Getting Fit Before Baby

MissDoc - all of that sounds like great news and there isn't really any normal as far as pregnancy is concerned.

Mrs Tigger - I'm actually not looking forward to being pregnant myself. I know some women love it but I could totally do without it and just want the kid. I know some of its left over from my ectopic since I'm scared to some extent but I think I never really wanted the pregnancy part. Really glad your nausea is reducing. That's great!

Mrs. Tigger - love the bump shot! Glad your aversions are tamping down a little. That is an adorable scan!

MissDoc - so exciting! I hope it sticks :hugs: did you do anymore testing yet? We could be bump buddies! sore breasts are a huge symptom for me.

AFM - Got a BFP on 8/31 and I'm really feeling good about this time! I have sore boobs, food aversions, nausea, bloating, "growing" cramps, moodiness, tired...it's like all the symptoms fell on me at once. I'll gladly deal with it for a sticky bean. First scan is Monday. How do I go in with a full bladder without bursting? Any ideas? I have to drive a half hour there. I'm just hoping I can hold it and not pee all over anything...lol! May 2017 club :)

Becca - can you drink stuff on the way to the scan? That's what I did when I had to have full bladders for scans. Then you don't have as long to wait. So excited you have one coming up. Yay!

Bronte - good call! I was wondering if a half hour would be long enough or if I should drink it all before I leave!

I don't know, but they never said anything about it not being full enough when I did it that way.

I'm not sure why some places even tell you to have a full bladder. We never tell our patients that, and you can usually see everything just fine.

Big congrats to missdoc and becca!

Oh Becca, how exciting! Congrats!! You're less than a week ahead of me. Hopefully these beans are sticky. The symptoms have hit me like a truck, especially the nausea, cramping, and super painful breasts. Trying to take it as a good sign though. Still full of utter terror that it won't stick bc I'm still only 11 dpo, but trying not to dwell in that. Lines are still getting darker. Had blood drawn today and will get the results tomorrow.

I've been eating really well these last few days. Not trying to have a deficit though, just aiming to not go over maintenance. Also trying to adhere to my activity plan (exercising tonight with a friend).

Hope all you ladies are doing well this week!

hey gals sorry I've been gone for a while. Can't believe all the BFP this group has gotten!!

Urs - so glad to hear from you again and glad to hear surgery went well :) how have you been feeling physically? 50+ weight loss is amazing!!

Bronte - I can't wait for your next IVF cycle, I hope it goes better than last time and that your doctor is there!

Becca - i didn't have a full bladder for my scans lol, I would just drink a bottle of water before going in but I never felt like my bladder was gonna burst. If they really need a better picture they can always do a vaginal ultrasound :) good luck

AFM - I developed some pretty bad baby blues. And I felt even more guilty sense I had wanted to have her so badly. My mom and nana stepped in and really helped. we all went up to my cabin for a little over a week. They helped me get outside more, start hiking again which always makes me happy. My DH came up for the holiday weekend and we all went home. I really need to work on going outside more, plus it will really help with weight loss not to just sit around at home with her watching netflix lol. my gym has a day care in it but i don't want her to go to a daycare with a lot of germs until shes a little bigger.

Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend :)

MissDoc - I'm glad your lines are getting darker! Sounds like good signs all the way around. I so hope we can stay bump buddies, how cool would that be!? How did the blood test go?

Swimmy - thank you! That's a good point. Sorry to hear about the post partum, but it sounds like you had a wonderful holiday! Good luck getting outside more - you guys should have wonderful weather about now, right?

Becca - Wow, congrats! I guess it's baby season around here! :) FXd for a sticky bean!

:dust:

Swimmy - so sorry you have been suffering from postpartum. Not fun at all. But that's great you have family around to support and help you out! The cabin sounds like it was a nice outing.

MissDoc - sounds like it's good news to me! Really hope baby sticks.

Thanks so much, ladies. The lines keep getting darker and digi now says 2-3 since conception, and initial beta from 2 days ago was 122 and they said anything over 30 would be good. Had another blood draw today to check how much it's increasing but won't get results until tomorrow end of day. They already scheduled a THIRD blood draw for Tuesday to check again. They seem a little nervous for me even though there is no indication anything is wrong. I think it's just because it's still so early. Only hitting 4 weeks tomorrow. Hope it sticks and we can be bump buddies Becca! You're 2 weeks ahead of me.

Swimmy, I'm sorry for the baby blues. It is much more common and normal than most think, your body has gone through so much hormonally. It has nothing to do with how much you want or love your little nugget. Glad to hear you're feeling on the mend!

IRYM, how is your cycle going? Feeling any different this time after the adjustment to soys?

