Getting Fit Before Baby

Yay, Mrs. Green! Officially pregnant! :dust: to you! And good job with that meal prepping, too!

Bronte -I'm glad last week's challenge helped you learn that weighing frequently is helpful rather than hurtful! :)

Urs - Woo! Good job losing 6lbs! About the scale: why did you feel lost? Is it because you don't have another way to mark progress? Or is there another reason?

Did anyone else learn anything from last week's challenge?

I personally learned that I don't weigh every day unless someone tells me not to weigh every day (even if I tell it to myself!) and then every day I feel like weighing instead! :haha:

Congrats again mrsgreen and miracle!

Good job on every pound lost ladies :). My eating plan is still going great, weight still stable just above 54kg (can't change my stats page atm because my laptop keeps giving trouble grrr!). I don't think I'm pregnant. ... will start up the workouts again as soon as this week is over and I know for sure.

I just tested with a 4hr hold and got a bfn, which I kinda expected but it has me confused. Last year October did a 5000iu trigger and got bright pink positives until 14 days after the trigger (12dpo) which lead me to assume that I just metabolize the trigger very slowly. This time I triggered with 10000iu and it's gone by 10dpo? I couldn't have been pregnant last year with that cycle because I ovulated from the LEFT (the side where ovary & tube etc were all fused together). Or was I? Or did my metabolism speed up? .... or.... is it because this was only a 4hr evening hold? Weird.

Even after misbehaving this weekend, I still dropped a pound!!!!

Congrats on doubling betas Mrs. G!

Fern-I've only triggered once & mine was gone by 9dpo....I think it depends on your activity level, fluid intake etc. Fx'd it your line comes back soon!

Will catch up later!

yay for our BFP this month so exciting 2 in the same month :) hope you both have very sticky beans!

Fern - fingers are still crossed I really hope this is it for you, betas in 2 days :) sending you lots of hugs

Cupcake - Congrats on being the youth leaders at your church. I will definitely say that my youth leaders were amazing people i could talk to about anything. You will definitely be doing amazing work there and helping shape so many teens. :)

My doctor gave me a great pat on the back last visit. She said she was very proud that I have been managing my weight so well during the pregnancy I'm only up 6 lbs total from start :) I can't wait to start all the work out challenges with you!

hello ladies, i have been quite since i get fever everyday and i feel terrible!

congrats Mrs.green

Fern fx'd this works for you,u r in my prayers

swimmy that is a good job,happy for you
AFM i have lost appetite at all but i feel so hungry the only thing i wanna swallow its some liquid. But my plan is to eat health and workout out at times so i will be here for a while.

Swimmy what do you do to put the wheight off?

Hi Ladies :flower:

I've been away from the boards for awhile. Trying not to get too caught up in TTC and I'm 100% out of the loop with what is going on here. But I thought I would write an update.

On the weight loss front, I'm struggling badly. :dohh: I seem to be bouncing between the same 5 kilos and need to lose 5-10 kilos more to get to my goal weight for fertility treatments. Even my gyno says "the system is stupid" and disagrees with the BMI measurement, but that's how it is (my BMI is 33/34 and I need to get it down to 32). I think I am going to get some help from a personal trainer and see if it helps. Stopping traveling and actually eating healthy again would help as well. I'm slowing down my work travel and I do have a 2-week vacation in June, but I can just try behaving myself :blush:

On the TTC front: Still not pregnant, but after getting on Metformin for my PCOS, having lost 45-50 kilos which got my estrogen levels under control, and getting my Thyroid regulated (which took some extra time as they had to adjust the dose), I'm now ovulating on my own. :happydance: My cycles are 32-34 days, on average, with ovulation somewhere around CD18. I had CD3 bloodwork done my last cycle and it came back perfect. I have had 3 monthly cycles in a row with signs of ovulation. I'm using ClearBlue fertility monitor and OPKs for the first time last month, and I did get a positive OPK for the first time in my life last month. I had an appointment with my gyno this morning, and she did a scan and I have a 14mm follie on the right side (she estimates I'll ovulate in 5 days, and I'm currently on CD11, so that would put me at ovulation on CD16). It's cool that I got to see the egg growing this month myself :happydance: I have proof it exists! Almost all of the cysts are gone from my ovaries, as well.

The next step is to have DH go through a SA and TTC naturally for the next 6 months. If that doesn't work, then it's on to fertility treatments (IUI or IVF) assuming I've lost enough weight. But in theory there is no reason why I can't get pregnant naturally now (last month was our first month actually trying with timed :babydance:, so I'm kind of "new" to TTC).

I hope to take some time to read through the boards this week and catch up. I really miss you ladies!

Miracle - Aww, sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Remember to stay hydrated as best you can!

Mrs.Tigger - So good to hear from you! It sounds like things are really starting to look up for you! You're Oing on your own and everything now, that's great! We miss you too, hopefully you can check in and chat with us more often in the future!

IRYM: I think I didn't like not having the scale because I couldn't check to see if I was still on track. I like reassurance.

