Getting Fit Before Baby

Yay Green for a great goal! You can definitely do it!!

Maybe we should start doing again what we did @ the beginning of the thread: post your weight loss every Monday as well as what you did RIGHT and what you struggled with.

And keep each other motivated; yep for sure.

Oh I love that idea fern! Monday weigh in and if you have a goal put down how much you've lost and how much to your goal or something like that

I have to give credit where it's due; it was IRYM 's idea way back when the thread started. But after a while we stopped doing it; inertia!!

I will def do it with you and whoever else wants to xx

Clearly this is a freaking long tww I'm posting, reading and on Google way too much!

I'm game! My goal is of course to lose 40 pounds by August 29th, 50 would be wonderful too! I know its a lot, but I figure 40-50 pounds in 5 months is doable.....Let's get it!

I love the energy everyone's feeling!!!
Cupcake you can definitely do it. I've lost 20kg in 6 months 5 years ago and was not eating as healthy as I am now, nor doing HIIT (long story...) so with your eating plan and exercising it's definitely doable.

My goal for now is to maintain my weight at 121 pounds at least until I know if I have bfp this month or not. Then in April lose max 2-4 pounds and carry on with moderate exercise to maintain a healthy body before IVF.

If ivf fails, once we decide to stop ttc I want to lose 7-8 more pounds :) and be reeeeaaaallllyyyy skinny! :) but I will plan it out if I get there.

Hi Sassy you are so welcome!
Tell us a bit about yourself and your ttc/weight loss/fitness goals story :)

ETA: thanks AGAIN Green for the toneitup website link. I just finished the bikini kettlebell workout; have been doing combo's of those with other HIIT exercises and I LOVE how they go to all the trouble of compiling exercises to target all the different muscle groups. And then lots of it is downloadable for free yay. I don't even have kettlebells but just do the exercises with old 2,5 kg and 5 kg weights. When we were away for the long weekend I did the routines with a 2L bottle filled with water - hey it weighs a bit more than 2kg so good enough lol.

Green I also wanted to ask you just for interest sake - are your ovaries painful/crampy when you do your workouts now that they are getting Clomid-stimulated? I had that happen to me once or twice (on clomid) and wondered how many other ladies experience it. I'm so excited for this cycle for you hun :)

We definitely need to get back to weekly weigh-ins and goals, I'm glad you gals are ready to get back to that routine!

Everyone please make an updated post that contains ONLY the info for the tracker. This will be your new goal tracker and is the one you will come back to and edit for the duration of your weight loss journey.

Remember: do not make a new post for every weigh-in, come back to your tracker post to make updates there, please!

I will put a link to your tracker post in the FIRST post of this thread so that everyone can follow along and reference it easily.

Here's the tracker post template and exercise info:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ttc-groups/2264187-getting-fit-before-baby.html#post34419995

Also, if you haven't downloaded MyFitnessPal, please consider doing so! It's a free app, and we can help keep each other accountable with eating and exercise through that app, as well as giving encouragement, "Likes" and so on.

I may start posting weekly/monthly contests with "prizes" (probably little badges you can put in your signature!) for the winners. Thoughts?

Fern- I haven't been working out :( so idk. Lol but I'm getting some weird feelings lately so I think I would if I was working out.

----------------------------------------------
IREADYERMIND'S GOALS & STATS POST

Stats:
Height: 5' 9''
Starting Weight: 275lbs (just an estimate - my scale's batteries chose this week to die! haven't bought new ones yet)
Goal Weight: 180lbs
MyFitnessPal Username: iReadYerMind

Goals:
Lose 8 - 10 lbs by: May 1, 2016
Fit into size 18 pants by: May 1, 2016

My Plan:
- Approx 1,400 cals/day
- Low carb foods, plenty of fresh or steamed veggies and grilled meats
- 2+ liters of water every day
- 1 cup of coffee per day only
- 15 mins of cardio, 5 days a week (to start. will increase as I build up consistency)

Weigh-ins:
April 3 2016: 275
April 10 2016: 274.2
April 18 2016: 274.0
April 25 2016: 274.2
---------------------------
TOTAL LOSS: .8 pounds

Things I struggled with this month: During the last week of the month, I had a hard time sticking to my diet. I was tired of cooking, and I was dealing with an arm injury that made EVERYTHING difficult (imagine being right-handed and unable to use your right hand for anything!), so cooking was an even bigger chore for me. It was just easier to order takeout instead of eating healthy. And in those last few days, I drank more coffee than water because I was feeling so run down. Yikes.

Things I did well this month: I really stuck to my workout for the most part this month. I'm proud of that. DH and I went walking pretty regularly, especially on weekends. We even went to the mall and walked around indoors (safer than walking outside at night, plus it's air conditioned!) for about 30 minutes. I did really well with my food intake for the first 3 weeks, so I need to find a way to keep up with it for the full month instead of 3 out of 4 weeks.

Onward to May!

