Getting Baby to Sleep Alone

Sweetpea7830

Reaction score
We are having an issue with our little one...he has finally started to sleep 3 or so hours at a time but he only will sleep like that if one of us is holding him. If we put him in the bassinet, he will sleep 45 mins-1 hour but wakes up screaming at the top of his lungs and won't calm down until one of us holds him for 30 minutes or more. We are trying our hardest to get him to sleep independently of us, but all the tricks we've read online (swaddling, soothers, pacis, etc) aren't helping. He does have reflux, and that seems to really bother him as he tries to go to sleep (growling, clearing throat, etc). We have tried inclining his bed and using a wedge.

Any tips??? Anyone else going through this?

I'm not sure I have any advice to give you but :hugs: Has he been like this ever since being back from hospital?

Our LO was prem and in an incubator and we were told by the nurses in SCBU that prem babies like to feel their boundaries ie they like it if you put your hand on their head as it makes them more secure. Poppy was in her moses basket till she was nearly 7 months because she always liked to put her arms out and feel the side of the basket.

I wonder if maybe you could put something of yours in her bassinet so she has the smell of you in there a nightie or top or even a breastpad?

zane hated his moses basket we tried everything. So i started co sleeping and he wud sleep all night and he started wanting to sleep by himself but in my bed now hes in his cot every night by himself and hes been doing this for over a month now.

That Just Sounds Like Aaron. He Had Reflux Too.

Hes A Year Now The Reflux Is Mostly Away But He Still Has To Be Up On My Knee Before He Goes To Sleep. Then I Put Him In His Cot

I Tried Letting Him Cry In His Cot But I Couldnt Listein To Him Cry So I Always Lifted Him Out Lol. I Couldnt Listen To Him Cry.

I'm not sure I have any advice to give you but :hugs: Has he been like this ever since being back from hospital?

Our LO was prem and in an incubator and we were told by the nurses in SCBU that prem babies like to feel their boundaries ie they like it if you put your hand on their head as it makes them more secure. Poppy was in her moses basket till she was nearly 7 months because she always liked to put her arms out and feel the side of the basket.

I wonder if maybe you could put something of yours in her bassinet so she has the smell of you in there a nightie or top or even a breastpad?

Thank you! Yes, from the day he got home from the hospital it was like he was making up for all the time he didn't get held while he was in there! He was in an incub too...and I do remember they had rolled blankets around him as boundaries. Maybe I will try that tonight and see if it helps at his feet and head. The wedge we are using has a positioner in it that is close on his two sides. Thanks!!

zane hated his moses basket we tried everything. So i started co sleeping and he wud sleep all night and he started wanting to sleep by himself but in my bed now hes in his cot every night by himself and hes been doing this for over a month now.

Thanks! We bought a wedge that is a co-sleeper one so it has boundaries in it for him and so we won't roll over on him in the night...and he does like the co-sleeping better but he still won't actually stay asleep longer than an hour. I think if he just woke up quietly we could get him back to sleep but he wakes up screaming and is at meltdown stage before we can even react... :(

That Just Sounds Like Aaron. He Had Reflux Too.

Hes A Year Now The Reflux Is Mostly Away But He Still Has To Be Up On My Knee Before He Goes To Sleep. Then I Put Him In His Cot

I Tried Letting Him Cry In His Cot But I Couldnt Listein To Him Cry So I Always Lifted Him Out Lol. I Couldnt Listen To Him Cry.

It is so good to hear we are not the only ones!! The doctor said something about letting him cry but I just haven't been able to do that yet. He is just 5 weeks old adjusted age and so I can't quite bear to let him cry it out at that young age. He gets to a "meltdown" too where he is just shaking and you can't even hear a noise coming out of him, he is crying so hard. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->