Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

Around that age my LO started to fuss at the breast. I don't know if its an age thing, at the time I thought it was because of using bottles during the day while I'm at work. I just persevered and kept latching her on. It took about a week and she stopped fussing so much. I would keep trying to get her to latch on that side. I was just going to suggest some different positions but I see you already tried that.
Maybe someone can offer some more advice for you. :flower:

So relactation has been going great I'm now pump up to around two of her four bottles a day (14oz) plus whatever she gets through nursing, very pleased now it's totally worth it! Now though I'm having a really hard time getting her to latch onto the left breast, it's like a fight every time and I don't want her to associate breastfeeding with frustration now when we're doing so well. Also I want to continue giving all her feeds through the supplemental nursing system I have. I've tried some different positions but not much luck any advice?

Hello to a fellow East Coaster (I'm originally from Nova Scotia :) )

My LO has gone through spells of this over the last 6 months....can be either breast. It's usually just a bit of a phase and he gets over it within a few days. Maybe your left breast is a slower flow and that's why she's resisting that. You could try putting her on the right first to satisfy her initial hunger and then let put her on the left. Or try offering that side when she's more sleepy or wanting comfort and then that breast is at least getting stimulated. We went through a rough spell a few times at the before bedtime feed. I ended up just laying on the bed with him, with my bra undone so he had access if he wanted to nurse or if he just wanted to cuddle. That way the pressure was off of him and I felt more relaxed. Within 2 or 3 days, he was back to feeding as normal again xx

Thanks ladies for the tips i dnt think my baby gets any hindmilk shes probably to ful and pulls of before the goodmilk so i will blockfeed.. becoz ive been pumping less and baby sucks right boob more my left boob onlly gets 60 to 80mls per pumping session n then nothing comes out.. im wondering if tht boobs is any good becoz i used to get 200mls..i gues maybe then i had over supply and now i dont as much? I still have to give her some expressed milk coz after she feeds on boob then unlatches shel stop for a second and start crying then i put her back over and over in the end i just cnt seem to satisfy her

Lilly- we took her to doc coz her poo went green and he said its doreeaha to give her water but we decided not to give her water.. just fed her more
I use vasoline sometimes and breastmilk to rub on nipple the breatfeeding consultant said i shudnt use anything else incase baby or me has an alergy to it ( i have sensitive skin) i dont think shes confused coz shes been like this from the start she opens her mouth realy wide and knows were to find the nipple i think its just me? X

Ooooo, don't use Vaseline. Get Lansinoh! :) It's safe for the baby to consume if they have a feed and you don't have to wipe it off.

What about alergys? Lalechleague ladie said me or baby cud be alergic to lanolin that theres no need to risk it? X

:saywhat: I'm sorry, but LOADS of breastfeeding women use it and have had no issues. I'm surprised a La Leche League lady said that.

That's strange! There's lots of reasons to risk it! :haha: j/k but seriously I don't know if I would be BFing without lanolin. I put it on before and after each feed. I used to joke that LO had the best moisturized face in the world!

Hi Ladies
I wasn't sure how to go about this, but would like to offer my services as a breastfeeding champion? I BF my first for 7.5 months and am planning on BF this baby due in June!
I am 34 and married to a fireman, and our boy is 17 months old now and will be 20 months when this one arrives!
x

You Just need to PM Katt and let her know what you have had experience with and she'll put your name on the front page and you grab the blinkie and away you go :)

Hey ladies :) I really really need help! I am to the point where I have been crying a ton! Okay so here is my story... My son was born at 36+2 on 3/16 weighing 6lbs 14oz at his first pedi appt at 3 days old he weighed 6lbs 1oz pedi said he wasn't concerned... He started to look yellow and skinnier so I called and made him an appt again... At 6 days old he weighed 5lbs 11oz and they told me to supplement with formula... I tried and he puked if all up and some... Since then he has only gained back 2 oz at 12 days old... His pedi keeps pushing me to use formula but I just don't want to so I called a LC at the hospital he was born at and they told me to rent their pump and pump for 15minute after every feeding the Synge and tube feed it to him at the breast before each feeding.. I started doing this on Monday night and don't see any improvement... At night he eats every hour for 10-40 minutes each time... I am so exhausted and sore I don't know what to do!!! He has another appt on Friday and I am praying he will have gained some weight so the doctors leave me alone! I really really want to BF him! Oh also when he comes off of me my nipples are flat where his tongue was so it makes like a ridge on the top and they are bright pink and raw... Anyone know why?

It sounds like his latch is off. Has he been looked at for a tongue tie? I would contact the La Leche League in San Diego. https://www.lllusa.org/web/SanDiegoCA.html

The lactation consultant at the hospital checked his mouth I don't know if they checked for that but I do know they checked it out?

If she checked it could be his latch is off or slipping. Does he take a good chunk of areola?

He tries to take a lot in but his mouth is so tiny it doesn't seem like he can...

I'm keeping some milk in my boobies for when I'm finally settled and can get back to raising my supply. So stressful.

He tries to take a lot in but his mouth is so tiny it doesn't seem like he can...

It does sound like his latch is off.
I'd suggest meeting with a better LC .
Also I wouldn't worry too much some babies are slow gainers. If he's back up by his birth weight at a month, he's fine.

My daughter was 6 lbs 14 oz at birth too & at 3 days she was 6 lbs 4 oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->