Getting Fit Before Baby

Ok hehe no pressure everyone :) I haven't even had the guts to TAKE pics yet lol!

LoL I hate to say, but I'm out on the pics too! Might not be too bad if it was just us gals on here, but with this being a public thread...ummm no...I do compare pics on my own though & its a good thing! Needless to say if I got down to my "ideal" weight it still would not be a pretty sight :/ lmbo

Swimmy - Just go back to your stats post you made earlier (if you're having trouble finding it, just click your link on the first page!) and then hit Edit at the bottom of your post. That's it! :)

When my DH gets sick, he's usually a big party pooper too. Not that I can blame him, no one likes feeling sick, but honestly -- he was well enough to attend a convention on Saturday and help his sword fighting group with demos and sparring, but suddenly on Sunday if I asked him to do anything, he was super bent out of shape about it, and "too sick" and whatnot. It's also the second time he's used "I don't feel well" to get out of mowing the lawns.

I don't know if I've mentioned, but I'm ridiculously allergic to grass. Like, throat closes up, hands swell so bad I can't make a fist, eyes streaming like mad... So I can't mow the grass myself, or it'd be done every weekend like clockwork! Sigh. Considering hiring a gardener. I hate having the crummiest lawn on the block, it's embarrassing!

Fern - Recipe alert! I saw these and thought of you: Sweet potato brownies!

https://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/super-sweet-potato-brownies.html?t=FB

Edit to add --

(TMI warning!)

All of a sudden this morning: Holy EWCM, Batman! I haven't seen this much EWCM in actual years, and then the cycle I stop taking vitamins, stop using OPKs, stop temping, stop everything, I suddenly have globs and globs of it today.

This is making me want to TTC this month even though DH and I were on a temporary break! What on earth would cause such a wild change in CM like that? None of the supplements I had been taking were meant to change CM at all. I didn't even take chasteberry/vitex, no soy isoflavones, no multi vitamins... My body is so confusing. Haha

Maybe I'll keep up the "don't take a single supplement" routine and hopefully will see this kind of EWCM next cycle?

Irym- don't you just love our bodies? Lol never is consistent.

How's everyone doing? I've been terrible on eating these last couple days. Even DH made a remark last night like "why are you so hungry?" In my defense I kept saying "8' hungry" walk in the kitchen and then walk out. He probably thought I was snacking when I wasn't lol

Oh on the Ttc front! I for my positive opk! Woot woot!

Irym-you get an abundance....mine was MIA? Go figure lol I'd be tempted to try too.....;)

Mrs. G-ive been more hungry, but I've started trying to drink a glass of water when it hits, if I'm still hungry I've been doing low carb or at least something healthy! Its tough!
Afm- I had my "cheat" meal today....Chinese :/ but I didn't do rice or lomein. Tried to stay away from breaded & fried, but did get some hot pepper chicken.....oh well at least they didn't have coconut chicken! LoL I did cave & ate a sister Schubert roll with the take out tho, but keep telling myself I did ok, since I push mowed an hour & half today...

The good thing about eating right is that it's okay to splurge if you're doing extra exercise to make up for it. And you can also try to cut out an extra 100 calories or so tomorrow to help make up the difference.

Overall you want your weekly calorie count to hit a certain number. That takes all your daily variances into account and allows you a little more flexibility. Try not to stress over one day, gals! :)

Yeah I agree cheat meals are important. Otherwise it's too hard to stick to stuff, at least for me. Just try to make up for it if you can to balance it out.

I've done really well lately. The goal to do IVF soon is a huge motivator. They had donuts and cookies at work the past two mornings and I just walked by. I love the saying someone else said on here to ask yourself how you'll feel if you cheat. If you know you'll be mad at yourself, just move on.

I am really bad about getting enough water so I really need to focus on that somehow. Also I've not been in the mood for many veggies this week. Nothing sounds appealing. I might need to try some seasonings or something to make them more appealing.

IRYM - our bodies are fascinating and so confusing sometimes.

Yeah I agree cheat meals are important. Otherwise it's too hard to stick to stuff, at least for me. Just try to make up for it if you can to balance it out.

I've done really well lately. The goal to do IVF soon is a huge motivator. They had donuts and cookies at work the past two mornings and I just walked by. I love the saying someone else said on here to ask yourself how you'll feel if you cheat. If you know you'll be mad at yourself, just move on.

I am really bad about getting enough water so I really need to focus on that somehow. Also I've not been in the mood for many veggies this week. Nothing sounds appealing. I might need to try some seasonings or something to make them more appealing.

IRYM - our bodies are fascinating and so confusing sometimes.
I've been adding Chia seeds & crystal light to my water, took me a little to get used to the texture(kinda like tomato seeds) but now I don't notice or mind lol I work home health so water is always a challenge to me! I don't feel bad about a cheat meal or an occasional treat, but try to plan ahead to prevent over indulgences :)

IRYM - What is tmi when it comes to ttc? Non-existent lol. Now I wish you would ttc this cycle. For science ;).

I agree 1 cheat meal a week is fine; it comes down to 4 meals out of the 80-90 meals you eat per month! A small cheat is better than a large cheat or binge weekend though (says me who had a binge weekend with wedding and then lots of alcohol & snacks on Sunday because "let's get drunk one last time before IVF"!)

I'm back on track though, just haven't done a workout since AF hit on Sunday because this has been one HECTIC horrible AF so far. I was even off work yesterday and Monday! Might try to start the workouts again tomorrow then I'll only have missed 4 workout days including the weekend.

