Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

No periods. I've had Mirena for almost 8 mos and nothing.

I'm assuming the LC looked for lip tie and tongue tie? I just found out a month ago (LO 13 months old) that she has a pretty bad lip tie that for some reason didn't cause us too many problems. I had a LC and all the nurses telling me that LO had a perfect latch in the hospital and I had some pain but just chalked it up to normal bfing pain. Just a thought. As for your supply, you're probably ok at this point. Your supply might dip a little but if you want to go to 12 months you should be fine making it that far and beyond if you chose to. I'm down to nursing 2 times and pumping 2 times a day and dd seems fine with it.

Hi ladies.

I'm not having any problems breastfeeding (so far!) but as I am a bit of a newbie I could use some experience to fall back on.

Here's a bit about me - I tried to bf my third daughter but pain after my section was overwhelming and I got no support in the hospital. I tried to go back to it once I recovered and took brewers yeast and fenugreek but my supply was inadequate so after a couple weeks I conceded defeat.

This time I am determined to succeed :) this is my fourth daughter and she's 8 days old. I've bf since birth.

I get a toe - curling moment of agony when latching, when she pulls the nipple into her mouth. Then it's fine. My nipples were sore till I discovered lanisoh :thumbup: all good now.

So do you have anyone willing to be my mentor/knowledge bank? :)

Hey NickyNack - congrats on your newborn ;-) I had the same thing when my daughter was the same age (she's now 9.5 weeks). I just used lots of lanisoh until such time as my nipples didnt crack anymore, and then the actual "pain" of her latching on eventually disappeared as well - I think it took until she was about 2/3 weeks old.
I had exactly the same with my first daugher - just bear with it and am sure it will settle down ;-)

My son is 4 days old, and my biggest problem is sore, cracked nipples and pain on latching, some discomfort during nursing as well. How long until your nipples should toughen up and won't be so painful?

Hi ladies.

I'm not having any problems breastfeeding (so far!) but as I am a bit of a newbie I could use some experience to fall back on.

Here's a bit about me - I tried to bf my third daughter but pain after my section was overwhelming and I got no support in the hospital. I tried to go back to it once I recovered and took brewers yeast and fenugreek but my supply was inadequate so after a couple weeks I conceded defeat.

This time I am determined to succeed :) this is my fourth daughter and she's 8 days old. I've bf since birth.

I get a toe - curling moment of agony when latching, when she pulls the nipple into her mouth. Then it's fine. My nipples were sore till I discovered lanisoh :thumbup: all good now.

Toe-curling pain upon latching can be a sympton of thrush.

Do you have any other symptoms or have you or baby been on antibiotics?

I'm always happy to help mummys :thumbup:

My son is 4 days old, and my biggest problem is sore, cracked nipples and pain on latching, some discomfort during nursing as well. How long until your nipples should toughen up and won't be so painful?

Have you had your latch checked?

It sounds like you could be suffering from LO having a shallow latch. Your nipple should be far enough back in babys mouth so that when feeding it is against the soft pallet of LO's mouth, not the hard pallet. :thumbup:

Hi ladies.

Nope, not on or been on anti-bs or any other symptoms :) I peeked in her mouth and no sign of thrush either. It's getting better, I think it was just over sensitive nips, before I discovered lanisoh cream, and a strong suck lol. :)

Hi ladies.

