Getting Fit Before Baby

IRYM :wave: Happy to see you! Sorry about the rough PMS/AF. What a witch! I hope the soy Isos increased dosage works for you this cycle. Water weight is so frustrating, but at least you know it's just that! I wish it wasn't a thing, either.

Bronte - I hope you find more good videos!

MissDoc - good job on perfect timing. I hope this is it for you! Speaking of avocadoes..I want to pick a bunch more up myself :) Good luck with your food shopping! Nice job pre-prepping. It all sounds delicious and healthy!

AFM: Finally got over that water weight block myself which I was thinking was due to AF, but AF has not arrived as of yet (CD 34 - what a jerk...). I guess I'll have to get used to my cycle being longer than it used to be because it seems to be the case now. I've been doing really well on eating, not drinking at all, and I got decent workouts in over the weekend. I'm having fun learning new exercises (Bosu ball squats?) which is keeping me engaged with the types of exercises I really usually don't like. Anyway, feeling positive!

Swimmy: Congrats!!! She's soo cute!!

Hello everyone! :) :) Sorry I disappeared. To update everyone since the end of June, I booked my Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Mexico. July I had pre-op preparation. No one wanted to go with me to Mexico so I went by myself, left August 14, had the surgery August 15, back home by August 18. I have lost 52lbs since losing weight (386lbs down to 334lbs). I definitely feel a lot different already! :)

I am not ttc :( and not allowed to for 1 1/2 years! Hopefully I follow that and if I do then hopefully I can have my life more organized and be even more prepared and healthier!

Urs - thanks so much for the update. I've been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing. So glad to hear the surgery went well and you are already starting to see results. I wish the best for you. Are you on a liquid diet for now or how does that work?

Congrats on taking such a big step Urs! Are you doing OK with healthy eating now? Glad it all went well. x

My good intentions ito eating plan (not eating too much, kale smoothies, exercise daily) etc went right out the window. Pregnancy is a lot different from what I expected! I get very hungry and nauseated if I don't eat. So I've been eating when I need to, trying to get enough protein and not eating refined carbs too often. I have to force myself to eat veg lol... I picked up a LOT of weight in the first trimester (about 10 pounds) from being extremely hungry all the time! but it's slowed down and so far I've only picked up 13 pounds in total. I'm trying to walk as much as I can and do arm weights & kettlebells but I'm soooo tired all the time. I don't want to struggle with weight loss after pregnancy too much. My body hasn't gotten that much bigger so far except for my bump, but oh my I have a LOT of cellulite now :( I'm guessing from all the hormones. I'm just going to keep doing what I can now and focus on weight loss next year. Baby's nutrition comes first now!

Anyway, we had our gender scan today and check it out!

Attachments

• IMG_20160831_1_1.jpg
    IMG_20160831_1_1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 6
Fern - I'm sure it has to be tough to eat healthy, but it sounds like you are doing great.

What's the gender?

Ursaula - whoa, welcome back and great loss! You are so brave for going through that whole thing on your own - respect! Time is always good to get things tidied up and make everything better for when you do TTC!

Fern, 13lbs isn't too bad at all! I've heard the best thing to do is let yourself eat when you're hungry and don't push yourself too hard - basically listen to your body! Love the scan - is it a boy or a girl! I'm no expert...it definitely looks like a tiny person!

Urs, congratulations on the awesome journey you started. You've really hit the ground running with progress and I know it'll keep going for you. You'll be in a better place for TTC.

Fern, am I right in thinking that scan is from the bottom so we're looking the baby's bottom of booty, thighs, etc? If so, I think I see a little boy a'brewing!

Missdoc you are right regarding the view and the gender! Yep thigh at the top and bottom, view is right from beneath baby's bum and that's a baby penis & testes :).
We are so thrilled.

Thanks everyone!

Awe, yay, fern. It just looks like TV static to me as all my scans did for my IVF. So excited for you and excited you are having a boy. Yay!!

Urs - So good to hear from you! Congrats on the weight loss, I bet you're already noticing great things! I always find real world objects that weigh close to what I've lost or need to lose, and try to pick it up. For example, I could stand to lose 80lbs, and my dog weighs that much. I know for a fact I can't even pick him up, so imagine how hard my body is working just to carry that fat around, right? :dohh:

Once you're all healed up, if you go to an office supply store and try to lift a 10 ream case of paper -- that's about the same as the weight you've just lost. It really puts things into perspective!

