Getting Fit Before Baby

Gl urs!

Congrats drjo she is a perfect little doll.

Hope the metformin does the trick for you IRYM.

XX

Af is late. I have a terrible cold, and a lot of cm. Yet, bfn. Worrying I'll have to go through another provera cycle.

Attachments

• 16dpoWondfo.jpg
    16dpoWondfo.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 3
  • 16dpoFRER.jpg
    16dpoFRER.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 4
IRYM - yay for metformin not making you feel yucky!

Urs - i think i have line eye because i think i kind of see something on the wondfo one.... maybe lol fingers are crossed!

Does anyone have any good tips for making home fruit Popsicle? I'm thinking I want to give it a try but don't want to add a ton of sugar.

hello ladies....i miss you all i have been here reading and following lol
had my own roller-coaster moment for the past few weeks...i had brown discharge after bding with DH and so it got m,e so worried. went to the hospital and they gave me injection and meds to take for two weeks and i also decided to rest for the whole week.
didn't get that discharge again but i cant stop being worried and i have my first appointment on 6/10. Am praying everything to be alright.

irym fingercrossed for you but sometimes it happens when we least expect it.

urs i think i see something especially on the edited one could be my eyes but maybe there is something keep on testing adn fx'd for you

Sorry swimmy i dont know...maybe others can help

Fern how are you with the symptoms? hope all is well

drjo your baby is adorable

Swimmy - I recommend checking Pinterest for popsicle recipes. You can also google for recipes, but Pinterest usually includes pictures, tutorials, things like that so that you can have a sort of visual guide, which I like.

Miracle - Don't worry! I hear it's very common to have a little spotting after BD because the cervix is very soft and tender when you're pregnant. :hugs: Everything will be fine!

AFM - Another small weight increase. I did a poor job of watching my diet this week, so I was prepared for that. And I'm sure some of it is bloat, too. The Metformin is making me feel bloated, so I think once my body gets used to it, some of that will go away.

I'm switching to a more intensely low carb diet this week, so FX'd I start seeing weight loss!

Also: look at my chart! What on earth is up with my temps these past few days? Good grief!

IRYM: I am 3 days late today.

I agree that Metformin probably made you go up in weight a bit. You should be back down by next Monday! :) You chart is looking great! Maybe you ovulated? Also, what is this weeks challenge? :)

Swimmy: Hehe, thanks! I'm not out yet anyway! I know in terms of the popsicles you don't want to use fruit juice. It is loaded with sugars. We usually make our own juice and add in how much sugar we need, that way we know exactly what's going in. I hope this helps...

Miracle: Praying for you and baby! Also thanks for checking out my tests :)

Thinking of all the other gals too! :)

AFM: I've been so sick so I haven't been properly updating because I've been sleeping a lot. I am 3 days late for af, no bfp, I have about 3x more cm today than the past few days, and I'm slowly getting over this cold. I called and made an appointment with a doctor to get a blood test done (not my doctor because he would say no...), so I'm hoping I get it. If not I'll call my gyn and see what to do...

Weight wise I lost weight! :) I am now 371.1lbs. I'm excited to be in the 360s soon!

Good job on the weight loss, Urs!

I hope I ovulated. I haven't gotten a +OPK yet, but I didn't look at this morning's after I dipped it. Derp. I should probably go check on it. Haha

As for the challenge -- how many of us are still participating, gals? So many of you got BFPs and can't do the weight loss portions, but I'm not sure who else is still here with us?

Please check in with us and let us know you're still here so I can look into a challenge for the group! :)

Hi ladies! I have popped in here and there to stalk your progress. :) Dr. Jo, your little one is such a cutie!

As for me, TTC wise I am actively trying (very hard!) to get pregnant. Last cycle was a bummer because we had such well timed intercourse and it didn't happen. This cycle I'm 2DPO right now and we had perfectly timed intercourse (every freaking day in the fertile window), and I drank lots of water, got decent sleep, took vitamins, and ate and exercised moderately. Fingers crossed this is it, but another 12 days or so of waiting to go.

Healthwise, I've been trying to get back on the wagon. I eat well for breakfast and lunch and early afternoon snack. It goes downhill around 4-5 pm in the afternoon when I'm tired and just want to be home. I get home and over eat before dinner (ice cream, cheese and crackers, dark chocolate, etc.), which blows any potential caloric deficit that day. I compound that by ditching my exercise lots of days because I'm just so darned tired by the time I get home. Last week I got 4 days of exercise in. This week I'm not doing so hot. Going to try my darnedest to get a good workout in after work tonight.

I think I'm about 147 lbs right now and effortfully maintaining there, which is 10-15 lbs off from being in a good place (about 134 is the "just right" place for me where my health does the best). At my current weight I get a ton of bruises and have poor circulation the lower half of my body (where I carry most of my fat). I wouldn't care so much about the weight number necessarily if I could just lose body fat. It's weird to me that just 10-15 lbs makes such a difference for me. It's a little frustrating.