Nope, not on or been on anti-bs or any other symptoms :) I peeked in her mouth and no sign of thrush either. It's getting better, I think it was just over sensitive nips, before I discovered lanisoh cream, and a strong suck lol. :)

Make sure your latch is correct at each feed - I know how easy it can be to just let them be during a night feed if you're tired and they're fussy so you put up with slight pain but that just leads to bigger problems so never worry about unlatching and correct a latch :thumbup:

I'm sure in a week or so you'll see an improvement. :thumbup:

anyone on here had to deal with vasospasms or raynauds phenomenon???

im on nifedipine, have been for a week and half. getting headaches from it. still having pain though not as often. i have 4 days left of my two week script and will more than likely need at least another two weeks. i have thought about quitting bf a few times from other probs, but not as much as from this. its so painful!!! i went on two rounds of fluconozole thinking it was thrush, which seemed to make the spasms worse. i wanted to go as long as possible but this is getting to be too much. the hotter it gets outside, the colder my family wants the house. i want to make them comfortable so im not saying anything. its about to hit the 100's here and going from outside to inside my house makes me want to cry. even drinking cold things makes me too cold and hurts. and im cutting down caffeine to help with constrictions. i also sleep under at least 2 blankets and wear long sleeves with sweat pants. im so hot i sweat all night but its better than being awake in pain.

i guess i just want to hear someone say they had this and the nifedipine eventually made it go away :wacko:

A friend used those gel hand warmer thingies in her bra for her vasospasms, hers were mild compared to yours tho. Just an idea in case you haven't thought of it

Also. Hugs!

Sorry, another question.

I'm told my appetite should have increased while feeding but I've found myself eating minimal amounts - I'm just not hungry! I could drink an entire reservoir a day but only have maybe two small meals a day. And occasionally a snack of an apple or some toast too.

Is it ok to be eating normally? Or do I have to increase my meals?

Your baby is only taking a tiny amount of milk at the moment as they're so young. Make sure it's healthy stuff you're eating and def drink enough but as long as the weight isn't dropping off you I would say eat to your hunger. Maybe add a third meal just so you're spreading things out a bit more.

I think my LO has a shallow latch, it used to be so, so painful when she latched on, then would be uncomfortable the whole time she was on the breast. More often than not, my nipple comes out flat and pointy. I try unlatching her and latching her back on, but she gets frustrated and cross, and it hurts so much that its easier to just leave her be. How can I encourage her to latch deeper?
She's become very clingy too, last night she spent over 3 hours on the breast, not actually sucking at all, but every time I took her off to do anything, she would scream and scream! I wasn't sure if she had emptied each side, so I switched sides, but she still wasn't sucking at all? Does anyone have any ideas of what I can try? My OH is back in work now, and I'm really struggling :( I had potato waffles for dinner last night, because it was the only thing I could cook one handed, and even then they ended up getting burnt because she wanted feeding, and then they were cold by the time I actually got to eat them!

A friend used those gel hand warmer thingies in her bra for her vasospasms, hers were mild compared to yours tho. Just an idea in case you haven't thought of it

Also. Hugs!

thanks hun! thats a really good idea! i keep a heating pad next to the chair i usually nurse in, but i cant always sit and nurse. i had DH block the registers in the bathroom cuz stripping down for a shower was the worst. i have literally cried all night in pain, we sleep with the ac and 2 fans on. it was 3 fans, but i had to get rid of mine- too much pain! i think it has actually gotten worse since the 2 rounds of fluconozole. :nope: i just want it gone!!!

Luci. Try exaggerated latch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGttPTx7iSs

And maybe a sling? A stretchy wrap usually works well for young babies. Then you can have potato waffles AND beans! Look out for regular growth spurts/wonder weeks. Clingy crying feeding constantly. I deal with them by just cancelling everything for a week, including dressing and washing and just wear the baby constantly. For me it goes easier if I just give myself to it and don't resist even tho I want SPACE

I'm thinking mine could def be a shallow latch. I am going to try what's on that video... but I am also thinking my nipples are pretty small too. I used shields with my first and don't want to do that again.

Me again. Can you tell football is on? I'm going to do something else after this post

Remember it's breastfeeding not nipple feeding :) doesn't matter if they're small or large it's about getting a big old mouthful of boob

I used rugby ball hold when my LO was tiny. Helps sometimes. One of my boobs probably weighed as much as his entire body so he kinda found it hard to latch on in cross cradle :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->