Getting cold feet when OH says 'OK' to your TTC date?

Torsie

Getting Married 05/04/11
Reaction score
I've had my fingers crossed that we'll start TTC one year after our wedding, as we are going on a cruise for our honeymoon and will be booking a 1st anniversary cruise whislt onboard (get a big discount that way! :thumbup:)

I have said in passing to OH a couple of times that it should be a baby cruise, and he's done the whole, man-listening "yeah" thing.

But today he told someone that's definitely going to be the baby making holiday. It kinda made me a bit nervous! I know it's 2 years away, but it's such a huge decision!!

I know after the wedding I'm going to be like a woman possessed though waiting for TTC day! :laugh2:

2 years is a long time and I'm sure by the time TTC comes around you will be more than ready. Just wait for the wired feeling the first time you have baby making sex...knowing that you could have just made a life!!

I was/still am in a similar situation. I got married 7 months ago and have wanted to TTC since our wedding night, but DH wasn't on board. Just the other day he mentioned to his mom that we were going to TTC this summer and he even mentioned to me about getting an ovulation testing kit. Now I'm shaking in my boots at the thought of having a baby.
It is a huge decision but I'm sure you'll be ready for it when the time comes.

I've been like you we wanted to wait a whole year after we got married to try, but then it has been put back due to my uni work :(

I have always wanted to go on a cruise! Sounds amazing! In 2 years I am sure you both will be ready :)

In some weird way, i love this feeling. My OH is always like 'yeah' 'hmm' then all of a sudden he started talking about baby related things. i think my jaw must of hit the floor. Now i know when i get this feeling, its because he's actually coming round to the idea.

:flower:

I was the same. I've wanted to ttc for over a year now (or rather I wanted to set a date as I couldn't make a pregnancy work with my job just yet). But when DH finally came around (very suddenly) last autumn, it took me a few weeks to adjust. I guess them agreeing just makes it real, means it's actually going to happen. That initial feeling of shock didn't last long though and now I'm just happy that we're both on the same page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->