Getting Fit Before Baby

ugh I HATE hidden food labels. When my digestive system flares up there is a LOT I can't eat so I fully understand the frustration of discovering hidden ingredients the hard way. Good thing that's mostly water weight so it should come right back off.

I do, too! I thought everything was supposed to be clearly labeled, and so when I didn't see anything about additives on this particular package of chicken, I assumed (which is totally my own fault -- I should never assume!) that this brand didn't inject its products full of saline. The saltiness of those chicken breasts, though... eewww.

I drank 3 liters of water (that's about 12 glasses worth) yesterday and did an extra 10mins of cardio, and then today when I stepped on the scale, 2 of those 5lbs of water are already gone. So I'm going to keep up with the (drastically) reduced sodium diet for a few more days, keep drinking as much water as I can, and see where that gets me.

One thing I noticed was that I got a dull headache in the afternoon around my 8th glass of water. I have to assume that some of that was because my system was detoxing, and that caused a headache. I wasn't drinking the water so quickly that I was at risk for water poisoning, so no worries about that!

I did gain about 1 lb since last weight in. Oh well. We will see if this week changes me any with me going back to school to teach and being more mobile than laying on the couch all day.

Eep! Are you doing weight lifting or any muscle building workouts? Sometimes that can cause a small gain before the body's metabolism picks up and sheds some body fat. I hope it comes right off next week!

ireadyermind, I'm sorry about the water weight. That is always so incredibly annoying when that happens. Hopefully it melts right back off!

As for me, I didn't lose or gain this past week. Hopefully that changes this week! Trying to eat smaller portions and less junk.

Thanks, I hope so too! Some of it has already come off since yesterday, thank goodness -- I don't feel like a human blimp this morning, and my pants aren't so snug around my middle. Woohoo! Haha

Hopefully we all see some good results in the coming week. I know I'm trying to get in as much cardio and weight training as I can, since next week I'm going on vacation and it's really hard to stick to a diet when you can't cook your own meals!

If you didn't gain any weight this week, I'd count that as a good thing! It means that even if you had a few setbacks or crummy days, they weren't so bad that you can't repair the "damage". :)

Do you count calories or anything? What if you aimed to shave only like 100 calories off your daily intake, and maybe add 10 mins of cardio every day? That could be just enough to set your weight loss back in motion! I'm trying to add a few more minutes to my workouts too. Yesterday I had an extra 10 minutes and I even managed to increase the intensity, too, so I'm hoping it's a trend I can continue. :dance:

I'm back to share this youtube channel I found which has a lot of high intensity cardio workouts that are pretty good! Some of them seem silly at first (I just tried the bed sheet workout and fell like a nutball for the first few minutes, lol!) but once you get going you realize they really are challenging.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBVhZfOJbmWsNUyExuTVS7Q

My only issue is that he sure does plug is website and products a lot! I could do without all the plugs, but his workouts are still free on youtube and so I can't fault the guy for trying to make a living. Haha

He IS encouraging and gives mini pep talks throughout his video, and says things like, "Don't focus on how much time is left, focus on how you're going to look when you're 20 pounds lighter," and, "If that voice in your head is telling you to quit, you tell it to shut up." lol

I'm hoping that I'll avoid my workout boredom by trying something new from his channel, and other channels, every day. Maybe that'll help keep me consistent!

If any of you gals try these videos, let me know what you think!

I don't exercise on a regular basis though I should so no i don't do weight lifting. Although I suppose shoveling snow for half hour counts as cardio seeing as I was outside and shoveling snow to the yard from driveway.

Shoveling snow definitely counts! Especially if you got a little winded while you were shoveling, or if you broke a sweat. :)

Just looked at the bed sheet exercise. That does seem silly and too easy but I would try it... Looks fun enough!

I did break out into a sweat during the shoveling... So much that I had to change clothes after I came in and I was shocked at how cold my legs were but I felt hot still from all the sweating. :dohh:

First weigh in for me and I've lost 0.7kg (which is the equivalent to 1.5lb), which I'm pretty pleased with as I've not been on plan 100% this week due to it being new year and my birthday. So any sort of loss I will happily take :happydance:

I've felt a bit bleurgh the past couple of days as at the moment I feel like a bit of a failure ttc wise as I know that it's my weight holding us back if we needed help.

