Getting Fit Before Baby

hey gals sorry i haven't been on for a while it has been a busy week.

IRYM - i will have to find some examples of some art that I want so i can send it to you :) I completely agree I would jump right to IVF! no way would i pay that for a less % chance!! I hope they listen to you about it.

Fern - nice to hear from you! 6lbs is amazing that fast after baby!! i was still putting on weight then hahaha. keep up the good work

Krissie - I'm glad you had a fun easter

AFM - Easter wasn't much fun this year, my family came out but my mom was very critical of how i'm handling lizzy which drove me crazy! yes she has had some low grade temps because she runs hot at night and is teething. This is nothing new. but she had to make multiple comments about how I was turning a "blind eye" to her being sick..... i was soo glad when she went home haha. More wonderful news a pipe broke in my wall behind my shower, hopefully that getting fixed today. oh and somehow 2 of my tires popped on my car lol also getting fixed today. lol I just can't win this week! As for fertility. i'm just waiting for af this time, no way I could be pregnant this cycle but i would love for a little longer LP. Just have to keep my head up above water for a little while longer. hahaha

Swimmy - Ugh! I don't like it when my mom critiques my housekeeping, I think I'd be just as upset (or moreso!) if she started critiquing my parenting! Just because someone is a new mom, it doesn't automatically mean that they're clueless or haven't talking to a nurse, etc. I feel for you!

AFM -- AF arrived today, 10 days early and VERY heavy. It looks like the doc's idea to give me more letrozole this month didn't work. We're essentially out of fertility funds now until we sell the house, so I'm going to have to call the office and tell them that we want to skip injectables and go straight to IVF in May/June. :cry:

So sorry IRYM. I hope you guys can sell your house quickly (or has it sold and you're waiting to close?)

So I inserted my nuvaring late this cycle and I swear I ovulated 3 days ago. I am getting all my classic post o signs. And I was all over Dh this weekend which kinda goes along with my idea.

IRYM - i hope you can get the house sold fast. our job market here is insane houses aren't even being put up for 24 hours before being sold. I'm sorry that the med's didn't work this time around. I hope they can get you into IVF next cycle so you don't have to wait.

Krissie - how do you like the nuvaring? i've thought about using it before but was kind of intimidated by it lol.

AFM - AF also came today sooo an 8 day LP instead of 7 ... grand lol. I think im gonna start temping again (or at least trying too, some days i don't get more than 2-3 hours sleep so idk how that will work, but hey worth a shot)

Swimmy- hopefully temping will give you a better idea of what's going on with your cycle.

I do like nuvaring. It's super easy to use. I never feel it and we leave it in during sex and dh doesn't feel it either.

Swimmy - Waiting to hear from the doctor today! And thanks, I hope it sells quick too! My realtor said homes in this neighborhood are selling in less than a week in most cases. We just need to hurry and finish our updates!

Krissie - Not that this will happen to you or anything, but my sister got pregnant on the Nuva Ring. For that reason, I never tried it. Had I known I'd come across these infertility problems, maybe I should have! :haha:

Looks like i need to buy a new thermometer lol mine apparently died and i didn't notice. I actually decided to stop breast feeding this month, I feel really bad about it but lizzy is almost 9 months old. she is a good eater and has had formula before with no problem. But i hate that my nipples bleed almost daily and feel like they have been put in a meat grinder. i have used about every boob cream out there and it keeps coming back. I'll probably cry every day of weaning ... oohh lovely lol.
After im done with the wheening process i think im going to make our fertility appointment. i keep feeling like im rushing it but i know the longer i wait the worse our chances are. My DH seems to think that we won't need to go back there for treatment that its just gonna happen on its own this time .... i think hes delusional and honestly i'm mentally preparing that #2 just won't happen... I probably shouldn't be so negative about it.

Sorry just needed to ramble tonight

already this cycle is being weird not cool.
but on a good weight loss note i am down another 2 lbs!! yay!!!! I also signed up with a personal trainer at my gym. Hoping having someone push me and hold me accountable for showing up will help, cuz i just keep putting it off.

anyone doing anything differently for weight loss lately?

Also i emailed my doctor about fertility meds and if I can just get clomid and progesterone from her or not. (I guess doesn't hurt to ask)

Hey gals, sorry for being MIA! We've been crazy busy with this house stuff!

We found a house we wanted to put an offer on, but we can't make an offer on a house until OUR house is on the market. That meant we put everything into overdrive and spent almost 7 straight days working our butts off from 8am to midnight every night. Landscaping, painting and redoing a bathroom, tore up and replaced our patio... the list goes on! I've been so exhausted that I just fall into bed at night and know nothing until 730am the next day. lol

We're nearing completion of all the upgrades and repairs, our offer on the other house has been accepted and my house has been on the market since Monday.

The number of requested showings has been crazy! I had 4 people come by yesterday (the first day of showing!) alone, with more scheduled throughout the week. In between showings, I'm scrubbing baseboards and every nook and cranny which may have collected dust over the years we've been here. DH is finishing a walkway on the side of the house every evening after work. By this point, my already problematic back is hating me! I could hardly get out of bed this morning, but there's still so much to be done.... I'm interested to see if all this work affects my weight loss at all. It's been non-stop!

