Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

another question - LO has been a bit rubbish with feeding full stop today and part of me wonders if it's because my milk is slowing down

anyway, is there a point where you can't increase the amount of milk you have? LO was 10weeks on Saturday

another question - LO has been a bit rubbish with feeding full stop today and part of me wonders if it's because my milk is slowing down

anyway, is there a point where you can't increase the amount of milk you have? LO was 10weeks on Saturday

It sounds like your LO is having a growth spurt. When that happens, it can seem like you don't have enough milk, but LO is actually increasing your supply. I found it was a fair few months before my supply levelled out.

So if I increase my pumping after feeds it will increase supply?

just after some advice from bfing mummy's- alex has started feeding for only 10mins off me every 3 hours or so and refuses 2nd boob. Last night he was still clearly hungry but wouldn't latch, like he was in pain so we gave him some calpol and a bottle of ebm and he took 7oz!! am i right in thinking maybe teething?? or am i missing something? any suggestions? i'd like to get back to settled feeds off me xx

gertrude, yup pump after feeds and your body will be tricked into producing more! xx

Could be teeth? Or a growth spurt, maybe he is trying to up your supply? Try to have lots of skin to skin for a couple of days and see if that helps. Babies will usually take bottles with less fuss as it is much easier to get milk from a bottle.

The other thing it could be is a slow let down? Maybe lo is getting frustrated waiting for the milk to come? If it is this, try expressing a small amount just to get the milk flowing before getting lo to latch on.

thanks, if anything i'd say i have a fast let down, he often pulls off and milk goes everywhere, weird how he won't even latch to 2nd boob yet is still clearly hungry. he does hold onto gas badly too so that could be adding to problem but we've always overcome that in the past :shrug:

The fast let down could be causing the wind? Maybe try expressing until the milk slows down a bit?

If he is clearly sTill hungry, then he is probably uncomfortable. Just keep winding!

Is it one particular side or both?

its both :S. Think you might be right, just wind. have got some gripe water today to try as well. Got him weighed and he's still gaining fine so guess i shouldn't be to worried, just frustrating that he never finishes a feed with that satisfyed milk drunkness anymore and comes off crying!

I know what you mean! It is nice having lazy cuddles when they are milk drunk!

Haven't got any other tips for wind, but hopefully one of the other ladies can help x

for us, to get any stubborn wind up (which brings a little bit of milk up too) is to get ready to go out - she burps and pukes on my top!

I have to say it is pretty rubbish but tbh it works every bloody time :haha:

right I'm starting with expressing 3 times a day to get back into the swing of it - my nipps are a bit small and even the smallest medela pump thingy is slightly too big and they hurt if I use it loads so we'll see if this helps with supply

I refuse to give up the BFing bit damnit *stamps feet*

how long of expressing etc before I can expect to see an increase?

Not seeing any difference and not had chance to express today as on own. Shell go to bed soon so ill get on it then. Have fed her every feed today for as long as I can before she got grumpy!

Intending to spend Saturday expressing every 2 hours, same Sunday hopefully

Well done gertrude! Sounds like it's all beginning to fall into place for you :thumbup:

well I know I'm not exclusively expressing but I'm pleased that I've got this far combi feeding :) I think she probably only gets about 10-20% of her food from me but it's better than nothing and I'm refusing to give that up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->