Getting Fit Before Baby

Ursaula - I still hope you get a bfp soon and if not, AF! x

IRYM - l-arginine is an amino acid which primarily increases nitrous oxide levels in the body. This increases blood flow/circulation, improves sperm production, increases libido, has slight anti-clotting action and is thought to improve egg cell health & boost the immune system due to improved blood circulation.

I've also started taking coenzyme Q10 today & started DH on multivitamins, zinc and also l-arginine. I had a thought that if I can get the operation soon then I might have a better chance at getting pregnant in a few months, even possibly without IVF... all these supplements take at least 90 days to impact egg and sperm cell health so I might as well start taking it now! Even though I am taking ttc breaks on and off atm (and supposed to be on bcp :dohh::haha:), it's a good idea to start improving my egg cell health NOW.

I tend to get nosebleeds only if I have a severe sinus infection. Sorry no help there!

How is everyone's diet/exercise plans going? Anyone else have a new plan of action?

AFM - diet is still going really well. I had 2 mouthfuls of breakfast rusk today (baked them myself for the first time, for my husband; and I wanted to taste them) and I felt so guilty lol. Other than that I'm sticking to my guns! I want to carry on like this as a lifestyle change, not just an "on-and-off" like last year! That clearly didn't work.

Oohh I found another tip that helps to focus on what you are eating (be aware of the food in your mouth): 99% of us has a preferential chewing side in the mouth. I preferentially chew on the left. Now if you push the food into the other side of the mouth, it feels a bit weird & unusual, and helps you to focus on what you are chewing. It really helps me to be aware of the textures and tastes of the food I put into my mouth... I also chew and eat more slowly that way.

Planking day 8 done! I haven't lost more weight, boo (I suppose I will have to start working out now to see any more weight loss). And yay, spotting finally stopped today! :happydance:

Fern - im so gonna have to try the being aware of chewing that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for all the great information your passing on :)

Afm - finally got up and went to the gym yesterday. I only did 25 minutes on the ellipicial but I figure at least I went and can keep going a few days a week. I'm home for my uncles funeral this weekend :( it's nice to get to say goodbye though

Irym - mine are usual worse when there isn't humidity but I'm sure it has to do with your usual weather is like. I woke up this morning with a bad one again

I've been so busy! S/o and I are making mozzarella sticks right now so I have a moment to stop and breathe....sort of.

Swimmy: How have you been feeling? Any nausea, etc?

IRYM: I don't get nose bleeds but I'd imagine it is probably related to the humidity in the air.

Fern: Fx'd for you that this works! I sure know metformin is doing something to me so I'm hoping you found a solution that will work for you too. I did the plank the last 2 days and made it to 20 seconds and 26 seconds. So out of shape!

AFM: Like I said I've been super busy. Trying to figure out living arrangements and moving ones for Toronto. It's a 3 year plan but it's still taking a lot of time getting ready for school, lots of sewing!

I've been doing well in regards to weight and eating with the plans my dietitian and I made. (As we make mozzarella sticks...). TTC wise, I tested yesterday, BFN, I didn't test today. No af yet either... I'm going to use my last test on Monday (19dpo) and if nothing comes by then I'll be seeing my doctor.

Ursaula - moving sounds so exciting. I can't wait until me and my DH get to move further up north. I know it will defiantly be a few years but its something to look forward too. Rooting for you in sticking to eating right :)

I've been super sick the last week or so, and I'm sure getting on my DH's nerves. He keeps wanting to go out for a date night and I will say yes and then he gets home from work and i'm so tired/sick I just don't want to. Also cat is out of the bag. At the late lunchin after my uncles funeral I was super super sick and ended up dry heaving in a trash can (oh yeah classy). Someone made a joke about me being pregnant. And of course DH chimes in yeah we got to see the heartbeat last week. You could have heard a pin drop in a room with 200 people lol. ooohhh if looks could kill. I'm still pretty mad about it, way to early to say anything, but nothing I can do about it now.

Swimmy: Thanks! :) Also, it sounds like your DH is excited about the baby with how he couldn't hold it in and had to say something. I'm sorry you're feeling so crummy though.

How's everyone else doing?

For me, I'm still waiting for af or a bfp. Feels like a bfp would be a huge shock now though since tomorrow I would be 19dpo. Ff took off my cross hairs but I KNOW I ovulated because of all the cramps I was having...just have to wait and see I guess...

Hi ladies

Cupcakestoy - how are you doing gym-wise? Have you lost any more weight, where are you in your cycle? Thinking of you! Oh btw, when are you planning on doing IVF? So many questions - thinking of you hun!:flower:

Swimmy - aaawwww so lovely that your DH is super psyched about the pregnancy and at the same time... :dohh: impulsively announcing in front of 200 people? Well hun if all continues to go well (and I really believe it will!) then this might become a funny family tale to tell the kids :). Sorry that you are feeling sooooo sick! I really hope the nausea lets up a bit.

