Getting Excited to start TTC!

venusrockstar

~Aspiring Photographer~
Reaction score
In the next few months we are going to start trying for baby #2. We haven't decided on which month we're going to start because I'd still like to lose 10-15 pounds before we try. I'm having a horrible time with my weight loss though and think it could be a medical issue. I'm going to the DR's this afternoon to have her look into every single medical possibility that could be hindering my weight loss. I've struggled with my weight my entire life. I dropped 113 pounds in the past, but put about 30 of that back on.

I've worked with a personal trainer and he also told me that I have to work 10x harder than his normal clients to lose weight which is what got me thinking it could be a medical issue. I go to the gym 4-5 days a week, faithfully, doing about 40 min of weight training and 30 minutes of cardio. I take my daughter for 40 min walks every day on top of this too. I eat well and only allow myself to eat one cheat meal (junk) a week.

Do you ladies have any tips that can help for weight loss? I drink 2-3 litres of water a day and eat lots of green veggies already...so anything at all you can think of may help me TTC faster!!!

:hugs:

have you been tested for an underactive thyroid? it really slows you matabalisum down so that its really hard to loose wait but oh so eaasy to put it on. if this is the case they will give you medication to sort it out :)xx good luck

Sounds like it must be something medical to me.. everything you're doing is tip top!

The only other thing I can think of is have you been counting calories? I'm assuming you have (or are aware of calorie needs at least) considering your amazing weight loss before (113 pounds lost! :thumbup: !!), but if you're not, maybe you're under eating for the amount of activity you're getting? Could put your body into a bit of a starvation mode where it holds onto the weight? You might consider a BodyBugg type of device to find out how much you're burning every day and to make sure your deficit is healthy?

Anywho.. sorry I couldn't be of more help.. but good luck! And seriously, even with the 30 pounds you've put back.. 83 pounds is so inspiring! Congrats!

Thanks ladies. Went to the DR today and she's sending me off for bloodwork tomorrow morning to check my thyroid, hormones, insulin, diabetes etc....

I'm eating between 1600-1800 calories a day since I'm breastfeeding too. I just want to lose a bit more so I can have another baby! *LOL*

I think 1800 was the bare minimum that a breastfeeding woman should be consuming, and most places recommend higher than that (it's the equivalent to the 1200 minimum for normal, healthy women).

This article says a minimum of 2000-2700 calories (depending on your stats and activity) - and since you're as active as you are I'd reckon you're at the higher end.

The medical checks are obviously still a good first step, but just keep in mind that sometimes under-eating can be as counterproductive to weight loss as over-eating! :dohh:

I think 1800 was the bare minimum that a breastfeeding woman should be consuming, and most places recommend higher than that (it's the equivalent to the 1200 minimum for normal, healthy women).

This article says a minimum of 2000-2700 calories (depending on your stats and activity) - and since you're as active as you are I'd reckon you're at the higher end.

The medical checks are obviously still a good first step, but just keep in mind that sometimes under-eating can be as counterproductive to weight loss as over-eating! :dohh:

That's a great article. Thanks for posting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->