Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

After some advice and reassurance. I've had a few blocked ducts on my right side but none for about 2 weeks. I've notices that I've still got a lump on that side. It's not tender and never really changes in size. It's about the size of a squash ball (maybe a bit smaller). In going to see the dr today to ask for a scan. Relationally I'm sure it's milk stuck there but I can't help worrying that it's something worse. I guess I'm scared as mum has cancer and I can't shake the thought that this could be something horrid. Please help.

After some advice and reassurance. I've had a few blocked ducts on my right side but none for about 2 weeks. I've notices that I've still got a lump on that side. It's not tender and never really changes in size. It's about the size of a squash ball (maybe a bit smaller). In going to see the dr today to ask for a scan. Relationally I'm sure it's milk stuck there but I can't help worrying that it's something worse. I guess I'm scared as mum has cancer and I can't shake the thought that this could be something horrid. Please help.

If youre worried, get a scan. I've only ever had painful blocked ducts. But I have had cysts removed when I was younger. You do have crazy hormones right now so maybe that's what it is :).

I have a question too, I'm trying to go back to work and hate the idea of giving my baby girl formula, but when I pump i get very little milk... How can I increase my supply? Jade won't eat more than she needs to, so I don't really know what to do...

Pump after she feeds for a set amount of time so you don't get a huge over supply. Also, I've noticed 2am seems to get a lot of milk - inconvenient but true. And first morning milk if youve managed to get a decent time block of sleep. Ideally, you really only need enough for one day in advance so be careful not to over pump when you're establishing supply.

If youre worried, get a scan. I've only ever had painful blocked ducts. But I have had cysts removed when I was younger. You do have crazy hormones right now so maybe that's what it is :).

I hope that's what it is. My gp has referred me to the breast clinic. Not sure when I'll be seen but hope I won't have to wait too long.

I have a question too, I'm trying to go back to work and hate the idea of giving my baby girl formula, but when I pump i get very little milk... How can I increase my supply? Jade won't eat more than she needs to, so I don't really know what to do...

Pump after she feeds for a set amount of time so you don't get a huge over supply. Also, I've noticed 2am seems to get a lot of milk - inconvenient but true. And first morning milk if youve managed to get a decent time block of sleep. Ideally, you really only need enough for one day in advance so be careful not to over pump when you're establishing supply.

Yep, I second all these recommendations.:thumbup:

I hope that's what it is. My gp has referred me to the breast clinic. Not sure when I'll be seen but hope I won't have to wait too long.

Hopefully everything will be fine! My mum had a fairly large benign growth on one side of her breast after having and breastfeeding me; it was benign but for some reason they were unable to remove it until about 6 years after she stopped breastfeeding my youngest sister, she had it removed under local anaesthetic and has never had any problems since (and this was nearly 20 years ago now) :flower: xx

This is my 3rd child I have EBF, but the first time that I will be returning to work and will be expressing. I am trying to figure out how much I should need to leave with his daycare provider, and will he still want to nurse when I get home? I am heartbroken, I am afraid he is going to want to continue on the bottle as it may be easier. :cry:

This is my 3rd child I have EBF, but the first time that I will be returning to work and will be expressing. I am trying to figure out how much I should need to leave with his daycare provider, and will he still want to nurse when I get home? I am heartbroken, I am afraid he is going to want to continue on the bottle as it may be easier. :cry:

How old will baby be when you return to work?

Don't worry it'll be fine - we can come up with a plan of action :hugs:

My appointment at the breast clinic is next Monday. Think I've just realised how scared I am that this will be something horrible.

My appointment at the breast clinic is next Monday. Think I've just realised how scared I am that this will be something horrible.

Oh sweetie, I can imagine this is a very scary time for you right now but please try to not let it get to you too much. In situations like this (my mum had cancer 3 times) I know how it's the fear of the what ifs and the not knowing that's the worst whilst you're waiting. Please try not not worry until you know there's something to worry about. Easier said than done I know but focus on your LO, I have everything crossed for you that it's just a cyst. Xxx

He will be 6 weeks. :cry: I'm not ready.....but financially I need to go back.

Ok, how are you feeding at the moment? On demand?

Will he happily take a bottle of EBM?

Are you going back full time / part time? What hours etc? :hugs:

I also returned to work when my DD was 6 weeks old, and I have not had a problem with her having any nipple confusion. She is still very much a booby baby and sometimes resists the bottle when I gone. So try not to worry.
I'm not sure what your hours will be but this is how I do it. I breastfeed her at 7:30am before I leave for work. Then she has a bottle of EBM every 3 hours while I'm working (usually 9:30, 12:30. 3:30) Then I nurse on demand from the time I get home and all night, and I still nurse on demand on the weekend. At six weeks she was taking 4ozs a feed, so I packed 12oz a day. At 16 weeks she started taking 5ozs per feed (15 ozs per day)
At first was I was having trouble pumping enough at work, so I also pumped at night after she went to bed. I started taking More Milk Plus (bought from Amazon) and that upped by supply enough to just be able to pump enough at work.
Good luck and try not to worry. I'm sure he will still be a booby baby!

Im at my wits end.. I need to find the money for an LC around here I think. My lo just turned 7 weeks and she just within the last week has started giving me the "lipstick" nipples again :wacko: Ive tried everything I can think of to make sure she has a good solid latch thats deep enough, but Ive realized that shes clamping down more than just suckling :( HELP!!

Have they been checked for a tongue tie? I think lipstick nipples can be a sign of TT.

xXx

We are feeding on demand right now, I have started pumping in between feeds to have some supply of milk. I usually pump around 5 oz at a time. I will be working 8 hr days, from 7am-3pm. He takes a bottle of my milk okay, but gets fussy and gassy afterwards.

Help!

Baby is almost four weeks..left breast feed is perfectly fine every single time. Right breast is really sore due to a bad latch last week which resulted in a chunk out of my nipple (seriously..MW even said she had never seen a such a bad nipple!) and the right breast always gets engorged which makes it really difficult to latch initially making the pain really bad. Once he's taken a couple of minutes I can relatch and there's no pain etc because he's latched on properly. This has been going on for a week now and I'm struggling. I've tried hand expressing some off before he feeds but that's not helping.

Any ideas/help I'd be really grateful.

TIA

xXx

what about pumping some off until its not engorged so the latch is right straight away? letting him latch badly for a couple of minutes is just going to make you more sore. also i got really bad nipples too (still have scars :dohh:), i ended up sleeping topless to get air to them, used lansinoh before and after every feed. Used breast shells sometimes to stop clothing pressing on them. Once you've got the nipple healed it'll be easier. Also gradually your supply will settle down so you won't be engorged before feeds anymore. Just be careful you don't overpump or you'll take longer to stop being engorged before feeds :hugs: xx

We are feeding on demand right now, I have started pumping in between feeds to have some supply of milk. I usually pump around 5 oz at a time. I will be working 8 hr days, from 7am-3pm. He takes a bottle of my milk okay, but gets fussy and gassy afterwards.

Ok, I would carry on feeding on demand when at home. :thumbup:

When you're pumping, set times - a routine. That way it will be easier for your body to know when to have the milk there. The more you pump the more you will produce. Be careful to be consistant though (every day where possible) as not to create oversupply issues or blocked ducts. :thumbup:

Have you approached work about you expressing whilst there? Have they given you set times or can you give them a schedule? :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->