-------------
MAY 2016
-------------

Weigh-ins:

Starting Weight: 274.2
May 2: 270.6
May 9: 276.6 (ugh, ovulation bloat!)
May 16: 275.8
May 23: 273.6
May 30: 274.2
------------------------------
TOTAL LOSS: 0

Things I struggled with this month: Carb cravings. SO MANY OF THEM! And I was always so exhausted that I couldn't work out. I just had no energy even to do simple things around the house.

Things I did well this month: Drinking plenty of water, eating healthy breakfasts and snacks instead of junk food.

-------------
JUNE 2016
-------------
Weigh-ins:

Starting Weight: 274.2 (Week 1 on Metformin)
June 6: 276.8
June 13: 275.0
June 20: 278.4 (Ovulation Bloat, as expected)
June 27: 278.0 (Week 4 on Metformin, full 2000mg dose this week!)
------------------------------

Things I did well this month: Drinking enough water, cutting back on sweets
Things I struggled with this month: Cooking dinner at home, getting workouts done

-------------
JULY 2016
-------------
Starting Weight: 278.0
July 3: 277.4
July 10: 274.0
July 17: 278.0 (Ovulation bloat... again)
July 24: 278.5
July 31: 278.8
----------------------------

Things I did well this month: Watching what I eat, cutting back on carbs
Things I struggled with this month: Getting enough water! Urf

AUGUST 2016
--------------------
August 1: 278.8
August 8: 276.8
August 15: 276.8
August 22:
August 29:
---------------------
TOTAL LOSS: N/A

Things I did well this month:
Things I struggled with this month:

Okay, there's my stat's post, above! It will now be posted up as a link in the very first post in this thread so I know how to get back to it and update it!

Please do the same for your posts, ladies, and let me know so I can post a link!

MRS:GREEN2015'S GOALS & STATS POST

Stats:
Height: 5' 5''
Starting Weight: 260lbs (approx)
Goal Weight: 180lbs
MyFitnessPal Username:
Michellerenee530

Goals:
Lose 20 lbs by: June 1, 2016

My Plan:
- Low carb foods, with my only carbs being complex carbs no simple carbs
-following the "Day off Diet" by Dr.Oz
-Work out a minimum of 5 times a week which includes running 3 miles a week

Weigh-ins:
April 3 2016: 252
April 10 2016:
April 17 2016:
April 24 2016:

Working out! I just can't get motivated

Things I did well this month:
Eating smaller portions when out rather than eating the whole thing

Thanks Mrs. Green! :) Your post now is now linked to the first post in the thread. Make sure you come back to this post for all weigh-ins and updates in the future. :)

I will! I'm super excited! Can't wait to see the scale go down for all of us.

Will do some time this weekend thanks hun. Date night tonight and family wedding tomorrow but I will get round to it :)

Stats:
Height: 5' 2''
Starting Weight: 244lbs
Goal Weight: 190lbs
MyFitnessPal Username:

Goals:
Lose 40-50 lbs by: August 29, 2016 before our IVF consult

My Plan:
-Calorie counting, whole foods
-Walking 2-4 miles at least 3-5 days a week, in addition to push mowing 1-2 days a week & general farm labor as needed lol

Weigh-ins:
April 3 2016: 240 (-4#)
April 10 2016: 239 (-1#)
April 17 2016: 237 (-2#)
April 24 2016: 235 (-2#)

Total loss for April- 9 pounds!

Water & weekend eating!

Things I did well this month: Portion control & moving more!!!

May 2: N/A
May 9: 239
May 16: 239
May 23: 238
May 30:

I'm 33. Got married 10/11/14. Just started taking prenatals Feb 28th this year! Never been pregnant. I'm 5'1 and started the year at 161. Today I was 152.6. I'll be happy in the low 140s, but for my height I'm supposed to be no more than 132. Very hard. Ideally I'd like to drop the weight and try to get pregnant earliest June. However, I was expected AF March 22nd (latest possibly the 28th) and no sign of her... I've taken 3 tests (last one was on the 20th) all BFNs. I made an appt for Monday. I'm pretty I'm not pregs bc I have NO symptoms and the timing for the BD doesn't make sense. I've only not ovulated once about 5 years ago so not sure what is going on. I will retest Monday morning, but it's really hard (as you all know) I get my hopes up (even though we weren't even trying- I guess I have baby fever). It's so crushing to see the bfn, makes you question yourself and your body.

Cupcake - Thank you! Your goals chart now is now linked to in the first post in this thread. Make sure you come back to this post for all weigh-ins and updates in the future. :)

SassyV - Welcome, welcome! You're just in time to join us for our 2016 goals and challenges! :) If you'd like to join in on that, please post a chart template (find the template here: template ) with your info filled in, and I will add a link for you in the first post in this thread.

We're super happy to have you here with us!

It sounds like AF is being terrible to you this week. :dohh: Don't you just hate it when you think you have it all figured out, and then you're late for no apparent reason? Blech! I hope you find out what's going on, one way or another.

Do you use Wondfos (you may also hear 'em referred to as "internet cheapies") pregnancy tests? Have you heard of them before? If not, we highly recommend them. They're only a few cents a piece as opposed to paying $8+ for a single test, and they're very accurate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->