I love water and drink tonnes & also cups and cups of black Rooibos tea (anti-oxidant and super healthy).

Don't you eat coconut Cupcake?

Bronte - I just have to force down the veggies too sometimes... It helps me personally if I add chilies from the garden or garlic or even olive oil on top. But I don't eat any seasoning or anything out of a packet/sauce bottle/tin can atm so yeah my food is quite boring. I'm having loads of fresh chilies tonight in my stirfry just for a change of scenery :)

Hhmm...I've heard a lot of good things about coconut oil lately. I'll definitely have to try it. Thanks!

I don't mind plain old water, but I have a hard time drinking that much liquid period.

Nice to hear your gals thoughts on cheat days! I'm all for them, but I know it can seriously derail your diet if you aren't working out enough! For example, a single burger and fries combo (with a diet/sugar free drink) can rack up over 800 calories, and for me that's more than half what I'm supposed to be eating in a single day! So I have to make sure to eat lightly the day leading up to it AND the day after, and get a little extra exercise in.

DH agreed that he would start walking with me every day after he gets home, now that the weather's nice. I'm excited to get started on that because he's been sick the past several days and I am too suspicious of everyone to go walking alone. haha

Cupcake - I use coconut oil a lot, too -- for everything but cooking! Haha. I made up my own batch of a sort of body butter (I'm supposed to whip it, but I didn't want to get my nice hand mixer all nasty with wax and oil residues) that contains sweet almond oil, coconut oil, lavender oil, and a tiny bit of beeswax. I love it!

It isn't like conventional creams you can buy from the store, however. It's essentially a body oil with the wax mixed in so that your skin has a protective barrier from other drying agents, like washing hands all the time, cleaning agents, wind, cold weather, etc. It also works nicely as a lip moisturizer, AND I've used it on my face in a pinch and didn't have any issues there either.

I haven't put the new batteries into my scale yet. I knew that if I did, I'd be weighing myself every day all week long and getting stressed out about those numbers. So I'll be putting the batteries in on Sunday night so that I can only weigh Monday morning. lol!

Also it looks like the EWCM has dried up. I had noticed a couple days in a row that things seemed to be a little more slippery than usual "down there", and then that big ol' glob of EWCM late in the morning the other day must have been the last of it. But I'm stoked! I didn't think I could make EWCM any more, and then that happened. I'm hoping it happens again next month! I'll probably do a repeat of this month: no supplements, no vitamins, just eating healthy and lots of water. We'll see!

IRYM - pretty stoked about the EWCM! our bodies do crazy stuff!

my body has decided that the amazing soap i've used for years it doesn't like anymore. I called my doctor thinking I was getting some sort of uti or yeast infection (but not drainage). Nope just looks like its my body reacting badly to my soap... did not know that it can do that during pregnancy. She said it should go back to normal after the pregnancy. Sounds super silly to be whinnying about soap but its so yummy! and made locally :( i don't love dove soap lol.
The past few days I have not been doing as well eating well. I need to remember to bring veggies and fruit to work so I avoid the caff at 3 am. Just got a water infuser let the experiments begin!!!

Getting nervous for my scan again on friday.

Very proud of myself - I did my workout again today and even though it's the coldest day of the year so far and I want hot pizza, I had only a tuna salad for dinner :)

Swimmy I know your scan is going to be great xx

Fern - Good job on the tuna salad! :)

Swimmy - I love my water infuser pitcher. I have a HUGE mint plant out in the front flowerbed that produces the loveliest, dark green leaves -- I recently harvested a ton of them and they're hanging up to dry, but during the warmer months I plunk the fresh ones straight into water and leave 'em to steep in the refrigerator. Mint water is really refreshing! I have also added lemon slices to the mint water, which is tasty. But I'm not a fan of cucumber, so I haven't tried that. Any other fruits I feel are wasted if they're just soaked in water and tossed out, so I don't do many other varieties - but let me know how you like it!

AFM -- DH cracks me up! He's one of those people that falls asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow, which often results in his drifting off mid-sentence.

Last night he kept saying the most hilarious stuff!

Me: Well, I still love you even if you don't let me tickle you!
DH: Oh yeah? Well in that case, I might as well go live in the Saltines Factory!

I just about died laughing. Then, later...

Me: Didn't you say you were going to run to the bathroom before I turned the lights off?
DH: (scoffs) Yes. If you'd look, you'd see that my legs are already in the 'Do Not Disturb' area.
Me: What!?
DH: (pause) Oh. I guess that was some more of my half-asleep weirdness.

I was laughing so hard, I cried. :haha:

OMG!!! My DH does the same thing! But not even when he's falling asleep like all night long. He'll roll over and say weird stuff. I love it so much. But when we first lived together I woke him up for something that I can't remember why now and he yelled at me! For no reason! But he didn't eve remember it so now i know better haha

Also, I've been terrible this week. And I've been avoiding this thread because Of it. Lol
But life stresses are really getting to me so I want to start walking alone with the pup, always makes me feel better but it's been so darn hot here! Yesterday my car said 92! And I'm such a baby with the heat lol

Mrs. Green - Yesterday was SO gross. Humid and hot and everything.. I know what you mean!

Maybe take your walks early in the morning or just before dark?

Also, my DH talks in his sleep too. He says the most hilarious stuff! I try to write it down so I can tell him about it later, and he always cracks up. One night he randomly shouted, "How'd all these cliffs get here!?" It was a riot. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->