Getting a bit fed up with pop ups

Still happening. Any further update Wobbles?

while obviously annoying it's good to know it's not my computer's fault.

I actually found that if I don't close the first pop up that appears and just leave it in the new tab, then no new ones open while using the page, so now I just ignore it...saves me closing hundreds of them

To be honest this forum is driving me crazy since it's been taken over. I'm barely on here now and since the pop ups have come on I'm really not bothering at all. I only came on to see if it was fixed yet as it's been happening for over a week to me.
I know this isn't Wobbles and co fault but its such a shame to see a wonderful forum get messed up so much. To who ever is running this site now (technically I mean) poor show.

Ditto what your saying Gill, the whole site is stupidly slow to load as well and times out quite a bit now

Its a shame as it seems to have taken a step back

Hear Hear. The pop ups MUST be being written into the code work of the site. Initially it was just UserCP but now it's every.single.thread.

I'm glad it's not intentional because I honestly would have left by now if it was. Since switching servers/styles this site has become remarkably slow and now this.

I know it's a free site and we don't pay anything for it but I have been on for 3 years and never experienced this - I just don't understand what's happening lately. :(

Scratch that - it's not clicking the links that's doing it is is CLICKING anywhere on a page.

Presumably some sort of Javascript right click rule etc?

i dont get the pop ups but the pages take aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages to load

Just raising a hand on 'frustrated with popups' - I ignored it as a glitch the other week, now a bit beyond that :/

thank god i didnt have to start a new thread...15 pop ups this morning alone..x

Had pop ups a lot over the last few days and this morning its worse than ever, everytime i click to open a thread i get pop-ups.

loads off pop ups today its getting worse its so annoying and also b&B is taking ages to load now.

I'm having this same problem....it started yesterday for me and hasn't got any better. Hopefully it'll get sorted soon ;)

Same problem here, thankfully firefox is now blocking them not but ive still got a bright yellow box at the top of the page.

PinkEmily what bright yellow box?

Sorry for the delay but this problem should have been resolved as from yesterday eveing (UK time) and you should no-longer be experiencing any pop up ads in new tabs/windows.

It's now fixed for me :D Noticed last night there were no more pop ups :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->