Ursaula - glad you're still planking - are you still doing it daily? Lol I'm holding you accountable!! 20 and 26 seconds are brilliant for someone just starting out with a plank; it's all about holding position as long as you can. My husband does sport coaching for a LIVING and he could only do 40 seconds the other night when he tried it for the first time haha. (Having said that, he is really big boned and HEAVY so I can imagine it was hard for him to hold himself up).
19 dpo is very long for a LP... when are you seeing your doctor? It might be that you didn't ovulate :( I hope you did though. If you DID ovulate and you get an u/s now then they should be able to see a corpus luteum cyst.

Maybe you can ask your doctor about doing hormone tests and monitoring.
E.g a 7dpo progesterone test (to be done 7/8 days after suspected ovulation).
Or ultrasound cycle tracking to see if any follicles are growing during the follicular phase, and if an egg is released during/around ovulation.
FSH and LH baseline tests on CD 3 of a new cycle.
Etc!

There are many things that a dr can do to determine if you are actually having a normal menstrual cycle. I hope you get the proper medical care that you (all of us) deserve. xx I tend to tell my doctors what I want them to do additionally. I have had many ttc related ultrasounds and blood tests done just because I demand it... I'm paying for it so they allow it. I know it doesn't work like that in every country though.

AFM - I had ONE cheat day this weekend, it was my niece's birthday party and I had some party food.... and picked up 3 pounds wtf!? Urghh! Well I haven't missed a plank in the planking challenge so far, currently day 11. Happens to be CD11 too ;). Up to 70 seconds 3x daily. I also started doing HIIT today.
TTC wise - cramping, diarrhea (sorry), one instance of spotting, one instance of EWCM. Confusing. I really hope my hormones just calm down and are @ normal parameters this cycle. I'm not having anything tested of course... my break from bcp is NOT doctor's orders! I don't expect to become pregnant this cycle, I just need to have one normal-ish cycle again! :winkwink: With bd around mid-cycle thrown in there of course :winkwink:.

Happy Monday, everyone!

Busy weekend for us here. DH and I cleaned up the garage a little bit, did all of our errand-running, and we worked on cleaning up a flower bed that the neighborhood cats have been using as their communal toilet. Yuck! We're putting gravel in, so that the little stinkers can't get down to the soil to do their business. Lots of work, but it's looking really nice!

About the nosebleeds: it's been raining here, 75% humidity or higher. I do get traces of blood on the tissue in dry weather, but getting a nosebleed because of higher humidity seems counter intuitive. Especially when this is the first real nosebleed I've ever had? Hmm.

It hasn't happened again since that first one, AND the usual trace amounts of blood in the tissue from dry air are gone, thanks to the rainy weather. I really don't know what's going on. Haha

Fern - Huh. That sounds like a useful supplement! But don't you just wish it didn't take three whole months (or so) before it started making a difference? Haha

Ursaula - All my reading says that if you actually did ovulate and you make it past 18dpo without a temp drop below coverline, you're most likely pregnant. What are your temps looking like now?

Swimmy - OMG, your DH! :dohh: I would be upset, too! Letting the cat outta the bag like that, in front of a crowd of people! Man.

Hey ladies do you mind if I join?

Currently have been trying since March 2015 with one mc at 8 weeks in November. This is my second full cycle since mc but I didn't ovulate the last one. I've decided I need to loose a little weight and hubs is getting a little stressed out with everything we have going on. So we've moved to ntnp while I loose some weight. I feel like trying has put my life on hold and I've always been too worried to work out but not anymore! Week 1 down and today marks the start of week 2!

Hi mrsgreen!!!!

You are so very welcome!
Awwww I'm sorry to read about your recent miscarriage... Many ladies on here have been in your shoes, ttc is sooooo heartwrenching at times. Kudos to you though for doing your best to keep healthy & carry on. Can't wait to hear about your fitness, weight loss AND ttc successes this year! X

Currently have been trying since March 2015 with one mc at 8 weeks in November. This is my second full cycle since mc but I didn't ovulate the last one. I've decided I need to loose a little weight and hubs is getting a little stressed out with everything we have going on. So we've moved to ntnp while I loose some weight. I feel like trying has put my life on hold and I've always been too worried to work out but not anymore! Week 1 down and today marks the start of week 2!

Welcome, welcome, Mrs. Green! We're happy to have you!

Sorry to hear about the miscarriage. They're so rough! :hugs: Hopefully as you work on getting your body in shape, it will help make a welcoming place for a sticky bean the next time around! :)

Hello gals!

Welcome Mrs. Green! :) Can't wait to see those numbers drop for you!

Fern: I've been holding plank daily except for today. I've had mega pain (I'll explain a little further down.)

