Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

Hi There

I've just noticed this thread!

To cut a long story short, I had to stop breastfeeding Joseph at 2 weeks old - he is now 18 weeks old. I would love some on to one support on relactating is possible!? :flower: xx

Hi! I don't know much about this. Maybe check the first page, look for a member that specializes in relactation and pm them. :thumbup:

Good luck! I really hope you are successful!

Thank you so much! Someone should give you a medal Tigerlady!

:blush: Thanks, hon.

But, IMHO, every single dedicated mommy that treats her child with love and respect deserves a medal. It's hard work! And I've done nothing special other than what I felt was best for me and my babies. Just the fact that you are here, seeking advice and looking for the best thing for you and your babies means you are doing the same. :flower:

I think I am going to wait until I have an ultrasound and can find out how far along I am before I decide how long to breastfeed Emma for- it is really painful and exhausting at the moment, and morning sickness is not helping!
Hopefully I'll find the strength to continue, I know it is possible, and the best thing for Emma, so I definitely won't give up without a fight!

so weird...
for the past...two days now, when Molly first latches she makes a face, like it hurts, and pulls off. Then she relatches and eats like normal?
What would cause this?
And I have pneumonia right now and I am really worried to take the meds because my dr said it can dry up my milk. I reallly don't want that....any advice?

I think I am going to wait until I have an ultrasound and can find out how far along I am before I decide how long to breastfeed Emma for- it is really painful and exhausting at the moment, and morning sickness is not helping!
Hopefully I'll find the strength to continue, I know it is possible, and the best thing for Emma, so I definitely won't give up without a fight!

Take it one day at a time, hon.

Keep in mind that everyone I know that has BFed while pg finds the second half of pg much easier than the first. So, don't think it will be this hard the entire time you are pg. Getting through the first half of pg is the hardest part. But if you choose not to do it, that is totally understandable. You have already given Emma a precious gift to have fed her this long. She will continue to benefit from it even after you stop.

so weird...
for the past...two days now, when Molly first latches she makes a face, like it hurts, and pulls off. Then she relatches and eats like normal?
What would cause this?
And I have pneumonia right now and I am really worried to take the meds because my dr said it can dry up my milk. I reallly don't want that....any advice?

What meds do you have?

Is Molly showing any signs of teething? It could be that (thought she is a bit young, young teething isn't unheard of). Or thrush? Have either of you been on antibiotics recently?

Take it one day at a time, hon.

Keep in mind that everyone I know that has BFed while pg finds the second half of pg much easier than the first. So, don't think it will be this hard the entire time you are pg. Getting through the first half of pg is the hardest part. But if you choose not to do it, that is totally understandable. You have already given Emma a precious gift to have fed her this long. She will continue to benefit from it even after you stop.

Yes, I agree. The first half of this pregnancy was rough for me but I actually found breastfeeding to be helpful. It gave me a chance to sit down and relax and I found that my morning sickness seemed to ease up while breastfeeding. I"m 26 weeks now and breastfeeding has become much easier.

Hello!

I breastfed my son for a week, so I thought, until it was discovered he wasn't latching on properly at all (I didn't know any better, young first time mom!) and was just essentially licking the milk off of me, leading him to not nearly get enough. He had to be hospitalized.

Since then I've been expressing, but only making 1/2 of what he needs (I get two ounce each pumping, he eats four oz) and rarely try to BF because I find it frustrating and upsetting, both for him and I. I have very flat nipples so he has a horrid time latching on and tends to latch onto his bottom lip instead.

I've decided that if I want him to BF..then well, I need to start working on it. He does get some with a nipple shield but I hate using it.

Anyone who's able to offer advice...

I would just like reassurance I'm doing things right I have big boobs and rather worried I may suffocate her lol if there is anyone willing to listen to my many worries I would love to hear from you

Hello!

I breastfed my son for a week, so I thought, until it was discovered he wasn't latching on properly at all (I didn't know any better, young first time mom!) and was just essentially licking the milk off of me, leading him to not nearly get enough. He had to be hospitalized.

Since then I've been expressing, but only making 1/2 of what he needs (I get two ounce each pumping, he eats four oz) and rarely try to BF because I find it frustrating and upsetting, both for him and I. I have very flat nipples so he has a horrid time latching on and tends to latch onto his bottom lip instead.

I've decided that if I want him to BF..then well, I need to start working on it. He does get some with a nipple shield but I hate using it.

Anyone who's able to offer advice...

Why do you hate the sheilds? Can you tolerate them enough to use them while you work to build up your supply and get his latch better without them?

Have you read this?

https://www.breastfeedingbasics.com/html/flat_inverted.shtml

Evening all.. Well after posting the last time while waiting for our wee man to arrive he is now here 'Cosmo Kai' and will be one week old in half an hour.