Anywho, hope you all are doing very well! My plan for the rest of this week is to not eat more than 1800 calories per day, and exercise at least every other day this week, and get 65 oz water daily and 7+ hours of sleep per night.

Hi there, Miss Doc! Good to hear from you!

It sounds like you're working hard - I'm sorry that you've been feeling so tired! Is your carbohydrate intake too low? Sometimes just adding a few more grams of carbs per day can really help. I added an extra teaspoon of caramel flavor to my coffee last week and felt SO much better, energy-wise, just from that teaspoonful!

You might also consider adjusting your afternoon snack so that you don't feel so hungry after work, before dinner? Something high in fiber and protein? Just a thought! :)

I saw my midwife today for my 6 week postpartum check. Among other things, she sent bloodwork to check my thyroid and prescribed me metformin to help with milk production and other pcos symptoms. Maybe it will help me lose weight and control this terrible hormonal cystic acne I've been getting again since delivery.

drjo - i didn't know metformin helped with milk production. I'm gonna have to ask my dr about that sense I've had a reduction.

I've totally fell off the cart and have eaten Mcdonalds twice this week and its only tuesday lol. Anyone have any good salty snack ideas that aren't a million cals?

drjo - i didn't know metformin helped with milk production. I'm gonna have to ask my dr about that sense I've had a reduction.

I've totally fell off the cart and have eaten Mcdonalds twice this week and its only tuesday lol. Anyone have any good salty snack ideas that aren't a million cals?

I think it only helps some people, and only if you have pcos. Supposedly it's better if you've taken it throughout pregnancy since it helps to prep the breast gland function for lactation, but some providers don't like to prescribe it during pregnancy. Pcos ladies typically have poor glandular development in breasts resulting in a low supply. I'll update whether I notice a difference.

As for snacks...almost everything salty I can think of is high calorie! You could try making your own chips from from zucchini or kale. Or you could air pop some popcorn and add your own salt, using coconut or olive oil to make it stick. Or pumpkin seeds are fairly low calorie. Sweet potato fries might work, too. Ooo or pickles! Now I want some dill pickles...lol.

drjo - Wow, do we all have PCOS here? Oye. You'd think that, with PCOS being so common, it'd be easier to get a diagnosis of it, right? Why it took me 15 years to find someone to listen to me is a mystery!

I'm sorry the cystic acne came back! I had that during and right after high school. It went away when I switched to non-hormonal birth control, but every once in a while it will flare up for me... Ugh. That is not fun at all and I hope metformin takes care of it!

Swimmy - The best thing I could think of for salt was sunflower seeds still in the shell. They take a long time to eat when you have to shell them, so you aren't consuming too many calories in one sitting. They're salty, and sunflower seed fats are healthy fats so you're not doing toooooo badly if you eat them.

Pistachios are good for that reason, also. But they're more costly and not everyone likes the taste. You could do peanuts too, but I think that since peanuts are so much larger, you run the risk of eating too many calories with those.

AFM - Look at my chart! Erf. The wacky temps started the same day I started taking Metformin. >.> Still no +OPK or sustained temp rise. DH and I are just gonna keep BDing EOD until something happens!

I'm doing terrible. My ms is so bad unless I'm constantly full. And things that I used to love, brown rice, broccoli, chicken (commonly lunch) makes me gag. So I switched to a chicken sandwich. That isn't any better.
Any tips on things that are plain and carb like that might help fill me up without a million calories?

Drjo: Yay metformin! It seems to be very popular on here!

Swimmy: I agree you're probably going to get the most healthy/salt intake with seeds. Sunflower seeds seems like a good idea!

IRYM: Your chart is everywhere! Definitely must be from the metformin sorting things out with your hormones, hopefully this wacky cycle is your cycle!

Mrs. G: Big hug! I hope it goes away quickly for you! The only "carb" that REALLY fills me up is oatmeal! It's a lot better for you too than something like a bagel. I hope this helps :)

AFM: I find out tomorrow about the blood test. More so, if I get a phone call tomorrow from the doctor, it means I'm pregnant, if I don't get a phone call, then I'm not. I wish they could call and tell you either way! I'm not too hopeful as irregular periods seem to be a "regular" thing with me. But right after Provera? Like, come on!

I'm still finishing off this cold and have been a little nauseous the past few days. Lots and lots of EWCM. S/o and I had a little fun with it JUST incase. It has now been a full week of it though. I don't know what's going on.

hi ladies can i join i want to loose about 2 stone we are ttc number 8 but i am breastfeeding so dont have an af yet hopeful i will ovulate soon though x my little man is 10 months old x

Hello, JMum! You're certainly welcome to join us! :)

We do weekly weigh-ins and challenges, so if you'd like to participate with us you can start your own Weigh-in tracker, like the ones listed on the very first post in this thread.

Then I'll add you to the active members list so you're set for the first weigh in on Monday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->