Getting Fit Before Baby

Krissie - great job on the weight loss. I think a 1-3 lb loss each week is about ideal, since it's supposed to be easier to keep off long term.

I didn't lose any, but lost some right before my period like normal at the beginning of the week. I had a few "treats" this week because it was "fair week," so going to try to be strict this upcoming week.

Swimmy - I think you are right, I'd much rather stay the same then gain weight for sure! Glad you are feeling better. That's great news!

I'm up 5lbs ugh totally not blaming but my DH keeps buying total junk food and I'm the worse snacker ever! Seriously in afew days I think I've eaten a whole thing of Oreos. The weather has been raining/cold so I haven't taken lizzy for a walk really. I need good ideas for in house work outs.
Also to help prevent bad snacking today I've left carrots out on the counter.

Swimmy- youtube has some good workout things.

I have also been horrible at eating lately. This week I have had bad pms and work stress. Af arri ved today so hoping now I can focus on getting back on track.

I have been so terrible at eating. The first 4.5-5 weeks I did great with eating and exercising, but after 5 weeks the nausea starting getting unbearable. I only vomit occasionally, so I still eat enough, but I'm overeating crappy things because that's what sounds good. I know I've gained a few lbs so far in this first tri, even though there's no reason to gain this early. I need to get it under control but it's so hard when you feel absolutely terrible and only bad things sound good. :p I haven't exercised much either because I just feel so sick. I need to at least start walking. I can say that I've been great about water though. Getting plenty of that every day.

Hey guys. Sorry I've been MIA!

I've fallen victim to a series of colds and other ailments and I've been laying low a while. My brain has been so frazzled I completely fell out of any semblance of a routine. Yikes.

First there was a head cold, the symptoms of which triggered a TMJ flare-up... The flare-up caused the entire left side of my face to hurt like MAD, including all the teeth on the left side of my mouth. I can ask for cortizone injections to my FACE but I said no thank you and I've been toughing it out with the occasional Motrin tablet.

Then this morning I wake up with what feels like bronchitis! I can't catch a break, but apparently I can catch every illness out there! :haha:

Today's 16dpo. Usually AF shows up first thing in the morning, but so far there's been nothing. No steep temp drop either, only a tiny one. I kinda-sorta have my hopes up, but I'm trying not to get too excited.

Hope you gals are all plugging on ahead. I know I need to get back to my routine 'cause the scale is STILL creeping up no matter what I eat or don't eat.

Anyway, I'm just checking in. Skimmed some of the earlier posts. Good to see your little bean's doing well, MissDoc! I'll try to do some more in-depth reading later this week.

And now 17dpo, no AF and BFN this morning. I could possibly be 15dpo today, with those two wonky discarded temps on my chart, but the +OPK and EWCM I had earlier make me think otherwise.

Going nuts today trying to keep busy while I wait and see if AF shows up. So far, no sign.

Anyway!

How's everyone else doing?

IRYM - keeping my fingers crossed for you that this is good news. Holy cow you have been through alot of illnesses later. So glad you are finally feeling better. Hope you continue to improve.

Just plugging along and super sore today after I went back to skating. Hopefully I get some good weight loss this month. I've definitely been stalled.

bronte, hope your week is going well!

swimmy, it's so much harder when it's in the house! i'm lucky bc OH will eat ALL of it if I can just wait until he's around. He's worse than me. I have totally eaten a thing of oreos before, more than once, and honestly I don't think I regret it. Carrots are always good, good idea to help keep your snacking in the right place!

missdoc, i'm right there with you! At this point the nutrition is not as important as it will be (they say) so I'm just focusing on eating stuff that I want. For me that's like...bagels and cream cheese, milk, and anything with tomato sauce. I've somehow lost two lbs during the first tri. First pregnancy I gained 14 in 9 weeks (with twins), so it's always different. The water is good! I also feel a bit better when I'm more active, so walking seems like a good idea. I've been taking it easy and will until 12 weeks, then I plan to start working out again, at least lightly. This whole 15 lb weight restriction is kind of rediculous.

IRYM - glad to see you again! Hope you're feeling better. TMJ is an awful thing. :( :hugs: Waiting to see what's going on with AF or no AF for you! Fingers crossed!

Bronte - Thanks! I'm gradually starting to feel like myself, and picking back up on neglected housework. I even did some detail work in the kitchen, like pulling all the knobs off the stove to scrub them. That never happens, so you can tell I'm feeling much better. lol!

