Getting Fit Before Baby

AJarvis --

Awesome! Keeping up with exercise is probably the hardest issue for me. I can do really well for a week, sometimes two, and then I get SO bored with my routine that I just stop altogether.

I'm trying something new this month: every time I need to do a cardio workout, I'm going to try to find something new on YouTube, workout DVDs, etc. rather than sticking with the same two or three things I usually do.

You seem to have some good habits in place. Good luck reaching your goal weight!

iready- your meals sound very healthy and 3 hours is a good plan to go with. I'd do that but with teaching, it's hard sometimes to snack in middle of day.

so for lunch, I had chili leftovers from last week. We cook a lot at home now- on a normal day when I go work/teach, I do have sandwich and cheese string stick. Occasionally I'll have vegetables with hummus too (carrots or celery usually). But anyways, yeah I had a bowl of chili with 1 serving of macaroni. No idea what is for dinner but we still have lasagna leftovers from yesterday and I have canned soup in the cupboards if we want something to heat up.

What if you had protein shakes that you could take to work with you? When I worked in retail as a manager, there were days I didn't even get a lunch break on an 8 hour shift, and we weren't allowed to have food on the sales floor... BUT I could prepare a protein shake and keep it in a travel mug in the manager's office, and sip it whenever I had a chance to step away. We were all allowed to keep drinks handy as it prevented us from leaving the sales floor and slacking off in the break room every hour on the pretense of getting something to drink. Haha

The travel mug kept the stuff cold for long enough that I could drink it. I don't care to add ice to my beverages for the most part.

I currently use Muscle Milk brand shake mix and add it to my almond milk on days when I do intense workouts. There are some others I've tried, but thus far this one's the least terrible in taste. It's made with whey but still lactose free, which is what I need. I try to avoid too many soy products since I hear it can screw with your hormone levels.

AJarvis --

Awesome! Keeping up with exercise is probably the hardest issue for me. I can do really well for a week, sometimes two, and then I get SO bored with my routine that I just stop altogether.

I'm trying something new this month: every time I need to do a cardio workout, I'm going to try to find something new on YouTube, workout DVDs, etc. rather than sticking with the same two or three things I usually do.

You seem to have some good habits in place. Good luck reaching your goal weight!

Thanks! I am, and was during last pregnancy, training for a half marathon in February so it helps with consistency. I will start training over again from the beginning in February for June. I just need to get my eating under control :p

Not a fan of shakes unless it is wholesome fruits/vegs and milk or whatever. Too cold for cold shakes anyways so I will just make do and wait til lunch on days I work. I am still trying to think of healthy alternative that I can maybe suck on in the room like a piece of candy- similar idea to that anyways.

Stats:
Height: 5'6
Starting Weight: 184
Goal Weight: 145

Weigh-ins: Monday
January 5: 183.0
January 12:
January 19:
January 26:
Total for January: +/-

Still not doing a diet or exercise plan, but haven't had any pop this year!

Broke down and had beer and pizza tonight. ALSO had a hard day at work- VERY physically exhausting so skipped them gym. NOT letting this defeat me, back at it tomorrow. We got this, ladies!

Hang in there! We all have bad days, but thankfully we get a "re-do" every morning! lol

That's the attitude, June! Reset today and be kind to yourself. yesterday is done and in the past.

So far I've only had coffee and 2 egg muffins this morning. I thought I was bad with my afternoon yesterday but I guess not because the scale said 188.6 so not too bad. I had chips for my snack (in a bowl- not out of the bag so I did follow portion I guess) and dinner was lasagna and ice cream. I did even let myself have a glass of wine and 2 cups of hot chocolate.