IRYM: I'll attach my chart.

AFM: Another short post because I am running off to a medical clinic in the city. I called a nurse line to ask about what's going on and she seemed super concerned and has set up a doctor to see me in the city. I sent her my chart to look at and she thinks it's either a major cyst (given the pain I've been having) or I'm pregnant...I'm praying it's the second one!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 4.39.03 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 4.39.03 PM.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 4
Thanks ladies for the welcome! I really think not being healthy is why I didn't ovulate and haven't gotten pregnant. So my goal is 20-25 pounds. But honestly if I get down 10% of my body fat I'll be ecstatic. They say 10% will increase fertility.

Ursaula - moving sounds so exciting. I can't wait until me and my DH get to move further up north. I know it will defiantly be a few years but its something to look forward too. Rooting for you in sticking to eating right :)

I've been super sick the last week or so, and I'm sure getting on my DH's nerves. He keeps wanting to go out for a date night and I will say yes and then he gets home from work and i'm so tired/sick I just don't want to. Also cat is out of the bag. At the late lunchin after my uncles funeral I was super super sick and ended up dry heaving in a trash can (oh yeah classy). Someone made a joke about me being pregnant. And of course DH chimes in yeah we got to see the heartbeat last week. You could have heard a pin drop in a room with 200 people lol. ooohhh if looks could kill. I'm still pretty mad about it, way to early to say anything, but nothing I can do about it now.

I'm glad your puking! lol Means the LO is growing! I would KILL dh! Remind me when your next appointment is....

Swimmy: Thanks! :) Also, it sounds like your DH is excited about the baby with how he couldn't hold it in and had to say something. I'm sorry you're feeling so crummy though.

How's everyone else doing?

For me, I'm still waiting for af or a bfp. Feels like a bfp would be a huge shock now though since tomorrow I would be 19dpo. Ff took off my cross hairs but I KNOW I ovulated because of all the cramps I was having...just have to wait and see I guess...

Hope you get some answers soon! Sometimes you can gear up to O & not, but either way, I agree that I would ask for labs & maybe neds to bring on AF if your don't get a bfp....

Hi ladies

Cupcakestoy - how are you doing gym-wise? Have you lost any more weight, where are you in your cycle? Thinking of you! Oh btw, when are you planning on doing IVF? So many questions - thinking of you hun!:flower:

Swimmy - aaawwww so lovely that your DH is super psyched about the pregnancy and at the same time... :dohh: impulsively announcing in front of 200 people? Well hun if all continues to go well (and I really believe it will!) then this might become a funny family tale to tell the kids :). Sorry that you are feeling sooooo sick! I really hope the nausea lets up a bit.

Ursaula - glad you're still planking - are you still doing it daily? Lol I'm holding you accountable!! 20 and 26 seconds are brilliant for someone just starting out with a plank; it's all about holding position as long as you can. My husband does sport coaching for a LIVING and he could only do 40 seconds the other night when he tried it for the first time haha. (Having said that, he is really big boned and HEAVY so I can imagine it was hard for him to hold himself up).
19 dpo is very long for a LP... when are you seeing your doctor? It might be that you didn't ovulate :( I hope you did though. If you DID ovulate and you get an u/s now then they should be able to see a corpus luteum cyst.

Maybe you can ask your doctor about doing hormone tests and monitoring.
E.g a 7dpo progesterone test (to be done 7/8 days after suspected ovulation).
Or ultrasound cycle tracking to see if any follicles are growing during the follicular phase, and if an egg is released during/around ovulation.
FSH and LH baseline tests on CD 3 of a new cycle.
Etc!

There are many things that a dr can do to determine if you are actually having a normal menstrual cycle. I hope you get the proper medical care that you (all of us) deserve. xx I tend to tell my doctors what I want them to do additionally. I have had many ttc related ultrasounds and blood tests done just because I demand it... I'm paying for it so they allow it. I know it doesn't work like that in every country though.

AFM - I had ONE cheat day this weekend, it was my niece's birthday party and I had some party food.... and picked up 3 pounds wtf!? Urghh! Well I haven't missed a plank in the planking challenge so far, currently day 11. Happens to be CD11 too ;). Up to 70 seconds 3x daily. I also started doing HIIT today.
TTC wise - cramping, diarrhea (sorry), one instance of spotting, one instance of EWCM. Confusing. I really hope my hormones just calm down and are @ normal parameters this cycle. I'm not having anything tested of course... my break from bcp is NOT doctor's orders! I don't expect to become pregnant this cycle, I just need to have one normal-ish cycle again! :winkwink: With bd around mid-cycle thrown in there of course :winkwink:.