Do you have any plans for this cycle to try in terms of ttc?

Fern: Fx'd for you. Don't lose hope just yet :) I can't wait for that update!

Swimmy: Great job! It's always nice to hear from a professional that you're doing a good job too.

Mrs. Tigger: YAY FOR OVULATION!!

AFM: I am on 4dpo today! As I said above, YAY FOR OVULATION! I'm not feeling too hopeful but PRAYING hard!

Looking forward to more updates!

Tiger - yay for ovulating!!! and congrats to weight loss and getting the PCOS under control :) you go girl!

miracle - I felt super crappy with fevers on and off from about 4-7 weeks :( hang in there hun drink lots of water. I have worked really hard not to give into my cravings, or think more as to why I might be craving something. like when I really want ice cream, I try just drinking a glass of milk (usually I need calcium). Stuff like that, I also keep track of what I eat during the day so i don't just eat out of control. 2nd trimester was harder than the 1st (I didn't want to eat at all during the 1st lol).

Urs - Fingers crossed!

I've decided to try my hardest to hold out until Monday to test when I will be 10dpo... :blush: I'm not sure if af will show up at 6-7dpo or not like when I took provera...fx'd either way!

Thinking of you for tomorrow, Fern! Hoping for good news! :)

Swimmy-WTG on only gaining 6 pounds! Your rocking this pregnancy!

Tigger-I'm excited for you! You have accomplished so much with your weight loss & are now reaping the benefits! Fx'd crossed for your BFP soon!

Urs-Yay for 4dpo! I don't have a problem waiting to test after all this time ttc lol I do remember the excitement instead of the dread though! Hold off, BFN's can hurt your heart even if you know its too early to test lol Good luck!

Fern-Positive thoughts your way!

IRYM-Hows the house projects going? MY ds's room is hopefully going to be done soon! Drywall up & mudding in progress....taking forever!

AFM-Mowed 2 yards in 2 days! Tired, sunburnt & achey, but in a good way! Tonights our 1st actual class with the teens! Excited, but nervous! Got my baby fix with a 4 week old little princess last night lol Love me some baby toes!

Cupcake - Getting lots done! Got the living room rearranged and the TV mounted up on the wall instead of having it sit on a random piece of furniture. That cleared up floor space that we put the couch in, and we were able to bring the recliner chair out of storage and put it back into the living room, etc.

We officially have end tables for our lamps to sit on instead of TV trays, too! :haha:

DH finally finished that sink he was working on. Some of the pipes need replacing, but for now it's a functional sink and I'm happy about that. Woo! Haha

Hi mrstigger! Good job on losing so much weight & by fixing your ovulatory problems by following a sensible diet. That's so awesome! Hope you get a natural bfp soon :).

Cupcake and IRYM good job on working hard and getting things done around the house. That counts as a lot of exercise.

Afm- worrying about faint lines & not knowing whether it's still the trigger or not! My beta today @ 7dp5dt (12dpo) is 47,5. We are re-checking on Friday to see if it's rising.

Cupcake & irym- in exhausted just listening to everything you've been doing. Lol but good for you guys! staying active and I bet it feels good to get things done.

Fern- I already told you but I'm sooo excited to see the result on Friday.

Urs- yay for ovulation!!

Fern - that's higher than my beta was then. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you! I hope this is your rainbow baby. I will have to jump on friday during vacation to check. Try not to stress about lines. I drove myself crazy trying to figure out why they were sometimes lighter or not getting dark enough.

Yay for renovation work!

Fern: Can't wait until Friday, fingers and toes are crossed!

AFM: I will be 6dpo tomorrow and I'm looking into a symptom I've had today. It's still early in my opinion to have any sort of symptoms but it's fun to check non-the-less. The symptom I had today was a severe mood swing. I was laughing and having a great time and literally in two seconds I was bawling my eyes out. I'm ok now but exhausted. I'll be bringing this up with my doctor as well incase it's something to do with my depression.

Hoping everyone is doing well.

For some reason I missed half a page's posts!!

Urs- yay for ovulation! Did you do opks or temping or both? Fx!!

Swimmy- good job on keeping yourself and your little girl so healthy. That's awesome news. Xx

Cupcake- hope you really enjoy the youth ministry! I know you're going to teach those teens so much & learn a lot from them in turn. Blessings!!

Afm- my hpt test lines are basically the same as yesterday. Only tomorrow's beta will tell for sure!

Fern - With this much positivity directed your way, those betas had better double! :p

AFM -- Feeling a little bit down about TTC. In a couple of the other threads I'm in, people are getting BFPs left and right after all kinds of complaining about it. "I've been TTC two whole months and nothing!" That sort of complaining. One gal just got a BFP the first month she was off birth control.

Feeling a little envious and like I'm broken! :cry:

I always say "Maybe this month is our month!" but you gals know how it is. Super difficult to put a positive face on things.

Sorry, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, just needed to vent to someone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->