Getting Fit Before Baby

Ursaula - Do you know about Wondfo OPKs? It's $33 for 100 OPKS and they throw in 20 HPTs as well. Not bad at all! Much less expensive than using the "traditional" sticks, digital OPKs or whatnot, since it's like $30 for TEN of the digital kind. Haha

Cupcake - Excited to see those test results! FXd!

Fern - I feel like my body was gearing up to ovulate and couldn't. My OPKs got very faint, my temps dropped, and I'm kind of in limbo right now. Grr! I had ovary pains and everything the other day, and that almost-positive OPK was such a good sign. Now, nothing. Booo!

But I'm still not "late" for O, because my average is around CD 21 and today I'm at CD 18, so there's still time! DH and I are still BDing EOD, so that our bases are covered. FXd I don't have another crazy late ovulation!

Fern- I didn't have any symptoms of ovulating this weekend but I'm trying to optimistic that my temp jump today is because I ovulated. We'll see tomorrow if the temp stays high. We did bd this weekend a couple times BUT I didn't do the usual lay down for awhile to wait for the swimmers to make their journey. I laid down maybe 10 mins each time. Then went to the bathroom. A big no no! But it's ok. I'll honestly just be so thrilled if I ovulate.

Iready-I hope you ovulate soon! Keep us updated.

Mrs. Green: My doctor doesn't want me to have a baby, he's been pushing a hysterectomy and thinks it will ruin my life :( It was an ob/gyn I saw in a different province that diagnosed me with PCOS because my doctor is so useless.

Fern: Thanks! I'm hoping to find SOMETHING with this ultrasound. Fingers crossed for hitting the O! Don't think how much you miss him but more how lucky you are to be with your now hubby :)

IRYM: Whaaat!? Where do you get Wondfo opk? Fx'd your O hurry ups too!

Cupcake: :(

AFM: I've started taking the steps to get an actual job (finally). It's almost been a year since my last "legit" job. I have a meeting tomorrow to get help with it all.

Cupcake- sorry she got you!

Urs- your doctor doesn't want you because of health issues? Either way that's just ridiculous. Can you change doctors? I hope you get answers soon and hopefully you can regulate your cycle. Have you thought of any natural remedies, like acupuncture or herbs?

Cupcake - oh no, not the news I was hoping for. :( Hugs!

Ursaula - why on earth is your doctor trying to push a hysterectomy on you? You are still quite young if I remember correctly? Are there any other doctors close to you that you can maybe move to? Thanks hun; I can't tell ANYONE irl that I miss him, I probably won't talk to him again for years. It's just kind of a wistful feeling that I wish things didn't end so badly between us (it was a really horrifically tragic time for both of us that caused us to split, won't go into details). Oh well I won't act on it or anything. We don't even see each other, ever.

IRYM - you go girl, well done on keeping up with that bd schedule!

MrsGreen - I'm stalking your chart and hoping you did/do indeed ovulate this cycle.

So I am 99,99% certain that I ovulated. Either yesterday or this morning. I had the temp dip yesterday but major O pains today & having ALL the classic symptoms. Whatever cramps I had on cd13 was clearly something else. Hm so far so good for a more normal cycle. Now begins the dreaded tww! (Just very happy not to have a cycle with 3 weeks of spotting like December :thumbup:)

Ursula - what does he mean having a baby will ruin your life?? I understand a doctor wanting someone to wait until they are healthy enough for pregnancy/motherhood. But then there should be a Plan to get them there. Hysterectomy isn't an answer for that!

Fern - every once and a while I think back to my ex before I got married and miss qualities about him. I think that's a pretty normal thing when you've had hx with someone. I haven't talked to him in 3+ years but I know my dad and brother do which still kind of annoys me.

Cupcake- I'm sorry af showed up.

AFM - I'm having a hell of a time trying to switch obgyns they are suppose to be getting back to me on Thursday so they can send all of my information to my new doctors office. I hate the rude people that work in my old office.

Mrs. Green: My doctor doesn't want me to have kids because I have depression, anxiety, and borderline personality disorder, and he feels it will ruin my life and routines I've developed if I had a kid and that I'm not ready for one, nor does he feel I ever will be.

I tried taking maca root for 6 months and it did nothing...so when I was last admitted into hospital (because I was sick) I had a different doctor and explained about my cycle and they put me on metformin. My current doctor is just writing the prescription hoping to prove to me I can't have kids. He's refusing to increase it from 500mg.

Fern: To be honest with all of you I'm only 20 years old. I've tried to not tell anyone on here in fear of everyone saying "You're way too young" or other negative things, but I feel you gals are my friends. Again, my doctor is pushing a hysterectomy because he just doesn't want me to have kids with my issues. All the doctors in my area that are currently taking new patients are USELESS. I tried to see one of them and they told me they weren't interested in my "case" so I should search elsewhere. There is a new female doctor right in the same clinic as my current one...thinking of switching to her.

Yay ovulation! Fx'd for you!