How's everyone doing with health stuff? I don't think I've ever felt more motivated to eat healthfully. Bronte, I can see what you mean when you talk about your next IVF cycle being a major motivator that really helps you stick with your goals. When it feels like a baby is on the line, everything changes. I'm eating enough veggies and protein daily, not overeating, not eating processed stuff, only drinking water (other than 85% decaf coffee in the morning with whole milk and liquid stevia), and trying to do something active daily whether that be my beach body program/videos or walking on the treadmill at the gym. Even when nauseated, I feel motivated to be healthy. Wish I could have captured this kind of motivation before!

Congrats to the BFPs!!!!

Coming on here makes me want to try again SO SO bad! I was told to give it a year and a half though...we'll see how long I last. I HAD to update you gals though...my period started today!?!?!? All by itself!! First time in 6 years now that it started by itself and only once with progesterone starting it. Hopefully this becomes regular! Feeling in love with my body finally and like we're both on the same page.

In terms of a few of your questions I feel like a whole new person already and I still have 100lbs to lose from the sleeve alone in the next 11 months. I can't wait. However, physically, I ended up in emergency for dehydration. I'm alright now but it took me out for a good day or two.

What do you gals think? Is waiting 1.5 years something I have to do? I feel torn but I know this was definitely the right decision.

Hope all is well!

Urs- congrats on the weight loss so far! As far as waiting for pregnancy, you definitely need to follow their recommendations. It's very important that you allow your body to heal and be strong enough to handle a pregnancy. Even if you feel better, you had a big surgery and your body will be going through a lot of adjustments over the next year+. The last thing you would want to do is jeopardize yourself or your unborn baby by trying too soon. ♡

Urs - great news on the period coming on it's own and for feeling better about yourself. I agree with everything DrJo said. She summed it up perfectly; I'd really follow their recommendations after a surgery and because your body is already in recovery-mode as it is and busy using energy to lose weight. I'm sorry it'll be a long wait for you (I'm in a 6 month one myself in an effort to get my body healthier and it's not fun waiting - I agree), but it's probably for the best.

Urs - I can understand how you'd feel impatient! But like the others have said, it's best to wait. Give yourself time to readjust to your new body!

MissDoc - Aside from a slight increase in libido, I haven't noticed a whole heck of a lot in terms of changes. I might have ovulated several days earlier than normal, though, and made sure to BD with DH when I saw that low temperature on CD 13 I think it was.. OPKs are all negative though, so since FF says my usual fertile window is coming up, we'll start BDing every other day or so just to cover our bases.

What do you think of the temps on this month's chart??

AFM - Been feeling a little down and out lately. Discouraged over my lack of weight loss progress (again!), which I know would improve if I could just get on that exercise bike every single day. Managed to exercise two days last week and that was it. I really really dislike having to sit on that uncomfortable machine and just aimlessly pedaling with nothing to suitably keep my mind occupied! I've tried reading, watching TV or movies, listening to music, playing games on my phone... It doesn't work.

And we have an elliptical trainer, but because of my back problems and some old injuries, it is painful to use that too. In my lower back, I can feel my bones grinding and popping. In my bad foot/ankle/leg, the repetitive motion causes my foot to go numb and irritates the damaged cartilage. So even though I find the elliptical to be less mind-numbingly boring, I can't use it more than 10mins at a time on the lowest resistance setting.

Just about the only thing I can do regularly is walking, and with temperatures in the 90s (though thankfully getting slightly cooler as the year progresses), I have zero desire to go outside and do that either! Not to mention, I don't feel comfortable as a woman walking alone through the neighborhood. I am not a brave person. :dohh:

Bah. I know I'm just complaining. I'm sure there are people who can't even do half of what I do and would love the chance to gripe about only being able to use an elliptical trainer for 10mins. I should be grateful I didn't end up with a more severe disability than the one I have now! But yeah. Still feeling really blue this week.

Hopefully I'll get out of my funk and back on the bike soon.

IRYM - sorry you are feeling blue. I think it's the week since several others I know have had bad weeks. Me included.

My motivation is down as well. I was going to suggest walking later at night when it's cool which is what we have to do with our dog but then you said you don't like walking in the neighborhood itself. My gentle dog usually scares anyone on our walks so maybe you need a German Shepard/Labrador mix to go on walks with :)

I really like my Beachbody stuff and there's a few that are low impact but not sure they'd work for you either.

I've found when I'm in a rut I usually have to change it up. I'm trying to go back to skating myself because group workouts usually motivate me a lot more.

Good luck finding something.

I hope everyone's "off" week is behind them and we're all feeling good about a new week! I'm eating really healthy and exercising well. I'm sticking to these health habits as though this little bean's life depends on it, lol. My motivation is really high. Going from eating like crap to eating really healthy and exercising consistently has made me lose a lb. I don't think I mind mild losses in this first tri as long as they come naturally (I'm not aiming for them) and I'm getting really high quality calories. Trying to be sure I eat between 1800 and 2200 per day and get at least 70g protein, 5 servings of fruits and veggies, and lots of water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->