WTG on planking! I'm doing good! Went to the gym 3x last week & on off days worked my tail off at home! lol Down 3# as of this morning!:happydance::happydance::happydance: Af should be here by Friday. The Progesterone is making me more tired than usual & my bbs are super tender!
We were planning on IVF in April, but I've pushed it back until May or maybe even June, since April is when our last angel was due & I still have 40# to lose. Hoping to get there before then, but don't want to stress so much over it....

Happy Monday, everyone!

Busy weekend for us here. DH and I cleaned up the garage a little bit, did all of our errand-running, and we worked on cleaning up a flower bed that the neighborhood cats have been using as their communal toilet. Yuck! We're putting gravel in, so that the little stinkers can't get down to the soil to do their business. Lots of work, but it's looking really nice!

About the nosebleeds: it's been raining here, 75% humidity or higher. I do get traces of blood on the tissue in dry weather, but getting a nosebleed because of higher humidity seems counter intuitive. Especially when this is the first real nosebleed I've ever had? Hmm.

It hasn't happened again since that first one, AND the usual trace amounts of blood in the tissue from dry air are gone, thanks to the rainy weather. I really don't know what's going on. Haha

Yuck! I have the same cat problem here! Luckily the strays seem to be leaving more lately, so I hope they find someone's beds to do their business in!

Welcome & Good luck with your weight loss goals!

Urs- oh poor you! Your temps look good, fx that you are actually pregnant despite those pesky bfns. Wouldn't that be amazing. Keep us updated, I really hope there is nothing serious going on. Xx

Any news Ursaula? Sending you loads of positive thoughts!!

I'm still waiting for my doctor's office to phone back regarding a surgery date. I'm so scared & panicky every time I talk to them.... urgh I HATE having surgery. Sounds like it won't happen before March. That means that I have January and Feb to try and get pregnant on my own... if I do, I won't NEED surgery since pregnancy actually helps suppress endo! However, I most probably won't be able to get pregnant at all unless I have the surgery. AND the doctor wants me on bcp. I was in tears again last night about this whole confusing mess of ttc. I can never decide what to do. I have been making all my decisions with my heart and emotions, it's so extremely difficult to remove emotion out of the equation when this whole journey is nothing but a big BALL OF CONFUSION and hysterical ups and downs.

Mrsgreen- because I have stage 3 endometriosis including on my ovaries. When I'm not on bcp then the endo grows and damages my ovaries & follies & egg cell reserve (have had it surgically removed twice before but new dr suspects it is back). That is also what I'm getting surgery for before we can even consider IVF. X

I'm so sorry. That's horrible. It's crazy you would have to wait until March to even get the surgery. I'm sorry!

Ursaula - Thanks for showing us your chart! :) I'm wondering if, with all those open circles, maybe you actually ovulated on CD23 instead? If that was the case, you wouldn't be at 19DPO today, but 14DPO.

I could be wrong, but I wanted to consider other possibilities. Sometimes FF picks the wrong day for cross hairs. :)

Mrs.Green - I have heard that, too. It'd be nice if I could lose the 10% also! I haven't been working out enough lately, but I have been working on cutting back on calories, and being more active during the day. I'm trying to get into a good routine that I can stick with instead of always getting burnt out and disappointed with myself. I had a routine like that a couple years back, but I fell out of it for various reasons and it's been hard to pick back up! :dohh:

Do you have any kind of healthy routine that you're trying to stick to?

Cupcake - I noticed that no one else around me has wood chips in their flowerbeds. It's all rock, or nothing at all. lol! I didn't really think anything of it until recently, but it all makes sense now!

The wood chips were already here when we bought the house, and they looked nice... for a little while. We got a gift card for the local home improvement store for XMas and we're putting it to good use!

Fern - :hugs: Surgery is so stressful! Even when it's "minor" surgery, I'm a wreck. So I can totally relate!

What if you sat down with DH and made a Pros and Cons list about whether or not to be on BCP? If the Pros outweigh the Cons, then get on it. That way you aren't making a knee-jerk decision or letting the day's emotions cloud your judgement? I know it sounds a little cliche, but it could work!

Fern: How fast growing is it? If you feel it won't grow much within 2 months I'd ttc during those months leading up to surgery. Good luck!

IRYM: I thought about that too. Fx'd either way.

AFM: I bring pictures! :blush: #1a and #2a are originals (taken in the 10 minute mark). #1c and #2c are the negatives of those originals. #3b is test #1 taken after the 10 minute mark (and out of case). :blush: (I'm going to go do one more test right now too...haha.

In regards to what happened. They want me to wait until I would be 2 weeks late until they do anything. I do have that ultrasound/endo thing on Jan. 27 so I'm hoping that will show something too! Fx'd.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 11.56.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 11.56.41 AM.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 12.13.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 12.13.38 PM.png
    133.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 12.19.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 12.19.36 PM.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 12.20.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 12.20.23 PM.png