Get Mrs Cameron using cloth!

Gosh this is terribly funny.

Actually you could argue that using a laundry service is more environmentally friendly than using your own machine due to the scale they do it on (rather than teeny tiny 7kg or whatever machines at home) and they are efficient machines they use to keep business cost down.
Plus keeping of the disposables out of the land fill is a very, very big part of the environmentally friendly aspect.

I agree with Toria.

Ok, I haven't read through the thread so I will come back later but on first thoughts... I think it's up to her what she uses, public eye or not. Sure, I use them myself and I hope to make a difference and if someone asks me about them I'm happy to help but I'm not going to push my parenting style on anyone or expect them to change theirs.

I think the creators of the FB group have got themselves a bit carried away and not thinking the whole thing out anyway

''His previous excuse was he had no time. I'm sorry Prime Minister, but that is just not a good enough excuse!

USE A LAUNDRY SERVICE!!!!''

UMMMMMM - is that not defeating the object of washable nappies - using a laundry service is not exactly environmentally friendly now is it?! :shrug:

If everybody used a laundry service or even just washed cloth nappies at home then, er, you do realise it would save 4% of landfill, prevent the use of countless chemicals and be far better for the environment in so many ways?

So?! Sorry but some people just don't want to use cloth nappies. Those who do ask for advice. I've asked about them before because I wanted to know, if people came to me and demanded I'd just get pissed off.

Things like that group put people like her in a very akward position because they are things that can be used against her.

Demanded? They're sending her info and a few nappies to try :/ It's not a big deal, seriously.

Actually many people dont know about cloth nappies and thats why they dont use them, they dont even think its a workable solution for them. I didnt with my now 5yr old which is why I didnt use them. I wish they had been better promoted then as Id have 100% used cloth for him instead of disposables. I feel VERY guilty about the thousands of nappies I threw away that are now in landfil and will take 400+ years to decompose.

Yes I know all about the benefits of washables thanks!

I wasn't referring to the laundering, more the fact that they get collected and delivered in a van

I was going to reply reiterating the point yet again, but I feel like a broken record...

:dohh:

Facebook groups can become a big thing though. How would you like it if someone started a group saying you shouldn't use your car anymore because you try to help the environment? It just isn't their place!

Still better for the environment, by a long way... are people really that clueless about how bad sposies are for the environment? :/

Yes I know all about the benefits of washables thanks!

I wasn't referring to the laundering, more the fact that they get collected and delivered in a van

Less damage than is done by the rubbish bin lorries.

Facebook groups can become a big thing though. How would you like it if someone started a group saying you shouldn't use your car anymore because you try to help the environment? It just isn't their place!

I wouldn't care? I'm a grown woman with a spine?

It still wouldn't be their place!! Jesus... talk about miss the point.

I think most people would strive to use thier car as little as possible if they really understood how badly it affects the environment. I know I try to use it only where essential and where possible we carshare with people we know instead of taking seperate vehicles.
Its also why I recycle as much as possible and I actually avoid food products whose packaging is made from non-recyclable or non bio-degradable materials. Thats my choice, I wish the facts were more well promoted.

It would be nice if everyone in the world could just be a SMIDGE less selfish.

I'm not going to argue I don't care what she does I just think it's out of order for someone to start a group to pressure a mum into doing something. That's just MY opinion something I am allowed to give on here. If you don't like it just ignore it.

It still wouldn't be their place!! Jesus... talk about miss the point.

People can do what they want... pressure groups exist for a reason...

Do you all seriously think that samcam thought being the PMs wife would be lovely and rosy? It comes with the territory... don't run for PM if you and your family can't hack the pace. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->