Getting Fit Before Baby

I hope you ladies don't mind if I join you. I have been ttc #2 for two years now. I have done 4 rounds of clomid and one round of femara. I am just so emotionally and physically exhausted so I have decided to take a medication break for the next bit. I am thinking of doing another round of clomid in December.

But first I want to lose some weight and get back to eating healthier and at least walking more.

Stats:
Height: 5'6"
Starting Weight: ~222 (will weigh in on 9/19 for official start weight.)
Goal Weight: 170
MyFitnessPal Username: krissiebean

Goals:
- I would like to be under 200 lbs before doing my next round of Clomid.
- Ultimately I would like to get to 170 lbs.
- Take my vitamins and supplements regularly!! I am so forgetful about these.

My Plan:
- My current plan is going to be low carb (defined as under 75 carbs a day.)
- I would also like to hit 7500 steps per day.

September

Weigh-ins:
9/19/16: 223.6
9/26/16: 221 (-2.6)

Things I struggled with this month: I had a hard time getting started on my diet. I really only had two good days my first week. But I still managed a 2.6 lb loss, so I guess while it wasn't up to my standards it was still a good loss.

Things I did well this month: I did actually start eating better and taking my supplements more regularly. And I am working on moving a bit more so that is helping me feel better.

October
10/3/16: 221.4 :)witch: is here)
10/10/16:
10/17/16:
10/24/16:
10/31/16:

Things I struggled with this month:

Things I did well this month:

Hey Krissie - welcome to the group and good luck on focusing on you and taking a medication break. This process can get so overwhelming and draining at times. I think breaks are helpful and needed!

Sounds like you have a good plan and goals to get your fitness on track!

Thanks Bronte. I am definitely feeling this is the right thing for us right now. Ttc can be so draining and frustrating. I can see by your signature you have struggled as well. :hugs: I hope January brings you your bfp.

Welcome Krissie! :)

Thanks gals for your input on waiting to ttc. I KNOW deep down inside it is for the best. Doesn't mean I have to like it though! :p

Thinking of you all!

hello ladies
i miss you all... its been a while but am following all of your journey

congratulations to all the bfp's and i wish you all a happy pregnancy.

URS congrats on loosing weight...it is a good feeling am sure and your body will feel alot better.

Welcom Kriss am sure you will love this group everyone here is lovely

AFM have been havin alot on my plate and i get so tired at the end of the day. Somedays i try to walk but havent done that so much. i once tried exercising with someladies on youtube but it was just that once. We have a wedding (brother in law) in coming two weeks and there is so much to do. Maybe after it i can pull myself together.
As for my baby i started feeling it moving since week 16 and now and then i feel big kicks..am glad because i know something is there and as we all are cant stop worrying. I will go for my 20 weeks scan on 9/16 but i dont wanna find gender of the baby am team yellow though its tempting:dohh:

Yay, MissDoc, being bump buddies will be awesome! Hopefully both our little beans stick :) So far, so good! I also have lost a pound so far this first tri! You're doing such a great job being healthy! What kind of things are you eating for protein?

I'm not feeling motivated. I'm so tired and have major food aversions right now, it's making it hard for me to do my cool substitutions. I've had a bit of junk food but I'm trying not to overdo it. I'm also going easy on the exercise since I get this really tight uncomfortable feeling even walking far. I'll wait until 2nd tri and then add back in at least light workouts. I would prefer to continue lifting weights as well, but again, I'm afraid of overdoing it. I was working out during both previous losses, and actually at the very start of this pg until i found out, but now I'd rather just be super careful. I've cut out all caffiene as coffee repulses me now. Lemon ginger tea is good. I don't mind the lack of energy, I am happy to have the symptoms. I feel like I keep saying that, but it's so true.

Urs - amazing progress! I think it's important you wait and get your body strong before trying for that LO :)

IRYM - I agree about exercise bikes. Unless it's the one that has the screen to make it look like you're actually going somewhere, it's pretty boring :( The only luck I had was to compete against myself to see if I could beat my own time going a certain distance. Sometimes the only way was to break it into five minute increments, then say, wow, ok, I got five minutes and now I only have such and such time left. Then I would do it again for the next five. And over and over, until eventually I only had five minutes left and felt so accomplished for not giving up despite the boredom. Can you do any other types of workouts, like exercise ball, resistance, body weight, swimming? I couldn't believe how winded some of those body weight workouts got me, squat-type ones in particular, but also "supermans!" I hope you're able to get out of your funk :hugs: I totally relate.

