Getting Fit Before Baby

Drjo- absolutely beautiful baby! Congrats!

Irym- I'm SO excited for you!!! Good luck!

Drjo: SO CUTE!! I can't believe she's already 5 weeks, I bet she's been growing a lot!

Swimmy: I agree that talking to your dh and giving it to him straight how you feel in an assertive way is going to be the best. Guys seem to miss a lot of hints... Just explain to him how you don't feel comfortable with him going because you don't feel sexy and you're worried.

IRYM: I'm on Metformin also. I just got my bloodwork results back and apparently it's been helping a lot! My hormones are right where they're suppose to be.

Fern: I'm so excited for you! :) :) :)

AFM: I have so much to report! I had a very busy 3 days, which is why this has taken me forever to post pics, but here they are. I tried to get good ones that show what I see. At first I thought it was a bfn but after the 3 minutes I think I can see something faint. It was hard to get a photo of what I was seeing but I'm curious to see what you all think! I probably just have line eye really bad!

I saw my gyn today also and told her about the tests. She said it's still early since I haven't missed my period yet (due in 2 days). With that said, if I do get my period I am getting a hsg done and she is contacting the infertility clinic to see what their weight restrictions are for something like clomid. Fx'd. Also found out my thyroid is a little funny after the provera? She gave me a prescription for it so I'm hoping it helps with my metabolism too!

Attachments

• FRER.jpg
    FRER.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 8
  • FRER2.jpg
    FRER2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 5
  • FRER3.jpg
    FRER3.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 9
IRYM: Yay Metformin! Just stay home...a lot. For the first few days. Side effects are BRUTAL at the beginning!

Urs - Aw, shucks - I can't see anything on those pics! FRERs have an indent on the little plastic strip, right where the test line is supposed to be. Is that what you're seeing?

I mean, I hope it's actually a line! But even with tweaking the picture in Photoshop, I can't find anything. :shrug: I hate how cameras don't always pick up what our eyes can see!

As for the metformin... it's a good thing I work from home, eh? I don't have to be worried about being at work when the side effects hit me. :haha:

Mrs. Green - Thanks! I'm super excited too, but I've said that already! :haha:

DrJo - Aww! Is that red hair I see? Congrats on turning 5 weeks! lol

I'm not sure what color it is! Sometimes it looks totally blonde, sometimes it has a light brown hue, and sometimes it has a red tint. I'm strawberry-blonde myself, and my husband was blonde ad a kid, so we'll have to see what happens!

Urs- I'm worried it might be the indent. Those new frers are so cruel! I hope it darkens tomorrow though!

IRYM: Thanks for checking with tweaks. I'm not sure what I'm seeing but will test tomorrow again with a wondfo as that is what I first saw it on...Fx'd :) if it doesn't work out this cycle I have a plan for the next one so I'm positive either way!

Keep us updated on your metformin doses and if you think it's helping!

Mrs. G: Thanks for your input! :) I'm so unsure what to think...it doesn't help I have to use flash for my camera either.

Just wanted to add I was cramping the past few days and had what seemed like ewcm? I've never had it so I can't be sure... I don't know if it means anything either but as I said, we'll see!

Urs - It's really easy to tell if it's EWCM. It's the only kind of CM that resembles egg whites: clear, REALLY stretchy, and doesn't immediately absorb into toilet paper or dissolve in water. It shouldn't be white or cloudy at all. When you stretch it, it should stretch about.. 2cm - 3cms or more without breaking.

Hope that helps. :)

If you're brave, you can do a google image search on it.

IRYM: Given your description I'd say it was definitely ewcm! It was really stretchy and I noticed it on the toilet paper since it hadn't absorbed.

Do you think your body is gearing up to ovulate?

Urs - I hope so, but then I hope not! DH is going out of town tomorrow and won't be back until Sunday night, so I think ovulation needs to hold off a few days! At least until Monday so we can BD tonight and then Sunday night.