So I've tried to turn that into something proactive and have ordered myself some new walking clothes (hoodie, sports bras, t shirts and joggers) and my dh has said he will order a pair of trainers for me. The plan is for me to start getting out and about with the dog more often and maybe try to work myself up to running (way down the line) :thumbup:

Way to go Emmy! 1.5 pounds is a Great loss for the week! Glad your motivated to get out more, wish I was this week. Dh's Grandpa's funeral was yesterday, so hoping we can have a little normalcy around here again. Joining the Gym didn't go as planned yet so I'm just doing a little extra around here....Hope everyone has a Fantastic Week!

Hi Ladies,
hope its ok to join.
i am planning on losing about 10-15kg in the next couple of months to make sure my body is ready to do IVF and to carry a little bean. i was taking duromine in December a weightloss pill and well i lost about 5kg so wasn't really worth it. but i now have my protein powders and weight loss powders to help and motivate me.

2015 will be my year to get pregnant i just know it and i wish you all the best with your weight loss journey and lost of :dust:

Stats:
Height: 5ft 8
Starting Weight: 84kg
Goal Weight: 65-70kg

Weigh-ins:
January 7: 84kg
January 14:
January 21:
January 28:

Total for January: - 0 at the moment only just starting

Things I struggled with this month:

Things I did well this month:

First weigh in for me and I've lost 0.7kg (which is the equivalent to 1.5lb), which I'm pretty pleased with as I've not been on plan 100% this week due to it being new year and my birthday. So any sort of loss I will happily take :happydance:

I've felt a bit bleurgh the past couple of days as at the moment I feel like a bit of a failure ttc wise as I know that it's my weight holding us back if we needed help.

So I've tried to turn that into something proactive and have ordered myself some new walking clothes (hoodie, sports bras, t shirts and joggers) and my dh has said he will order a pair of trainers for me. The plan is for me to start getting out and about with the dog more often and maybe try to work myself up to running (way down the line) :thumbup:

Awwe, sweetie :hugs:

I feel like I can relate a lot to you. I wasn't quite as heavy as you when I started, and we haven't been TTC that long, but I knew my weight would be a problem, especially if we need help. And I know what it's like to have so much weight to lose it seems like a huge mountain that's impossible to get over.

I started out at 145 kg and am now down to 121 kg. I started a low-GI diet (basically avoids anything high in simple carbohydrates -- pasta, bread, potatos, candy, sweets, etc) and I count calories (I eat max 1.200 calories per day, there is usually 1 day per week when I'm not eating everything that I make myself, and I don't count, but I stick with the low-GI plan and I am super careful about my portions). This seems to have worked wonders for me -- since starting the plan just 4 months ago on September 1st, I'm down nearly 25 kg. My current end-goal is to get to 85kg, which would put my BMI in the range that will put me out of the 'obese' category.

Exercise is something I'm not very good at doing either -- in the past I have been more active, but in Denmark, particularly in the winter, it is cold and dark. I do have an exercise machine I can use at home, but I don't do it as often as I should. However, I notice a big difference in my capacity to even just do normal everyday stuff with the amount of weight I have gone so far. Exercise is really hard when you weigh a lot; it is painful. And I don't mean the "good" kind of "I'm working hard and burning fat" painful; I mean the "my joints are killing me" kind of pain. But what worked for me so far was just going at it 200% with the food alone, and then easing into the exercise (I'm still not good at exercising, but I'm getting better about being more active in general and starting to get better at exercising).

A different question: Have you noticed having also really long cycles? Does the Dr. attribute them to your weight?

Really long cycles? No. I don't think I have that issue with my weight. Least at this point. Perhaps my cycles do shorten by a day or two if I'm closer to 155, I don't know. Can't remember anymore. I think I've always been 30 days cycle girl. Not sure.

Welcome Miss cassie!!

And good work tigger, sounds like you're very dedicated- I hope your hard work pays off soon! :dust:

Good Morning Ladies! I've been hopping on the scale every morning and that little rascal hasn't changed a bit, up or down. Holding at exactly the same number. Today I'm going to drink a lot of water and have a very clean eating day. My only non-clean splurge will be the flavored creamer in my morning coffee. :p Hopefully a low cal day with lots of water will get things moving.

Good luck to you all!

So what has everyone eaten or done in terms of exercise today? I had two egg muffins and coffee this morning and then I hit the gym with my spouse since my girlfriend needed to hit the gym with someone who has gym membership considering it is too cold out today. I managed a 5K on the treadmill there in about 50 minutes. :wohoo: I alternated between jogging and fast walking in that time. Just now checked weight and it is 188.5 with the sweat I done between yesterday and today so about 3 lbs down which is the right way! We will see if I keep this up.

