote it.

because *some* people have something against cloth and have to drag BF into an argument AGAINST cloth because they have no better argument? I dunno.....

Point is if someone knows about something and makes a choice against fair enough, its about educating and showing how great cloth is. IF (IF...I repeat IF!!!!!!) she chooses (yes CHOOSES!!!!) to use cloth it would be a great advertisement for cloth but also promote a more environmentally friendly option, which is apparently something her husband (and therefore Id assume she) believes in.

How has BF come into this?

Becasue people are trying to make her do something she maybe doesn't want to do - and that is another example of what some people may expect her do because it will encourage others to follow suit.

Breast vs bottle isn't an environmental issue though. It's not about what the NHS is pushing, but what her husband stands for.

Without wanting to turn this in to a political debate, that was just an example, but the Tories do fully support the NHS, the NHS support breastfeeding, so it could be looked at the same way as clearly people have already started to suggest on that group that she should BF publicly or promote it.

:dohh:

Make her....so people are actually going to MAKE her use cloth are they? :rofl:

because *some* people have something against cloth and have to drag BF into an argument AGAINST cloth because they have no better argument? I dunno.....

Point is if someone knows about something and makes a choice against fair enough, its about educating and showing how great cloth is. IF (IF...I repeat IF!!!!!!) she chooses (yes CHOOSES!!!!) to use cloth it would be a great advertisement for cloth but also promote a more environmentally friendly option, which is apparently something her husband (and therefore Id assume she) believes in.

who is that aimed at?!

I don't think it's got anything to do with people having a problem with cloth?

Make her....so people are actually going to MAKE her use cloth are they? :rofl:

oh go ahead and LYAO!

She will feel like people are trying to make her do something, given her position if she is sent something and decides not to use it - do you think the people on that group are just going to say 'oh well' - not they wont and she will end up looking bad because she made her choice not to use them.

I cant actually believe that people think its ok to do this?!

very well phrased :thumbup:
Even if some well known celebrities started using cloth nappies (and actually mention they use them) it would promote them sooo well; can imagine the craze w/ the latest celeb tots showing off their fluff bums and all the moms wanting the same design lol.

You realise that noone is going to send her anything as she cant accept gifts from the public? So she wont be sent anything anyway and if people DID send something it wouldnt be given to her, it would be sent back.

or maybe people have a problem with public BF then?

Nope, I don't think that's it either. I don't recall any of us saying "Using cloth nappies and BFing in public is wrong" just that you shouldn't really be forcing your ideas on someone. Yes, it would be great if she did both of those things. But maybe she has explored her options and decided against it

She was actually asked about cloth before, but she had 3 in nappies at the time and said it was too much. Fair enough, now she only has 1... so, if her only objection was that she had too many children to make it workable, it seems possible she'd be interested now.

It's not like BFing, at all. However, seems to be a lot of demonising going on for what is simply an idea at promoting something good.

You realise that noone is going to send her anything as she cant accept gifts from the public? So she wont be sent anything anyway and if people DID send something it wouldnt be given to her, it would be sent back.

Yes I know this, however the 'plan' of some people is to put no return address on it in the hope that she wont be able to return them.

The sad thing was that some person replied that then she wouldn't know where to buy them from ... yes they just want to SELL something, that is what was important to them!

How is a facebook page forcing ideas on anyone? Or sending someone a polite email or letter promoting something environmentally friendly....I dont see how basic promotion is "forcing"
If its forcing then any form of advertisement is also forcing ideas upon another person....

Yes I know this, however the 'plan' of some people is to put no return address on it in the hope that she wont be able to return them.

The sad thing was that some person replied that then she wouldn't know where to buy them from ... yes they just want to SELL something, that is what was important to them!

If they werent returned they they are given away to charities etc. SHE wouldnt get anywhere near them, it would be dealt with by staff.
Many people dont know where to buy cloth nappies from....whats that got to do with anything.....

Jesus Christ. I breast fed for 14 months I still think it'd be wrong to make her BF. This thread isn't about BF though, it's about a woman who is becoming a mother NOT for the first time who knows what she's doing. People are stupid for thinking they'll even get a say.

It isn't forcing her as such - however it will put her in the position where she feels pressurised, if she doesn't do it then questions will be asked..is she too lazy, does she think she is to posh for poopy buckets?
People wont let it rest if she chooses not to use them.
People are already judging the poor woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->