Getting Fit Before Baby

Thanks cupcakestoy! It was horrible. I'm slowly getting better. Last night was bad. But mostly good days now.

I'm fairly certain I'm a pound down this week. And because my body is returning to normal I'm out of my fat pants lol. That alone helped me a ton emotionally this morning. I'd like to be down to my pre pregnancy weight from October before getting pregnant again. Want to start trying in February so need about 1.5-2lbs a week losses in January!

I did the evening relaxing yoga last night (it only required 15 min of my time) so I did that. I guess I shouldn't have been shocked at how much calories was in that pot pie I ate last night for dinner- but no damage done- I checked my weight this morning and it was only 189 so no biggie. I'll go to dance class tonight and pick my dinner choices wisely (nothing fried, nothing with fat in it).

So far today- I ate Dunkin' Donuts for breakfast- my usual medium coffee (no cream, no sugar, just mocha syrup) with a wake up wrap (just a basic one- egg and cheese). Then lunch was carrots with hummus and lasagna. We'll see what I decide to do for dinner- maybe olive garden. I should look up some points/calories info so I can make a good decision or at least plan in a good work out session to balance out the meal. I get to have my ballroom dance lesson tonight.

How's everyone doing with their meals/exercise for today?

So far so good on my diet today. Still mustering up the determination to get some exercise. I have a terrible time sleeping at night, so I'm always exhausted -- but every few days I can get a good routine in. I figure as long as I get my 3x a week I'm doing well -- and I already got 2 days in this week.

Breakfast was 2 eggs and coffee.
Snacks include celery with fat free dressing, almond milk, and boiled eggs
Lunch is a cup of vegetarian chili
For dinner I'm planning on grilled chicken and mushrooms with steamed broccoli on the side.

The scale still hasn't reflected the last of the water weight leaving me so I'm still working on low sodium foods. So far I'm at 1,600mg of sodium when the daily recommended max is 2,300mg, so I think I'm doing pretty well there.

I am a little behind on water at this point, but I still have 8hrs to catch up! Haha

No exercise yesterday. But I cheated "in moderation" lol. Ended up at applebees cause we were going to see the Hobbit and my mom wanted to make a night of it. So had 1 drink. Entree off the "nutritious" menu -490 calories- small popcorn at the movies and no candy. Much better than a typical night would be! Oh and only over on myfitnesspal by 383 calories. Which my maintenance calories are 300 more than what's in there so only over by 83 calories for extra weight gain calories :) Have a run today and a super long one tomorrow planned.

Olive Garden was busy and we were short on time so we opted for a Thai place instead. I only maintained the weight from yesterday- 189.7 so not too bad of a gain (but if comparing to Monday's weight, it's still a loss of like 3 pounds or so). Haven't decided my work out for today yet.

Breakfast was cereal with milk and coffee... We'll see what I do for lunch today- perhaps the rest of my Thai leftovers.

How's everyone holding up with their food and exercise plan today?

Btw, good job aja for eating less than you normally would.

I am not doing well w my work outs. I usually work out in our fitness/laundry room in our apt. Building or at work. However, I went down and it was like 10 degrees. Lol I got through 10 minutes on the stepper and my hands were frozen. I have also had a lot of meetings so exercising there hasn't worked out this week.( I am a supervisor of a group home and they work all day so i get it all to myself) I did find out that my new health plan includes discounted gym memberships..only $25 a month for any gym! It starts February 1st and I am taking full advantage. :)

Yesterday I underate..hard I know. But we ended up in the emergency room because my hubby had a stomach episode.
Breakfast: protein breakfast bar Snack: string cheese lunch: leftover Alfredo pork chops and sautéed spinach snack 2: 2 hard boiled eggs dinner: no dinner :(
Today- Breakfast: protein breakfast bar snack: hard boiled eggs Lunch: Last of the Alfredo pork chops Snack 2: string cheese Dinner will be broccoli and ham quiche.

:hugs: Aw Jules... Today's a new day. You should be able to get in your food today. I'm sorry it's been a bad week for trying to get exercise in and that your spouse was in the er. But that's excellent news on gym membership discount. I wish I had that option.

Ajarvis- Good job making good choices!

Deafgal01- do you weigh daily?

Ireadyermind- vegetarian chili sounds good! I have been in the mood for chili so I'll have to find one without beans. I also forgot about almond milk...so good!