Looking at my low hormone levels though, I'm feeling like any TTC right now would be pointless. It's like I keep switching back and forth between "We should at least try this month!" and "There's no point, wait til I'm on Metformin a while and losing weight!" lol

I hope it happens Monday or Tuesday for you then! I think you should try even without Metformin, worst case scenario you don't get pregnant until it kicks in right? Best case scenario is you get pregnant without the need of it!

I added a negative photo of one of the FRER shots...because I'm crazy :p I'm trying to show you guys where I see the line...this is so much fun!

Attachments

• FRERinNeg.jpg
    FRERinNeg.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 2
:\ Sorry, I still don't see anything! If you ARE pregnant, HCG ought to double every 48hrs, so the line should be even darker in 2 days. As long as AF doesn't show, you're still in, right? You confirmed ovulation this month?

That's ok! I'm just having fun with this. Af is due on Saturday, ff and cm confirmed ovulation, although I never had a positive opk. I'm 13dpo right now and my gyn seems to think I'm still too early...hehe we'll see!

drjo - oh my gosh is she cute! congrats! can't believe how time flies so fast.

IRYM - i took your advice and was a little more indepth about how I'm feeling about my body. DH didn't really seem how to handle it. At first he was like but you wanted a baby, do you not want one now? lol. So I went the different way and explained more that I just dont feel like he's attracted to me the bigger I get. Finally we got somewhere and he explained he finds me very attractive but he's worried being physical could hurt the baby sense I have had some bleeding after sex. So at least its all out on the table lol. Hang in there with the metformin, the side effects didn't last too long for me. But ohh man so glad you get to work from home till your body adjusts lol.

Urs - sorry I don't think i see anything either. But my tests didn't show much in a picture until like 12-14dpo so my fingers are still crossed!!!

I'm glad you guys were able to talk and get things out in the open! Was he even the slightest bit aware that you felt unwanted due to pregnancy weight? We're you aware that he was afraid of hurting you?

I hope that, going forward, things are much better for you both! No more DH sneaking out to strip clubs! :hugs:

EDIT: wtf? This morning's OPK wasn't even 50% dark, then I just got one that's almost as dark as the control! Holy hormone surge, Batman! Well, at least DH and I managed to BD today. I guess I'm covered for a couple days.. but we didn't use Preseed so I'm kinda worried about that. I didn't have even a speck of EWCM at all this pas week.

IRYM - he seemed pretty shocked that I didn't feel attractive being pregnant, and I had no clue he was worried about hurting the baby. I feel bad, I've always thought we had such great communication but I guess we have some stuff to work on lol.
yay for a surge!!! stinks about the pre-seed though fingers crossed you catch it!

Thanks, swimmy!

This morning's OPK isn't as dark as last night's, but I always get the darker test at bedtime, even with really dilute urine. I guess my hormones are just doing more around that time of day! I'm thinking by tonight it'll be a positive test, but I'm kinda hoping it isn't! Hold out until Sunday, ovaries! lol

Look at that steep temperature drop on my chart! Goodness... this is more like what I'm used to seeing. On previous charts, I knew I was about to O when my temperature hit 97.2. So since today's was 97.3, I'm guessing I might ovulate tomorrow.

I think that almost-dark-enough OPK from the other day was just my body's attempt at ovulating on time for once, and it failed. So maybe it'll happen in the next couple of days. FX'd that I hold out long enough for DH to get home tomorrow afternoon and we can BD one more time for good measure! Haha

ALSO -- Took my first dose of Metformin last night with dinner, fully expecting to end up with all kinds of gnarly stomach issues, and -- nothing. The only thing that happened was that I was a little burpy around bedtime. Phew! We'll see if that keeps up or not.

Quick update: 15dpo. Lots of cm but no af. At the family cabin so I can't test...will test again once I'm home tomorrow. Fxd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->