Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

Thanks summer rain, I'll get in touch with a LC - we decided to give her a bottle of formula before bed, while I pump x2 to keep supply up, and see what difference it makes on Thursday. I'm trying to build up a better supply with extra pumping, fenugreek and oats again meantime, with the view of giving her ebm instead (if by Thursday she has improved!).
But yeah - she drained 6oz last night happily at 9.30pm, and still woke at her normal 3am for more! :wacko:

Remember though, if you start giving her formula, it signals your body to make LESS milk.. since she isn't nursing at that time.

I'd like to be matched please :)
A bit about me: I'm 25, had lo at 38+3 with no complications. Initially had problems with her latching on and syringe fed her in hospital for a couple of days. She then latched well and we had no problems til about 5 days ago. Id been giving her infacol but she stopped latching on properly- so now I'm back to sore nipples! Stopped infacol and she's not fussing as much but her latch still isn't great.
I also believe she has 'grunting baby syndrome' and am struggling to settle her after her feeds and nappy changes.
This has left me over tired and extremely emotional at the moment. Any help would be great :)

I'd like to be matched please :)
A bit about me: I'm 25, had lo at 38+3 with no complications. Initially had problems with her latching on and syringe fed her in hospital for a couple of days. She then latched well and we had no problems til about 5 days ago. Id been giving her infacol but she stopped latching on properly- so now I'm back to sore nipples! Stopped infacol and she's not fussing as much but her latch still isn't great.
I also believe she has 'grunting baby syndrome' and am struggling to settle her after her feeds and nappy changes.
This has left me over tired and extremely emotional at the moment. Any help would be great :)

Hi lovey,

I'm going to match you with CatandKitten. :thumbup: She has experience of poor latching and will hopefully be able to help you one to one. Feel free to PM her - you can link to her by clicking on her username on the 1st page of this thread.

...........in regards to GBS - I've heard that rectal stimulation helps but I would advise against it as it's documented that it can lead to babys body then requiring the stimulaiton every time in order to have a bowl movement. Have you seen you doctor?

:hugs:

No as I'd read the same. I'd rather her grow out of it naturally. Thank you I will pm her xx

Another question for you ladies, I was having trouble with my baby latching. I believe the problem was just not a deep enough latch, I now can sometimes get him to have a deep latch but I still find it extremely hard, and end of hearing the smacking noises and then have "lipstick" nipples. So my question is how can I get him to have a good deep latch? and secondly when I finally get him to latch on properly which is not often he will drink for 10 - 15 mins and then fall asleep, when i get him to wake up by burping him he acts content and either stays awake or sleeps. Is he getting enough in that ten minutes? with a bad latch it is usually an hour long feed.

Another question for you ladies, I was having trouble with my baby latching. I believe the problem was just not a deep enough latch, I now can sometimes get him to have a deep latch but I still find it extremely hard, and end of hearing the smacking noises and then have "lipstick" nipples. So my question is how can I get him to have a good deep latch? and secondly when I finally get him to latch on properly which is not often he will drink for 10 - 15 mins and then fall asleep, when i get him to wake up by burping him he acts content and either stays awake or sleeps. Is he getting enough in that ten minutes? with a bad latch it is usually an hour long feed.

Providing baby is having a good number of wet nappies and is gaining weight I'd say he's getting enough from the feeds. The feeds take longer when he has a poor latch as the milk transfer is not as good. If you think the latch is even abit off then take him off and start again.

https://www.pumpstation.com/pumpstation/dept.asp?dept_id=3228

This link might help you :thumbup: :hugs:

Remember though, if you start giving her formula, it signals your body to make LESS milk.. since she isn't nursing at that time.

Thanks hun, but as I am doing a double pump twice, instead, I'm hoping it wont be an issue :)

I'm also pumping after every feed now to trick my boobies into producing more milk :thumbup:

Will hopefully update with great news, on thursday :thumbup:

I know I asked some questions before, but now that it's getting closer to baby coming, I am having absolute anxiety about breastfeeding. I want to so desperately and since I wasn't able to with the boys, I want to make sure this time, that I can. Is there any way to guarantee that I will be able to after my c section this time? Thanks!

I know I asked some questions before, but now that it's getting closer to baby coming, I am having absolute anxiety about breastfeeding. I want to so desperately and since I wasn't able to with the boys, I want to make sure this time, that I can. Is there any way to guarantee that I will be able to after my c section this time? Thanks!

Make sure the midwives / doctors know you intend to BF. Tell them you want to BF baby as soon as possible after birth. (After my EMCS it was once I was in recovery).

Lots of skin to skin will help your milk come in. Make sure you get shown how to latch correctly from the word go and request that baby is checked for lip and tongue ties asap to eliminate those possible problems straight away. :thumbup:

Start taking acidophilus as soon as baby is born to help keep thrush at bay and keep on top of pain medications.

Feed on demand and research breastfeeding. Learn what is normal and to be expected (growth spurts and cluster feeding etc).

If you need help or support ask for it - midwives, family, friends, here - there's always somebody more than happy to help. :hugs::hugs:

Easier said than done, but don't be anxious, say to yourself 'I will, I am equipped to do so', and it will happen.

I too had a c-section and managed to BF straight away.

x

I have always had one boob that hurt more when lo latched but now i have noticed its starting to crack, i thought my latch was ok but now im not sure so going to find a class to go to to get checked but in the mean time any suggestions on what to do to help it heal? im using laneolin (sp) any ideas greatly appreciated!

express some milk and rub it into nipple plus let air around your nipples as much as possible. I know it sounds strange but for the first few weeks i tried to wear a bra as little as possible and let my nipples air dry after feeds. Hope it heals soon hun x x

I have always had one boob that hurt more when lo latched but now i have noticed its starting to crack, i thought my latch was ok but now im not sure so going to find a class to go to to get checked but in the mean time any suggestions on what to do to help it heal? im using laneolin (sp) any ideas greatly appreciated!

i alternated between breastmilk on the cracked nipple and also lanolin, or some cold gel packs that are meant for healing cracked skin. if youre not doing the gel pad then air dry as much as possible!

As PP said, put breastmilk on it and let it air dry a couple times a day, this will help it heal much faster. You will learn that breastmilk can actually cure alot of things. From cracked nipples to blocked tear ducts and baby acne. :thumbup:

Hey ladies, new to this part of the forum. I have a week old baby, and because of weight loss and milk coming in slow I have supplement, I would love to hear from anyone who had to do the same. My friends keep telling me not to worry in three weeks or so she will be soley bf'd. She latches now but does not keep it up. I want to just bf so much. Milk supply is good we do bf for twenty per side before supplementing. I just worry she won't catch up but then reminding myself she is only a week old and give her time.

Hey ladies, new to this part of the forum. I have a week old baby, and because of weight loss and milk coming in slow I have supplement, I would love to hear from anyone who had to do the same. My friends keep telling me not to worry in three weeks or so she will be soley bf'd. She latches now but does not keep it up. I want to just bf so much. Milk supply is good we do bf for twenty per side before supplementing. I just worry she won't catch up but then reminding myself she is only a week old and give her time.

...hey! I reckon there is still time for your milk to come in, mine took a week. Just keep at it hun, the early weeks are the hardest xxx

Keep trying to not supplement if you can once your milk comes in.Because the more you supplement, the less LO will drink at her next feeding and your body will make less milk. It can be a slippery slope so just keep that in the back of your mind. Congrats on the new baby!! :)

I went through similar issues with my LO when she was born, so I will shoot you a PM. :) <3 Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->