Fern - A boy! Congrats! I'm glad you said something, because I would have been clueless as to what we were looking at on that scan. :haha:

AFM - I have noticed some changes in taking the Soy Isos. For one thing, I have a libido again this week! Last month I had absolutely no desire to BD whatsoever. No libido, no drive, no nothing. My poor DH. :haha:

Since taking the 120mg SIs early this cycle, my libido is increasing. Not glaringly so, but enough so that I feel like someone who might possibly want to BD. So that's a huge difference at least in one department!

I've been doing the fertility massage since CD4 and I really like the way it makes me feel. I'm usually crampy/pinchy and tender around my ovaries all day, every day. But after a massage, that goes away for several hours! I've decided I'll try it in the morning after taking my BBT, and in the evening when I climb into bed. Even if it doesn't do anything for my actual fertility, at least I won't hurt all the time!

Ursaula - So good to hear from you! I have been thinking about you and wondered how you were doing. And congrats on that amazing weight loss.

Fern - Good to hear from you as well! I have also been wondering how you are doing. Congrats on the baby boy.

I hope everyone is doing well. Pregnancy is not really like what I thought it would be. My appetite is all weird and foods I used to love, I can't stand anymore. However my nausea is decreasing now and my food versions are still there, but a bit less extreme, so I hope I can motivate myself to return to my normal healthy eating. I've not gone crazy so far, but I have been eating more carbs and less protein and veg than I'm used to. I can't tell how much weight I've gained really -- it keeps going up and down and I'm so bloated I look 16 weeks pregnant, at least (https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=964335&d=1472757280) :dohh: I am starting to walk and ride my bike more again, as my energy is coming back.

Today we had a scan at just over 10 weeks; baby seemed to be sleeping but was perfectly healthy an did wake up once to wave its little arms and legs around before going back to sleep. https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=964371&d=1472804933

Mrs. Tigger - Aww, baby bump pics! Thanks for sharing!

I'm happy to hear the food aversions are decreasing slightly, and the nausea's going and energy's coming back. I say don't worry about your weight all that much until you have some more control over what you can eat! Right now it's all up in the air. You'll get back to the healthy menus soon enough. :)

Aww, Mrs. Tigger, so cute! I would just take it easy on yourself. You worked really hard to achieve this pregnancy, you deserve a little self understanding in regards to food planning for now. Just enjoy the parts you can!

Guys, I'm so so so impatient. Only 7 dpo and going absolutely nuts. Normally I'm just expecting AF to start and I do test, but later. Currently, I'm already anxious to test (BFN of course, duh self!), and am bouncing back and forth between feeling like I have GOT to be pregnant and I'm absolutely OUT. None of this makes sense of course. It's too early for anything. I'm just astounded by what a nutcase I can become when I typically am a very rational woman. Lol. I hope next cycle I'm back to a normal 'wait and see' mode rather than frantic and obsessed.

So today is 8 DPO and I got a squinter on two Wondfos with FMU. So I tested with a FRER second morning urine and light positive... Not a squinter. Holy crap. My first ever positive pregnancy test! Tried a digi too but it was BFN.

I sort of wish I hadn't tested this early, because the chance it sticks is just so low and that makes me nervous. Like mega scared. But I am thrilled to finally learn what a positive looks like from my own experience! I cried. This pursuit of pregnancy has just been so hard! Please stick, little ball of cells! Please oh please oh please!

Thank you so much! I'm in disbelief and am mostly just feeling terrified it's not "real"... Hard to feel confident after trying for so long with never a single positive. But it is really really reassuring to know that my body CAN get pregnant, whether it sticks or not.

Oh I know I'll be in shock if I get another positive ever. I think that's natural.

There's lots of ladies that are LTTC that just randomly get a positive. Really hope it's good news.

MissDoc - OMG How exciting!

I so hope this is your sticky bean and you won't have to stress about TTC any more! Don't forget to show us those tests! :haha:

:dust:

OMG MissDoc, I am so happy for you! I was also in shock and terrified -- I'd never seen two lines on a pregnancy test in my life!

Fingers crossed that this one sticks. :hugs:

Thanks ladies. I feel like "normal" women would just be happy and assume they are pregnant and that's that. I wish I could be like that! As for test progression, Wondfo is slightly darker today (still light) and FRER is slightly lighter (not cool!). But a digi is positive and estimates me at 1-2 weeks post fertilization, which is accurate. So I'm trying to have hope in that. I just can't believe it's only 9 dpo. Symptoms are cramping, sort of a sustained crampy bruised uterus feeling. And it feels like it's being stretched like taffy. And my breasts are slightly sore. That's it. To be honest, these are symptoms I could easily get in any old TWW. Accept my uterus maybe feels more "stretchy" if that makes sense? Lol.

Anywho, I did fair yesterday with eating. Not perfect, but okay. Today I am going to make a concerted effort to do very well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->