Welcome, Krissie! Sounds like your goals are very reasonable!

Miracle, congrats to you as well and I'm glad you can feel kicks! That's so exciting! Can't wait to hear about your scan, even if you stay team yellow :)

Becca, I don't have any food aversions yet... but you're almost 3 weeks ahead of me, so I'm not counting myself lucky yet. It could all still be in my future. I also love the symptoms I do have because I feel like I earned every one of these symptoms darnit, lol, and I need every reassurance I can get. I've been doing lean meats, boiled eggs, greek yogurt, cheese, whole milk, peanut butter, and high protein "good seed" bread with avocado. I'm still exercising, but watching heart rate and stopping if it gets high. :)

Miracle, how exciting that you've felt baby move. That must be such a trip! Congrats!

Urs, you're really doing great and prioritizing all of the right things right now... keep it up!

Krissie, welcome! You've joined a really great group here. :) We'll help you achieve your goals.

Bronte, how are you feeling this week? Is the funk letting up yet?

I'm sorry so many of us are feeling down:( things got worse for me this week and I ended up seaking my doctors help with the post partum. I know medication takes weeks to work sometimes but I feel relief that my doctor knows and I seeing her counsel services too. I also developed a breast infection had a fever of 102 for multiple days and my DH was out of town for work. Yikes! I could have kissed the nurses at my lactation class they put me in one of the empty hospital rooms let me sleep for a few hours. My mom is coming back next week to watch her while I have an all day class. Sorry another venting message but you gals have just been such a rock for me. Thank you :)

On a positive note I'm down another pound yay!!!! But I'll probably gain 5 with my mom here hahahaha

Urs - I'm sure it's really hard to wait but it will be worth it to be health :) hang in there Hun

Krissie- this group is amazing! Good luck!

Goal of the week for me go out and hike at least once.

swimmy, sorry to hear you're still struggling. i'm glad you went to your provider, it must have been a relief to share it and despite the fact that it takes a little time, just knowing you're doing something to treat it is a huge step. also sorry about the infection, that sounds terrible! hope you're feeling better or feeling better soon.

Thanks Krissie! Yes it's been a bit of a struggle for me, but to be honest it's gotten easier with time. Though, I'm still recovering from the failed IVF cycle and trying to keep some positivity for the next one in January. But it is hard to stay positive sometimes throughout this process sometimes.

Becca - sorry you aren't feeling motivated and having food aversions. That stinks. Just try the best you can and that's all you can do.

MissDoc - I'm doing better emotionally this week, but definitely still not getting in as many workouts as I'd like. Probably because I'll be having dinner out 2 times this week which not only makes it harder to eat healthy but workout. I'll get it figured out eventually. I've been stalled on weight loss and would really like to see the scale moving the correct direction.

I bet the symptoms are helpful to make you feel pregnant as well, so it's strangely comforting. So I guess you get your food aversions MissDoc :)

Swimmy - good for you for seeking help and getting it worked out. Sorry you are having trouble still, but that's wonderful you have a great support system that can come in and help. There's no shame in admitting you need help. If I do end up pregnant, postpartum is something I'm worried about as well, since I already have depression and anxiety and have been on meds and counseling on and off since I was 15. It runs in my family and is triggered somewhat my hormones. Plus, they had to switch my meds while TTC and then take me off if I conceive so I'll already be a bit of a mess.

Anyway, I know it has to be a huge transition and add into that hormonal changes and postpartum and I imagine it's a lot to deal with. So seeking help with getting medications and counseling was definitely the right move and can only help. Good luck!

I've definetly stalled on my weight loss and need to figure out what's causing it to overcome it. But I haven't figured it out. I gave up dairy and gluten and wondering if the carb deficit isn't helping so I'm going to try to find more non-gluten carbs this week. Plus I'm really going to try to track my food intake well to figure it out.

However I've noticed I always have a decent weight loss on the week of my period and then less or none all other times. Anyone knows what causes that? I thought most people gained on their period?