BF going ok, I think.. after me worrying so much. He was born 4kg 320 and was 4kg 100 5 days later.. thats ok isn't it??

Yesterday he had really bed gas but i had eaten brocolli and had a milky coffee.. one maybe the trigger??

My pump arrived from the uk and i am trying to empty a breast after he has finished feeding but man it's slow!!! I haven't got past speed1 yet as it feels like my nipples are being electrocuted!! After half hour today i had 2 ounces but i have no idea how much he is taking...

ANY help very much appreciated, really want this to work this time and I didn't mention but I have to go back to work on Tuesday!!!!

Thanks xxx

I would just like reassurance I'm doing things right I have big boobs and rather worried I may suffocate her lol if there is anyone willing to listen to my many worries I would love to hear from you

What are your worries, hon? Plenty of women with big bbs manage to bf fine, so I am sure you can manage.

If you would rather talk via PM, just PM me. :D

so weird...
What would cause this?

What meds do you have?

Is Molly showing any signs of teething? It could be that (thought she is a bit young, young teething isn't unheard of). Or thrush? Have either of you been on antibiotics recently?

she does seem like she might be teething, her little mouth has been bothering her and lots of drooling, and she has been biting my nipples a lot...maybe that's what it is....
and it was like a mucous relief thing, and nope to antibiotics

Thanks tiger How often should she be feeding and for how long she is 3 days

Hello all...

I like the idea of having someone that is dedicated to you that can help you with breastfeeding.

My situation is i would like some help breast feeding. My little man is just over 3 months. I breastfed him for 6 weeks when he was born, but didnt have the confidence to go out my house and breastfeed him, so i started to give him formula. I now want to go back to breastfeding, how do i go about doing this? and will it be hard?...
Any help will be appreciated....

TIA xx

Thanks tiger How often should she be feeding and for how long she is 3 days

It's hard to say. It depends on her mostly. And whether or not your milk is in yet. Is your milk in? If it is, she might feed a little less often and for longer. If it is still colostrum, she might feed more often and shorter periods.

If your milk is in, go by her nappies. If she has at least 5-6 wet/dirty nappies per day, and is alert when she is awake, her eyes are bright and "wet" looking, then she is getting enough. Hope that makes sense!

I'm 19 weeks pregnant with my second child at the moment, I really want to breastfeed, but I'm being told by my mum and sister that I won't be able to because both of them had their milk 'turn to water' within a few weeks??

I've read all the info I can find, but haven't found anything about milk turning to water?!!

My first son was born 16 years ago 3 weeks early and taken into NICU for 2 weeks, I was never given the opportunity to BF him as the hospital put him straight onto formula and this time round the MW has told me I'll need to contact the local breastfeeding group for information.... which apparently isn't running at the moment so I'm a little lost and would really appreciate some advice if anyone can help?

:huh: I've never heard of milk "turning to water"?? I would be very skeptical of that. Did they actually have something officially diagnosed? The ony possibility I can think of would be that they have a horomonal problem. But that would be something that would have to be diagnosed by an endocrinologist after have their milk tested and bloodwork done.

It is much more likely they just were misinformed and didn't know what was happening. They probably had problems with BFing (normal problems) and got bad advice from a doc or mw.

The same thing actually happened to my sister. With her first, she had normal pain from BFing but it was really hard on her. 3 weeks into it her DD hit a growth spurt (normal time) and started feeding loads. A doctor told her she wasn't making enough milk, was starving her baby, and told her to go to FF. :grr: Knowing what I know now, the doctor was completely WRONG! But I have never told my sister that because it would break her heart to know that she got bad medical advice and stopped BFing as a result.

With my sis' second DD, she BFed until 6 weeks -- then went on the pill as BC. She swears that the pill dried her up overnight, but I think that is highly unlikely. Again, I think she went through normal changes (your supply regulates then) and got bad medical advice. Again, I would never argue with her over it because it is in the past and I don't want her to feel guilty for her decisions.

So, bad medical advice when it comes to BFing is very common. :( I suspect your mom had "normal" problems, asked someone about them, and got bad advice. Then, when your sister encourted the same situation, your mom said, "Well, my milk turned to water and I bet that is what yours did, too" and that was that. :shrug:

I wonder if they hit the 3 week growth spurt. It is normal for babies to feed like crazy during that time and still never seem satisfied. It lasts for a few days (usually 3-5). Most moms freak out they are having supply problems and are very confused by it the first time. It would be very easy for someone to say, "Well, your milk is not enough for them anymore" and a mom to give up thinking they weren't making enough or proper milk. Which is totally wrong.

There is NO REASON to believe you won't be able to BFed your baby. You just need to know what you are in for. Lurk around the BFing section and read about the experiences of new moms and how they go about solving them.

If you have any other specific questions, feel free to ask! But I feel pretty confident that your milk will be just fine and you could BFed your new baby. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->