Hi ladies! Can I join! I gained like 8 lbs with my last pregnancy that just ended in MC. Oops. So I'm back on the clean eating routine - exercised and trained the whole time but had lots of deserts lol. Doing a weight loss challenge with some friends so hopefully that helps!

Welcome newbies!

I've had sauteed ground turkey with broccoli for breakfast & lunch LoL I could eat it everyday! Trying to get our routine down since funeral was yesterday! WTG on the workouts, I'm at work so nothing yet for me....

Just looked at the bed sheet exercise. That does seem silly and too easy but I would try it... Looks fun enough!

I did break out into a sweat during the shoveling... So much that I had to change clothes after I came in and I was shocked at how cold my legs were but I felt hot still from all the sweating. :dohh:

Then that is certainly a good enough workout to count for the day! If you did that 3 times a week, you could consider yourself on the right track. I read an article somewhere that said people needed to do 50 minutes per day, 5 days a week if they wanted to see results, and I thought -- how ridiculous! What a discouraging thing to say to people who are already struggling just to get 15 minutes in on a daily basis! Ugh.

So I think ANY exercise you can get that is more than you were doing beforehand is sufficient. :) Keep it up!

EDIT: Let me tell you, that bed sheet exercise kicked my butt! I am sore ALL OVER this morning! I never thought flailing a sheet around would be a good workout, but it provided just enough resistance, and I was using my muscles in a way I normally don't. Whew! My legs, arms, and core muscles are all in need of a good stretch this morning, and now I can see why the man recommends only doing that routine 3 times a week! Phew!

And good job hitting the gym and getting those extra 3 pounds down! I'm a big believer that water really helps everything. You can't get rid of toxins or hydrate your muscles if you aren't getting enough, and that can really stall weight loss -- so keep on drinking up! :)

Woo! Good job on losing almost two pounds! I've heard that two pounds per week is the max you should lose if you want to keep the weight off later. It sounds like you're on the right track! I'm glad your husband is supporting you, too -- that's always such an awesome bonus. It's much easier (relatively speaking, that is) to stick with a new health plan when your spouse is encouraging you along the way!

Hi Ladies,
hope its ok to join.
i am planning on losing about 10-15kg in the next couple of months to make sure my body is ready to do IVF and to carry a little bean. i was taking duromine in December a weightloss pill and well i lost about 5kg so wasn't really worth it. but i now have my protein powders and weight loss powders to help and motivate me.

2015 will be my year to get pregnant i just know it and i wish you all the best with your weight loss journey and lost of :dust:

Stats:

Weigh-ins:
January 14:
January 21:
January 28:

Welcome, MissCassie! I'll add you to our list of participants. :)

15kg is a worthy goal, and one I'd be happy to reach myself! We'll be here to support you along the way. Good luck and baby dust, too! :)

Hi ladies! Can I join! I gained like 8 lbs with my last pregnancy that just ended in MC. Oops. So I'm back on the clean eating routine - exercised and trained the whole time but had lots of deserts lol. Doing a weight loss challenge with some friends so hopefully that helps!

Welcome, welcome! We have a weigh-in chart in the first post in this thread, and you can paste it into your post and keep track of your weigh-ins, successes and setbacks all in one post.

What is your total weight loss goal? Was it the 8 pounds you gained with your last MC, or did you have any additional goals?

Happy to have you with us! I hope we can provide you with some added support and motivation. :)

So what has everyone eaten or done in terms of exercise today?

I try to plan everything in advance for the day, because it helps me stick to my diet rather than just decide on a whim what I want to eat.

The meal plan I stick to is high protein, low carb and low fat (though I still eat some of each and it's not quite so low carb as the Atkins diet), and I eat a small meal or snack every 3 hours. This prevents me from being so hungry at any given point that I end up binge eating. I also make sure to have a small serving of something sweet every day so that I don't feel starved of sweets and binge on those, either.

I usually get about 1,100 - 1,300 calories a day before exercise is taken into account. I also aim for a minimum of 2 liters of water per day, in addition to what I already drink with meals (like coffee or soda). If I don't get my minimum 2 liters of water, I don't get the soda I was planning on drinking.

Here's my break down for the day --

Breakfast:
8oz of coffee with 2 tbsp of flavored creamer & 1 tbsp unflavored, calorie free, non-dairy creamer
(I like my coffee to be pretty light, so rather than dump tons of flavored creamer into it, I do some flavored, some calorie free stuff so that I get the desired lightness with about half the calories and carbs. Woo!)

1 packet berry cereal from Medifast
This stuff is designed to be low GI, it has 11g of protein in it, and a bunch of added vitamins and minerals. Swapping a few of my meals every day with Medifast ones helps me stay under my calorie goal while keeping my protein intake high.