Jules- I do lately. I prob shouldn't but I like knowing if I need to watch my portions in my meals for that day or if it's ok to splurge a little if I get asked to eat out with parents on weekends occasionally. I guess when I don't weigh myself and put the numbers down somewhere, I feel less likely to pay attention to what I'm doing to myself. I don't know if I'm making any sense.

It makes sense! Lol just be careful because the only issue I ran into is that a lot of time I didn't see the gain for 2 days after my cheat day so just be careful. Sounds like you are doing well at being aware. :)

Thanks Jules! That's a great price for a gym membership!

I got a 7.5km run in the snow in today :) -9 here with a windchill of -14. So much better than my last one at -26 haha

Ireadyermind- vegetarian chili sounds good! I have been in the mood for chili so I'll have to find one without beans. I also forgot about almond milk...so good!

lol -- well I'm glad I gave you some ideas! :p

I have some serious lactose intolerance issues (since birth! Ugh), and with all the horror stories you hear about soy screwing up hormones, I try to avoid it when I can. THAT's hard, because just about every health product has soy in it, when it doesn't have dairy!

DH and I tried this vegetarian protein shake mix a few weeks ago... Purely Inspired brand, I think, and it was... ew. So, so nasty. It had this faint mustard-like flavor to it no matter what we added (imagine mustard flavored chocolate milk?), and never mind just adding some to my almond milk and calling it good! We used it for 3 or 4 days, then found a lactose free whey isolate to use instead. Thank goodness. lol

---

Didn't do too well on food today. We had breakfast at a local diner. I did manage to order a small entree rather than some kind of giant, 3-egg omelette the size of my shoe -- lol, and then DH and I skipped lunch, we were so full. lol

I did have a large frap from Starbucks a little bit ago, too. Eep!

At least we'll be doing something with grilled chicken for dinner tonight. That seems to be the old stand-by, and it's pretty healthy! lol

Exercise was basically all the walking we got in while running errands today.

Note: I'll be on vacation for the next several days, ladies! Won't be able to weigh in on Monday and likely won't be on the forums at all, since DH and I are celebrating our birthdays together and will be focused on stuff besides internet access for the duration. Good luck for Monday and I'll see you all when I get back! :hugs:

have fun iready! Birthdays are so fun to celebrate!!! and vacation is good too!

wow ajarvis you're a rock star- way to go!

have fun on vacay iread! and keep up the good work ladies.

AFM- I put my strict dieting and rigorous exercise on a brief hold as I found out yesterday morning I am pregnant! Pretty crazy- this is my first ever pregnancy and I estimate I am near the end of 5 weeks. So I will keep up the healthy eating and regular workouts but they won't be so focused on getting super lean haha.

Any mommies have good workout ideas for the first trimester?

Thanks! It comes with living in Calgary AB haha.

18K this morning :) Don't want to move this afternoon lmao.

littlejune while pregnant I continue as usual at a bit lower intensity. I find that's forced anyways as you get further along. First tri when you feel nasty, and tired etc. just get done what you can and take care of you!

Sorry I have been MIA ladies! BUSY weekend with our kiddos, but what a blessed time as we saw hundreds of teens get saved, 6 of our own!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hope everyone has great results with the scales today! AFM....I can't believe it, but I've dropped 6 pounds this week!!!!:dance::dance: All I can tell you is this is my 1st full week on Plexus, & I have ate more fiber & protein, increased my water & decreased my carbs. I did walk ALOT this weekend as well! Super excited about my loss, but am realistic in knowing I won't lose as much each week, but I can feel my dedication & motivation growing! lol

Hi Ladies! Hope you all are well!

ireadyermind, I hope you have a lovely vacation :)

I had AF visiting last week, so I was a bit bloated mid-week, but it seemed to sort itself out over the weekend. Overall, I did quite well with my diet. I have a ski holiday coming up in a couple of weeks, so I'm really looking forward to that :)

I weighed in this morning and am down 2,5 kg (that's about 5,5 pounds). So excited for a big loss this week (of course it means next week's loss will likely be pretty small, but I'll take it anyway!).

Good luck to everyone weighing in today; I hope the scales are nice to you all.

Great job Mrs. T!!! I'm like you & don't expect a big loss next week, but at least I'm finally heading in the right direction lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->