Anyway, really hoping I get over this plateau.

Bronte- I find sometimes to few carbs will cause a stall. So definitely try adding some back into your diet.

As for my period I do gain. So I'm afraid I'm not much help. I do lose it all when af leaves at least.

Afm, just got back home from vacation. I will weigh in tomorrow and get started with my diet again. I'm so nervous but excited to working on getting healthy. I feel terrible!

Thanks Krissie - I added in some carbs such as sweet potatoes and higher carb fruits and veggies but it might not be enough. Going to try to figure it out. I'm not great at this stuff but I want to see results.

Hope you had a nice vacation. That's always the worst time to try to keep up a diet and exercise plan. Good luck getting back into it!

Hi Ladies :flower:

Just checking in. I've been mostly away from the boards and haven't really kept up with anything.

krissie328 - Welcome! I think you'll find that this group is full of just some lovely, lovely ladies!

BronteForever - Weight loss is so frustrating. Sometimes I swear I feel like there's zero connection between input and results. Hang in there!

beccabonny and MissDoc - Huge, huge congratulations to both of you!!! I'm so happy for you both! H&H 9 Months!

miracleworker - Hang in there, it's tough! I'm sure it must be exciting to feel the baby move. :cloud9:

Ursaula - Congrats on the weight loss! I agree with the others, that waiting is important. It would be terrible to not wait and something went wrong instead. Hang in there! :hugs:

AFM - I'm 12w5d today and we had the nuchal test. Everything is just completely normal and our risk of Downs is 1:10,082, which is very very low risk.

It freaks me out how human the baby looks now; we could see lips, nose, and even fingers!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=966881&d=1474281909

First tri symptoms have mostly gone for me; I'm trying to be more active now. Unfortunately I am now dealing with dizziness (which apparently is not uncommon in 2nd tri) so I am trying to be careful.

Now that we're out of the high-risk range, we announced at work and Facebook and everyone's just thrilled. :cloud9:

Congrats Mrs. Tigger! It's love that your bub is doing so well and you're feeling better.

Afm, did my weigh in today. I've got my motivation to work hard so just gotta stick to it.

Mrs. Tigger - love the scan photos. So cute! It is amazing how much of a little human they are even so early.

Krissie - good luck. You can do it. Sticking to a plan is hard for me. Just gotta take it one day at a time.

Yea, I am already struggling with the, " I can cheat today and start tomorrow." attitude. But I am trying to stay on track and stay motivated.

Hi gals! I haven't been very motivated this week either.

Mrs. T: I'm so happy for you! I know once I am pregnant I will be worrying all through first trimester. It must be such a relief moving into second trimester and everything being normal. Love the scan.

Thinking of everyone.

Quick update: I'm not the best at keeping updated right now.

My mood is having a hard spell where I'm constantly freaking out or needing to go somewhere to feel safe. I have an upcoming appointment with my psychiatrist though to discuss this.

I have officially lost 66lbs. I now weigh in at 320lbs. Hoping to be down 100lbs by November.

How was everyone's weekend? I had a good weekend. I did a lot of yard work in prepping for fall/winter. I have more planned for this week while the weather is still nice. I struggled with my diet over the weekend but I still managed a 2.6 lb loss for the week. So while my diet isn't perfect it is definitely better and heading in the right direction.

Bronte - I gain weight during my period so I'm not much help there either sorry you hit a stall on weight loss, those always bum me out. But it's better than the alternative of gaining (or so I tell myself lol)

Kris - I hear ya on the cheat day! But I unfortunately caved. I went to a baseball game for my DHs birthday ate crap there, then we went back to my moms for pizza and cake. I went carb crazy �� Im sure the scale will reflect that lol

Urs - hopefully your docs can help I'm sorry your feeling that way :( it's scary how your mind can really turn on you. Hang in there we are always here to listen.

Tiger - yay! Congrats on making it to the second Tri and telling everyone:) glad those symptoms cleared up a bit. Dizzyness got me also

Afm - feeling a lot better, thanks for being so supportive. My scale kept giving me an error message this morning so I couldn't weigh in. Probably not a bad thing with all the junk this weekend lol.

Irym - hope your doing good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->