Snack 1:
1 hard boiled egg
8oz Blue Diamond Original Unsweetened Almond Milk

Lunch:
8oz Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
12oz can Diet Dr. Pepper (I haven't had one in daaaaays! I am totally craving one now. Haha)​

Snack 2:
1 hard boiled egg
8oz Blue Diamond Original Unsweetened Almond Milk

Dinner:
5oz grilled salmon
1.5 cups of "Asian Salad Kit" mix, which has kale, cabbage, various lettuces, a sesame ginger vinaigrette dressing, some wonton strips and sesame seeds, plus almond slivers.​

Dessert:
1 Medifast chocolate chip cookie bake (it's like a single serving chocolate chip cookie mix, and you just add water and bake one)
2 tbsp fat free whipped topping​

Having done that vigorous youtube workout yesterday, and waking up sore in every muscle on my body (lol), I probably won't do much working out today. I am going to try to get 10 mins of cardio in on my stationary bike, but I won't beat myself up if I can't make that. My muscles took a real beating with that workout and they need to rest and rebuild! Haha

iready- your meals sound very healthy and 3 hours is a good plan to go with. I'd do that but with teaching, it's hard sometimes to snack in middle of day.

so for lunch, I had chili leftovers from last week. We cook a lot at home now- on a normal day when I go work/teach, I do have sandwich and cheese string stick. Occasionally I'll have vegetables with hummus too (carrots or celery usually). But anyways, yeah I had a bowl of chili with 1 serving of macaroni. No idea what is for dinner but we still have lasagna leftovers from yesterday and I have canned soup in the cupboards if we want something to heat up.

Then that is certainly a good enough workout to count for the day! If you did that 3 times a week, you could consider yourself on the right track. I read an article somewhere that said people needed to do 50 minutes per day, 5 days a week if they wanted to see results, and I thought -- how ridiculous! What a discouraging thing to say to people who are already struggling just to get 15 minutes in on a daily basis! Ugh.

So I think ANY exercise you can get that is more than you were doing beforehand is sufficient. :) Keep it up!

EDIT: Let me tell you, that bed sheet exercise kicked my butt! I am sore ALL OVER this morning! I never thought flailing a sheet around would be a good workout, but it provided just enough resistance, and I was using my muscles in a way I normally don't. Whew! My legs, arms, and core muscles are all in need of a good stretch this morning, and now I can see why the man recommends only doing that routine 3 times a week! Phew!

And good job hitting the gym and getting those extra 3 pounds down! I'm a big believer that water really helps everything. You can't get rid of toxins or hydrate your muscles if you aren't getting enough, and that can really stall weight loss -- so keep on drinking up! :)

Woo! Good job on losing almost two pounds! I've heard that two pounds per week is the max you should lose if you want to keep the weight off later. It sounds like you're on the right track! I'm glad your husband is supporting you, too -- that's always such an awesome bonus. It's much easier (relatively speaking, that is) to stick with a new health plan when your spouse is encouraging you along the way!

Hi Ladies,
hope its ok to join.

Stats:

Weigh-ins:
January 14:
January 21:
January 28:

Welcome, MissCassie! I'll add you to our list of participants. :)

15kg is a worthy goal, and one I'd be happy to reach myself! We'll be here to support you along the way. Good luck and baby dust, too! :)

Welcome, welcome! We have a weigh-in chart in the first post in this thread, and you can paste it into your post and keep track of your weigh-ins, successes and setbacks all in one post.

What is your total weight loss goal? Was it the 8 pounds you gained with your last MC, or did you have any additional goals?

Happy to have you with us! I hope we can provide you with some added support and motivation. :)

Thanks :) First goal is the 8lbs Ideally 20 in total would be nice. That's what I'm going to work on while TTC to keep my mind off TTC. I'll go take a look at that first post :)

Tonight I'm doing hills (I'm a runner) tonight I believe is 8 hills. I hope it's 8 and not 9. We shall see lol.

Stats:
Height: 5'3
Starting Weight: 169.5
Goal Weight:150

Weigh-ins: Monday
January 5: 169.5
January 12:
January 19:
January 26:
Total for January: +/-

Things I struggled with this month: Just finishing a miscarriage. So that's not been nice. But so far started my challenge on Monday and doing good!

Things I did well this month: Keeping up with exercise, and cutting out garbage food.

I'm looking to get back down to at least 160ish in the next 4-6 weeks. Then down to 150. Then reassess from there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->