Hi ladies! Do you mind if I join this group?
A little about me: I have been chunky all my life. It caused a lot of teasing that led to emotional eating problems. In high school I finally came out of my shell and started playing soccer. I was still a bit chunky, but with all of the running I was able to keep my weight down significantly. After high school I began to party a lot and started to gain. I settled down a few years ago when I met my husband.Shortly after meeting him I started a biggest loser program, losing about 35 pounds and went from a 18-10 so I was really proud of myself. However, after we got married last year I have been losing and gaining the same 10 pounds over and over. I really want to get past that 10 pounds and keep going instead of gaining it back just to lose it again. Its super annoying! lol I started eating low carb, high protein on Sunday and start at the gym tomorrow. It's been a long time since I have gone to the gym so I am nervous, but I feel like I need that motivation so I can stay on track unlike the past year. Workouts at home just don't work for me. Anywayyy..Hi!!!
Stats:
Height: 5'2
Starting Weight: 203.6
Goal Weight:140

Weigh-ins: Monday
January 5: 203.6
January 12:
January 19:
January 26:
Total for January: +/-

Welcome, Jules8! :)

I can totally relate to losing the same 10 pounds over and over again. I'm stuck at this plateau where I'll get a pound or two below it, then my weight spikes up 5 or more pounds the following week, EVEN IF I stick to my workout and diet plan. It's so aggravating!

Hopefully we can all provide you with some support and encouragement. They say that having people to be accountable to is one of the biggest things that helps folks lose weight!

Glad to have you with us, and good luck! :)

Not a fan of shakes unless it is wholesome fruits/vegs and milk or whatever. Too cold for cold shakes anyways so I will just make do and wait til lunch on days I work. I am still trying to think of healthy alternative that I can maybe suck on in the room like a piece of candy- similar idea to that anyways.

Hot green tea, maybe? That's supposed to be really good for one's metabolism and I've heard it helps suppress the appetite, but I'm not sure about that last bit.

I always chewed sugar free gum like crazy, because it helped curb my urge to snack in between meals. An added bonus: I had fresh breath all the time! lol

Question for ladies who've had a miscarriage. Did you workout during it? Did it make the bleeding worse? Were you advised for or against?

I don't even like tea.

Ajar- no advise here. Never been pregnant so can't say for sure about bleed after mc.

Thanks for the welcome! Accountability is a big motivator for me. I always did better when I have someone to share my good and bad days with.
ajarvis- I am so so sorry for your loss.I would say you could do a light workout. I would avoid any kind of cardio that involves jumping or intense ab work outs, but a walk or some light weights should be ok. I wish I could give you some more advice, but I have never had a miscarriage so I am not positive.
deafgal01-Do you need some breakfast or snack ideas?

Jules- just snack ideas for in my classroom. Something easy and doesn't need to be kept cold or heated up.

I have breakfast figured out- we do egg muffins. I imagine when spring/summer rolls around, we'll do smoothies again for breakfast but for now we'll stick with coffee for me/tea for my spouse and egg muffins for breakfast.

Thanks for the encouragement deafgal- and good on you for portion control on the chips- I have the hardest time putting down food once I start so good on you!

Welcome Jules- you'll have plenty of support and accountability here!

When I M/C'd I didn't feel like doing anything other than laying around with my heating pad. I would say do what your comfortable with, from a medical stand point, it shouldn't make things worse....

Deafgal01-I used to teach so I know how that goes. I used to make some yummy trail mix. Mine consisted of Cheerios(or whatever healthy cereal I had on hand), a small handful of dark chocolate chips, some almonds, and some dried fruit. I could munch on it whenever I had a minute. Protein balls are fun too. You can google and a bunch of recipes will pop up.Usually oats, peanut butter or honey, some raisins or chocolate chips, and then just make little balls. Make a big batch and keep in the freezer or fridge then take a few out and they are good to go. It is very filling. Homemade granola bars is another one.

I ended up going to bed lol. I had a pretty trying day emotionally. I feel much better today. I think I just needed rest. Will still talk to midwife today to see what she says. Just cause I'm curious and there's nothing on google haha

Hugs ajarvis! It was the most devastating thing I have been through thus far :(

Hello Wonderful ladies! Hope everyone is well! Not weighed in latley, but I FEEL slimmer! LOL The Plexus has been great so far! I can for sure tell a difference in the bloat & my energy is up :) Haven't made it to the gym yet, with the funeral stuff, work & getting ready to leave for TCTC with our youth group today...BUT next week its on!!!! Hope everyone has a good weekend!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->