Getting Fit Before Baby

Hi everyone :flower:

I've been following this thread since the start and wow ladies, well done to all of you for striving to live healthier, fitter lives.

I've been on clomid from August last year and have picked up a lot of weight (for my frame) since then. I do believe the clomid is at least partially to blame for that gain, as I hadn't changed my eating habits. I'm just waiting out this cycle (AF should be here on Friday unless I get a surprise bfp), and would then like to join your thread, if that's OK :). I need the accountability!!

If I'm not pregnant then I am going to take a proper break from clomid and ttc for a few cycles and definitely want to work on getting fit, losing weight and getting healthier. For self-esteem issues as well as for my overall health. I have hypothyroidism as well as endo; so I want to incorporate dietary plans to help my body cope with those 2 problems as well.

In the meantime I'm stalking!! xx:winkwink:

Welcome Fern! I gained a lot on meds & m/c too. Goodluck on your wt. Loss!

Weighed in this morning and 189.5 :wohoo: So total for last week was about 4 pounds lost. I only ended up exercising at the gym one day last week, yoga evening routine one night last week, and ballroom dance two days last week. So I guess overall, I did get more active in general than I usually am. :shrug:

This week's plan of action, keep watching portion sizes and hopefully increase my amount of exercise (or if nothing else, find ways to walk off the pounds). How's everyone doing with their weigh in today?

Stats:
Height: 5'2
Starting Weight:203.6

Weigh-ins:
January 5:203.6
January 12:199.6
January 19:
January 26:
Total for January: +/- 4

Things I struggled with this week: Working out! I did not work out 1 day and I know I could have lost more if I had. I am forcing myself to dedicate at least 30 minutes 4 days to do some kind of exercise this week.

Things I did well this week: I ate strictly to my plan with no cheat meal/day. I want to continue to go as long as I can. I have a wedding this weekend so I will allow myself to enjoy the festivities, but not go overboard.

cupcakestoy- What an amazing blessing for those kids and for all of the people that helped them reach that decision. Such an amazing thing! Congrats on you loss, that is really great! Kepp up the great work! :)
MrsTigger- Congrats on your BFP!

fern- Welcome! We are here to help you on this journey and support you through it!

deafgal- 4 pounds is awesome!!! So exciting!!

Stats:
Height: 5'2
Starting Weight:203.6

Weigh-ins:
January 5:203.6
January 12:199.6
January 19:
January 26:
Total for January: +/- 4

Things I struggled with this week: Working out! I did not work out 1 day and I know I could have lost more if I had. I am forcing myself to dedicate at least 30 minutes 4 days to do some kind of exercise this week.

Things I did well this week: I ate strictly to my plan with no cheat meal/day. I want to continue to go as long as I can. I have a wedding this weekend so I will allow myself to enjoy the festivities, but not go overboard.

cupcakestoy- What an amazing blessing for those kids and for all of the people that helped them reach that decision. Such an amazing thing! Congrats on you loss, that is really great! Kepp up the great work! :)
MrsTigger- Congrats on your BFP!

fern- Welcome! We are here to help you on this journey and support you through it!

deafgal- 4 pounds is awesome!!! So exciting!!

Wow, 4 pounds lost is a great job.

I didn't get a BFP, though I wish I had. You must have meant someone else :hugs:

I got you mixed up with littlejune, my apologies. Good job on your loss as well!!!

Great work everyone! Congrats on the losses. I did not step on the scale this morning as the witch arrived last night, so I knew better than to weigh this morning!

But I doubt I lost any anyhow. I didn't work as hard as I should have last week, and am going to really work on my consistency this week, particularly with exercise. It's tough because I work 9-10 hour days plus about 1.5 hours total commuting time, I can be away from home up to 12 hours a day, 5 days a week. By the time I get home I'm wiped out and need to figure out what to make for dinner, and sometimes still have more work to do. The very LAST thing I want to do is exercise with my free hour or two, but I know I need to just do it.

Down 3 lbs today ladies :)

Stats:
Height: 5'3
Starting Weight: 169.5
Goal Weight:150

Weigh-ins: Monday
January 5: 169.5
January 12: 166
January 19:
January 26:
Total for January: -3.5

Ajarvis- With all that is going on right now that is a pretty great loss! Good job!

