Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

Amiii - just wanted to say, good luck, hon. In my experience BFing is all about having a strong will and be determined to do it, so I'm positive you'll have a successful relactation. Congrats, you're a great mum, honey.:flower:

Amiii - just wanted to say, good luck, hon. In my experience BFing is all about having a strong will and be determined to do it, so I'm positive you'll have a successful relactation. Congrats, you're a great mum, honey.:flower:

Thank you so much and oh I really hope I will be able to do this! Xx

This is so hard! So the blocked duct from tues is now cleared and now I have one on the other side. Seriously?!? I need to get her latch checked today as it suddenly seems really shallow and I can't seem to correct it. Going to see the breast feeding counsellor today to get that done. Also thought if buy some lecithin to see if that helps. Has anyone used this? What dose should I take?

Why is it that as soon as something seems to be going well it all falls apart again?

im sorry to hear youre having a blocked duct, AGAIN :( ugh that must be so frustrating :( keep doing what you are doing, nursing, and with time LO's latch will continue to improve and hopefully this wont happen to you ever again!

Can anyone tell me why my LO randomly will pull off my boob but with her mouth shut (which HURTS!!) and then be really upset afterwards cause shes still hungry. And its not a case of my milk isn't there cause sometimes its at the beginning of the feed or randomly in the middle.
I'm not sure but my 6.5 month old does this too... its very uncomfortable!! youre not alone! i havent been able to figure out why... i think he might just be relatching

My baby is three months. I cant overcome the fact that he is not breastfed. I am so sad because of this. Is there any possibilites for me to start bf now?

Our doctor says its too late now and that I shoudnt confuse him and just stick to formula :shrug::cry:.
As the above poster said TheNewMrs is so inspiring and she started BF at 3 weeks just like you hope to!!! I wish you the best!

Ladies. I'm still ebf although baby has had the odd bottle of formula (maybe five in total) but nothing for a week. I'm desperately trying to increase my milk supply as I'm back to college on Monday. I don't want to give her formula but I only have 6oz stored. I have a hospital grade electric pump and have been pumping as much as I can but nothing seems to be happening. Baby drains my boobs and then I can get maybe a teaspoon of milk. If I pump after her early morning feed I can get 3oz or so, but then Mia will nurse almost continuously and pulls on my nipple as she isn't getting enough. Is there anything you can suggest to kick my milk supply up a bit?

Also I can't hand express - I have tried loads but can't get anything out except if I pinch my nipple. Just for when I am college I am planning on doing a "pump and dump" (as wont have any storage for milk, fridge etc) to keep supply up. I have a manual pump too that I can use. Or can you keep expressed milk out of the fridge for a few hours!?

Thanks ladies - I'm not ready to give up yet :nope:

I read recently you can keep freshly expressed milk for 8hr at room temperature.

I might not feel comfortable doing that myself but I trailed fresh milk around in a cool bag with ice blocks today until I could put it.in the fridge at home.

Seriously, I can't see how pumping and dumping would work because what will your LO be drinking in the meantime? Usually people pump to provide the next day's milk. :shrug:

There are things you can take to improve your supply such as oats, fenugreek and chocolate! :winkwink:

HTH!
xXx

I'm doing the same while I'm back at school, pumping halfway through my day. I'll be keeping it as I'll have only 4 hours of having to keep it at room temp and so it should be no problem to put in the fridge afterwards.

Just keep the milk you pump at school and smell it when you get home to make sure it's still good!

Ladies. I'm still ebf although baby has had the odd bottle of formula (maybe five in total) but nothing for a week. I'm desperately trying to increase my milk supply as I'm back to college on Monday. I don't want to give her formula but I only have 6oz stored. I have a hospital grade electric pump and have been pumping as much as I can but nothing seems to be happening. Baby drains my boobs and then I can get maybe a teaspoon of milk. If I pump after her early morning feed I can get 3oz or so, but then Mia will nurse almost continuously and pulls on my nipple as she isn't getting enough. Is there anything you can suggest to kick my milk supply up a bit?

Also I can't hand express - I have tried loads but can't get anything out except if I pinch my nipple. Just for when I am college I am planning on doing a "pump and dump" (as wont have any storage for milk, fridge etc) to keep supply up. I have a manual pump too that I can use. Or can you keep expressed milk out of the fridge for a few hours!?

Thanks ladies - I'm not ready to give up yet :nope:

US CDC website says 6-8 hours, my pump manual says 10 w/o fridge...

yeah, I don't think I'd go with 10, but I guess 6 is a safe bet. Still seems weird to me as well!

I pump while at college. If it's under 4 hrs til I get back to my daughter, I keep it room temp in my purse/backpack. If I have longer to go, I take a small cooler with freezer packs in my car and keep it there.

Please help me!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/breastfeeding/1148201-feeding-issues.html

could you please help me too :) im getting worried! https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/breastfeeding/1150091-tmi-picture-green-poo-mucus.html

Hi there ladies... I've just started to express so hubby can do the night feed at the weekends and so I can be out of the house at times and not worry about being away from bubba for too long.

What I'm wondering though is if we give baby expressed milk will my milk supply decrease at that time if I don't express the milk I should be feeding him? Or is it just advisable to do this for comfort?

Hope that question makes sense...?

Not sure if this is exactly a breast feeding question but the only way I can get my son to fall asleep is on the boob. He is 9 days old and since yesterday almost been non stop feeding and falling asleep, if I move him he wakes up and wants to eat more. Any advice to get him out of this habit? I don't have time to do anything but feed now.

Hi there ladies... I've just started to express so hubby can do the night feed at the weekends and so I can be out of the house at times and not worry about being away from bubba for too long.

What I'm wondering though is if we give baby expressed milk will my milk supply decrease at that time if I don't express the milk I should be feeding him? Or is it just advisable to do this for comfort?

Hope that question makes sense...?

Once your supply has regulated missing a feed every once in a while shouldn't make a difference.

Not sure if this is exactly a breast feeding question but the only way I can get my son to fall asleep is on the boob. He is 9 days old and since yesterday almost been non stop feeding and falling asleep, if I move him he wakes up and wants to eat more. Any advice to get him out of this habit? I don't have time to do anything but feed now.

That's normal newborn behaviour, he's on the boob frequently to establish your supply and it's important to just let him feed whenever he wants. I know it's incredibly time consuming, but can you just put everything else aside for a while? If you have stuff you really need to get done you could try feeding him in a sling.

My almost 5 month old still feeds to sleep, but it has become a lot easier since the first few weeks.

Hang in there, you're doing a fab job. :hugs:

I have a question too, I'm trying to go back to work and hate the idea of giving my baby girl formula, but when I pump i get very little milk... How can I increase my supply? Jade won't eat more than she needs to, so I don't really know what to do...

Can you pump after your morning feed? My LC said to do this if I wanted to build up a supply, morning was the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->