Swimmy: He doesn't want added stress in my life but I've never been so sure of anything in my life! He's super unhelpful :(

I'm hoping the switch for your ob/gyn gets easier :)

Urs- I can't believe you are being treated like someone that the drs have given up on, that's appalling! We all deserve to be treated with compassion. Hun PLEASE don't have a hysterectomy at age 20 unless it is literally a matter of life and death! If you feel like giving in to that suggestion just come on here and we'll talk you out of it. It's not as if at age 20 anyone's mental health is set in stone, humans have many living years to grow, learn, adapt, experience life and become stronger people after all. No-one should EVER just write someone else off as a useless case! I'm so angry to read the things that your dr has been telling you. I wish I could give you a hug!! Hope you get in with the new dr and get your pcos under control and your cycles straightened out. Don't all women deserve a dr who is willing to try that for them at least!??
Sorry for carrying on but people like that really get under my skin.... xx

Swimmy- in the same breath I also hope you get your new ob-gyn sorted and that you will feel comfortable &safe in your care during the rest of your pregnancy.

Hugs!

Fern: Thank you, I have the ultrasound coming up because of that other doctor as well, not even because my own doctor ordered it. I'm finally feeling done with my doctor and actually just made a call to a public health nurse who had previously offered to set me up with an ob/gyn. Just waiting to get a phone call back and figure things out.

And don't worry about the hysterectomy thing! He's been pushing it on me since I was 18 because it has been proven (in my family anyway) that with a hysterectomy it gets rid of the hormones fluctuating and eliminates depression. I think I would be MORE depressed not being able to have kids than I am right now!

Big hug!

Urs- that is absolutely crazy! I'm glad you've decided not to do it. And don't be ashamed of your age when I started trying I was 23 so not much older but I feel the same that people would judge. Truly it's none of their business. And yes switch doctors! Just because you have mental health problems doesn't mean being a mother would ruin your life. I have a friend who has similar issues and is an amazing mother to 3 kids!

Ursaula - Wow, he's pushing a hysterectomy on you at 20? Ridiculous! I hate it when physicians don't work to help you reach your goals, and instead just keep trying to get you to do what THEY want. What doctor doesn't want his/her patient to get healthier and realize their dreams? Sigh.

Along with everyone else, I say you need to find a doctor who's willing to work WITH you, not against you.

Also, the Wondfo OPKs and HPTs are sold on Amazon and Ebay. :)

Cupcake - Booo, AF strikes again! :hugs: Sorry to hear that.

Fern - I'm gonna wear DH out with all this BDing! ;)

Thank you all for being so supportive! I spoke with the public health nurse and she put in a referral for me with one of the new female ob/gyn. I should hear something by no later than mid-February with an appointment for end of March/beginning of April she said. I can't wait!

I still feel "different". I know my tests were negative but what are the chances it just didn't register yet? I don't know whether to start Metformin again or not (doctor had me go off of it thinking I was pregnant). What would you gals do?

Also, thanks IRYM! I definitely need to get some Wondfo now! Hehe.

I think do what makes you feel comfortable. With a negative blood chances are pretty low you're pregnant but don't start it if you feel uncomfortable.

Ursaula - THAT IS INSANE!!! I really hope you can get in to see this other doctor. They had you go off the metformin due to pregnancy? Our fertility doc has me stay on it until 8 weeks. if you have pcos they sometimes keep you on it for the entire pregnancy and studies have been done to show it decreases a risk of MC. I would say get back on it even though 500 really isn't enough to do what you need it to do. 1500-2000mg is. (also 20 is not too young lol no judgement here)

Sending you lots of hugs

Urs- So sorry your Dr. Is a quack! I don't understand why he thinks he can push his ridiculous opinions on you or anyone for that matter! PCOS can be managed with weight loss & metformin! Standard dose is 1500mg(500 3x/day) sometimes higher. I'm sorry, but with a negative blood test, your not pregnant. Sorry sister. It sucks!

Fern- I hate to admit it lol but I had a fleeting moment while helping my folks move last week...it ended rather quickly tho. I do believe we will always wonder/mourn what "could" have been......so happy I'm where I am with my hobby now tho! No turning back!

Irym-fx'd that you O soon & poordh gets some time to re-coop lol

Mrs. G-Did you say you have pcos? Sorry can't remember

Swimmy-hope you find an ob you like soon!

Afm-been super crazy busy! D's came home Monday & it was such a blessing to him & us!
I had been exhausted & weirdly about a week ago, my joints & arm muscles started aching & gradually got worse. I could raise my arms without pain! Weirdly enough it stopped completely the day after I stopped my progesterone! Did some research & sure enough, its a side effect :/
I've decided to take a couple months off ALL meds! Im just tired of this yo+yo thing. I need time to let my body rest & I need to focus on losing weight. I've gained back the 3# :( dang peanut butter m&ms!!!!!

Urs- I agree do what you are comfortable with, but it sounds like a good idea to start metformin again (my sister was on a high dose throughout both her pregnancies). And as cupcake said with a negative test you are probably not pregnant. Sending you hugs!

I'm going to see my dr very early tomorrow morning to discuss surgery, eeekkk!!!

Nope no pcos here. Just haven't ovulated since my mc nov 6th. But I've had still regular cycles (29 days) so if I don't ovulate this month I think I'll email my doc. But I don't think she'll do anything. I'm actually starting to worry at this point.

Thanks gals, just a bit of hopeful thinking, haha!

Thanks Swimmy for the information, too!

Fx'd for you, Fern! Can't wait to hear the news :)

I started taking my 500mg of metformin. Tempted to get some progesterone cream and vitex like some of you have suggested. Might wait until my ultrasound is done though so I know exactly what I'm facing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->