Becca - Still no AF! No spotting, no cramps. Nothing but sore BBs.

I tested again this morning and BFN!

Do you gals think I could have O'd later than what FF suggests? Even if I O'd a couple days later, I'd be at 16DPO now and AF should have arrived already!

So I'm either 18dpo or 16dpo, no sign of AF, and BFNs. This is maddening!

EDIT: I do have this super super super faintly pink-tinged CM that I can't even see when I wipe. The only reason I noticed it is because I started putting a pad on every morning, since I'm expecting AF any time now. By the end of the day it has a SUPER faint brownish-pinkish tinge to it and that's it. I've never seen this before so I'm not sure what to expect.

I've had my Os be off by a week from FF, so it's possible! And very annoying :( Glad to hear that you're feeling a bit better!

I've had my Os be off by a week from FF, so it's possible! And very annoying :( Glad to hear that you're feeling a bit better!

Looking at my chart, though, I don't think my predicted O date is wrong. I have EWCM, a +OPK and a temp dip followed by a sustained rise all between CD20 - CD24.

I continued to do OPKs for several days after my first +OPK (just to be sure!) and was getting negatives even up to 5 days after, so I'm pretty sure it isn't late ovulation. The sustained temp rise only happens when ovulation has occurred, and since my chart shows a sustained rise, I know I O'd at some point within that time frame.

ALSO

Normally whenever my temp drops below 98.0° regardless of what my cover line is, AF arrives that day. Here's day two of temps below 98.0 and there's no sign of :witch:!

I've been trying to find stuff to do to keep myself busy, but it's not working. I still obsess. And I tell myself that the Wondfo HPT has got to be wrong! lol

So strange!! My OPKs were never positive until actual ovulation, so if I ovulated late, I got the +OPK late. Can't get much more accurate than your tracking, IRYM!

IRYM - I'm not really good at interpreting charts and yours are so long so I'm not sure what's supposed to be normal or not. Just really hope you get good news!

IRYM - I'm not really good at interpreting charts and yours are so long so I'm not sure what's supposed to be normal or not. Just really hope you get good news!

Believe it or not, this is a relatively short cycle. :dohh: lol

IRYM- your chart looks really good. Not sure why your temp fell like that without af though. What is your normal LP? I would definitely test, but I have issues with that. :blush:

IRYM- your chart looks really good. Not sure why your temp fell like that without af though. What is your normal LP? I would definitely test, but I have issues with that. :blush:

My LPs are 15 days. I have already tested 3 times and BFN. Not even squinters or evaps, just stark white negatives.

BUT just a few minutes ago I started spotting. Pretty sure it's officially AF. Booo!

I will be doing Soy Isoflavones again, but this time increasing the dosage to 160mg this time. Last month I took 120mg and saw some promising results. Let's see what 160mg does!

It's now officially 2 years TTC with no sticky beans. Wish me luck (again)!

Nooo!! I am so sorry hun. I had a good response to the soy as well. I think I jumped straight to 200 mg for two cycles. But neither resulted in a bfp. I really hope it works for you soon.

Next month is our 2 year mark of trying for #2. I am just struggling to process it all right now and kinda just trying to ignore it.

So sorry IRYM - this whole process sucks. I'm about done myself. If the next IVF cycle doesn't work, I'm pretty sure we will be done and may wait awhile to move on to looking into adoption or we might not. The decision seems to fluctuate a lot. But lately, I've just been really ready to move on.

:hugs: I am so sorry ladies.

I have been thinking a lot about what our next step might be if these next couple cycles don't work out. We might be able to do injectibles but I don't see ivf being an option. It just breaks my heart that this is so difficult and never feels like it is going to happen.

Irym- I'm sorry you had been so ill :( i hope that your feeling better and that's it for you this winter. I'm dreading my usual winter cold.

Bronte - I really hope that your next ivf works. But adoption is always a wonderful option.

Krissie - I'm sorry you guys are having such a hard time ttc #2. I get so much anxiety when my dh brings up ttc for a second baby.

Afm - still no af after having lizzy ugh. I wish I knew what my body was doing! If I haven't started by my drs appointment in dec I will bring it up to my doctor then. I'm still pumping so maybe That's why?? I just got home from a weeks trip with my mom. And now I'm dreading going back to work in 10 days 😭

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->