I am so glad for this group. It really does help me feel more self-conscious of my health decisions knowing that I am being held somewhat accountable by weighing in.

Everyone is doing great so far!

Got a 20 min workout in this morning, and I have run club to look forward to this afternoon :)

I'm loving everyone's momentum this week. :) I'm feeling a lot more motivated than I have been. Last cycle TTC was really stressful for me and I was just a mess. I am going to take a break from TTC (which makes me a bit nervous in my 30s) and just focus on prepping my body and my life for baby.

So far I'm doing a better job at exercising and eating smaller portions this week. I got in good exercise Sunday, Monday, and plan to tonight as well. Tonight will be HIIT after work and hopefully DH will join me.

:hi: Hope you all are doing great this week!

I didn't get in any exercises so far this week but I definitely count my steps- I get more steps in lately walking around at work and going to places so I guess that helps because it means I'm being more active. Bonus- this Saturday I'm going out to eat with my girlfriends for lunch, and dinner with my guy so I will have to plan for my Saturday to make sure I minimize the possibility of going over my calories/points. I track my food on WW the past couple days to help me see what I'm eating that could be better "choice" than what I ate already.

I'm not too hungry tonight. Spouse had dinner at chick-fil-a and that sounded good but I didn't have any on the way home and the other options were fast food but I didn't feel like splurging my points if I plan to eat out Saturday (flex points being saved for that in case). So I opted for my popcorn instead (been a while since I had my popcorn and I have them air popped- and melt 1 tbsp butter to put on it) so I do eat as healthy as possible with my snacks on occasion when I think about it. Trying to decide if I want my wine or if I want ice cream or something else or am I just happy not having more tonight.

MissDoc I am focusing for this month on getting back down to where I was before I got pregnant in October. So trying not to think of TTC until next month! Give the mind a break too. I hope you had a good HIIT session!

Deafgal I too find tracking helps be aware of what you're eating - especially snacking on! I use myfitnesspal.

I got my second workout in yesterday - 6KM run in the evening! Will be going out tonight as well. Not sure how far - probably 5 or 6K though. Not doing anything this morning. Needed some sleep!

Deafgal-- Way to go on the iron will power! That is awesome. I hope you enjoy Saturday. :) I need to get back to tracking my steps... that reminds me, I should charge my fitbit!

AJarvis-- Two workouts in a day? Way to go! Yeah, taking a break can be really helpful sometimes. TTC can be pretty stressful!

Good job on the losses, everyone!
I weighed in on Monday at 181.2, so down a little. Still not doing anything diet or exercise related, but i have just been diagnosed with pcos, so I'm going to try inositol which may end up helping me lose weight.

How's everyone's day going? Mine's going good. I just realized one other motivator I have for losing weight... I see myself in videos a lot more lately... Ick! I don't look too bad but I can feel better about my looks if I would look more toned I guess. I've been making more signing videos to demonstrate ASL for my students and families I am a Deaf Mentor for. But I am having a good day so far. I could prob fit in some exercise this evening at some point.

Got 5K in last night. Slept in this morning. Sore, tired body. Tired mind. So ready for Friday. It's my Birthday so I'm debating on doing a birthday run or taking a day off cause it's my Birthday.... Torn lol

Good Morning ladies :) Hope everyone is having a better week than I am! Been a crazy stressful week, but I have stuck to my plan. Not got to do but a couple days of actual activity tho :/ Good news is at least my weight hasn't gone, holding steady....Hoping since I'm off for the next 3 days I can get some exercise in & drop a couple of pounds before weigh in....

So I weighed in this morning because I wanted to know where I was before the weekend. Only .6 down from Monday..I have been doing sooo good! I know its still something, but I am clearly doing something wrong or it would be more. I have drastically cut my carb, sugar, and calorie intake. I even worked out 2 days.

I did look at what I have been drinking and I don't think I have been drinking enough water. I noticed I have been drinking more crystal light than I probably should be...my plan is to strictly drink water unless I really need a sip of something different.

I will be gone all weekend for a wedding so I know I won't be able to stay on plan like I would like to, though I promised myself I am not going to go crazy.

Wish me luck that I don't gain back everything I have lost in the past 2 weeks!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->