Anyway the new house we've put the offer on is on 1.41 acres, and it has a stream running at the back edge of it! Absolutely gorgeous.

Swimmy - Congrats on losing the two pounds! I like the idea of a trainer. I've always wanted to try that. Someone who could help me work around my minor disability of a near useless right foot (an old injury that never healed right). I hope it works out for you!

EDIT: OH! And it's been 95°F/35°C while we're doing all this! I'm melting!

EDIT 2: ANNNDD I've been sick with bronchitis this whole time, too. I've never been more tired in my LIFE. lol

Irym- the property sounds beautiful. Fx your house sells quickly and that you can get some rest! What a crazy week.

Swimmy- any word back from the doctor? I haven't done anything new for weightless. I'm currently working on low carb. I think I'm right around 7 lbs down.

Afm, my nuvaring comes out tomorrow. I'm so uncertain about ttc. At this rate time will determine we have only one. Which I'm slowly coming around to the idea.

Iread, I empathize with you on the house! My husband just accepted a job 2.5 hours from where we live, and he starts may 23, so we have to move FAST. We found a house we liked and made an offer, but after negotiations, we learned today they're requiring our current house to be pending sale by may 20 for the contract to go thru. So, we have to scramble and we met with a realtor and our house is going on the market in the morning! We have soooooo much to do to make it show-ready, and it's extra challenging with a very active 1 year old.

Everyone keep everything crossed for me please! We really need our house to sell fast and to get this other house!!

All of these exciting house things going on!!!

Irym - your new house sounds beautiful I would really love for our next house to have 10+ acres on it. And a stream would be perfect! I'm sorry all the cleaning and having to get the house together so fast to sell is hurting you. I don't blame you for being totally beat!!!

Krissie - can't wait to see how this cycle goes after the ring comes out. Do you have a time line in mind for how long you want to try for a second before deciding to officially stop or is it kind of just see how it goes?

Drjo - good to hear from you! That will be a very fast move! Idk how you can even try and keep your house tidy with a ONE year old lol. My house is a reck and I just pick up all the toys at the end of the day haha. Hopefully it won't take long for your house to sell. I never realized how hard it is to get a mortgage on one house while selling your previous home.

Afm - I made an appointment with my doctor for June to talk about the fertility Meds. She called in a script for metformin but won't do the clomid/progesterone before talking with me first. Makes sense. I keep having doubts about trying so aggressively so fast but then will flip flop and justify it. Probably doesn't help I'm so sleep deprived. I worked 13 hours yesterday night came home took care of lizzy all day (she took about an hour nap) then back to work for another 13 hour. Thank goodness my dh doesn't work until 4pm today because I plan on sleeping like the dead. My temp was way up yesterday but I think it's because I didn't sleep very long. Do you think I should delete it? Also sorry if the spelling is bad on this entry I'm doing it on my phone while on break tonight lol.

DrJo - Good luck! I hope the house sells quickly!

We just accepted an offer on ours today, so here's hoping it all works out! :)

Swimmy - Holy moly, you ARE sleep deprived! I don't know how you do it, I'd be absolutely useless after a string of days like that.

Swimmy- I hope you were able you get some sleep.

No, we don't have any timeline. We are back in ttc limbo. We've had some extensive conversations lately and I think we are leaning more to not ttc at all. There are so many reasons buy logically we both agree one is probably better for us at this point.

Irym- that is awesome you have an accepted offer. Fx everything works out smoothly.

I slept like the dead hahaha it was soooo nice!!!

Irym - congrats on the offer!!! Hopefully it all goes smooth!!

krissie - It's good that you both seem to be on the same page with ttc. But I'm sure that wasn't an easy decision to come to.

Swimmy- that's great. Sounds like you needed it.

It was a very difficult decision. We've been talking about it about 6 months now. But really seemed ask the important questions on Saturday. I think that it helped too that I called dh out on being so wishy washy about it. I think he just wants me to be happy and would do whatever that meant. However, he has now said he believes we'd be better off with one and I agree with the reasoning he has.

It's nice that he was trying to be nice but you are right communication is key.

AFM - i started metformin today i forgot how much this stuff messed with my stomach yuck. I was hoping with decreasing nursing ovulation would come a little sooner but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. maybe by next cycle it will.

Has anyone ever had + opks but no temp spike? I'm assuming this means I didn't really ovulate

Has anyone ever had + opks but no temp spike? I'm assuming this means I didn't really ovulate

I have on several occasions. With those I keep monitoring and I have found I ovulated later. One cycle I had three positive opks with the third time being the one with the temp shift.

oh darn guess that means i have too keep peeing on a stick lol.

Today out of no where my DH told me that if we aren't pregnant with baby #2 by the time lizzy is 3 he doesn't want a second. Or if we have another mc again :( we didn't really get to talk about it before i had to leave for work but i was kind of shocked by the mc comment. I feel like now if i by some miracle i get pregnant again i wouldn't want to tell him encase it didn't go well ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->