Getting Fit Before Baby

Ladies, I'm officially back in the U.S. but have been following along with this thread a bit while on vacation. Hope you are all doing well.

I had a ton of fun but I ate horribly while away and am up 6 pounds. Boo. I knew it could happen but I was hoping all the walking I'd did helped a bit more. Oh well. Now I have to get super serious and work out a storm before I start IVF in two weeks. I'm going to definetly try to work out atleast once a day, maybe more and will get back on my eating plan. No more lovely chocolate croissants for breakfast :-(

bronte -- Oo, chocolate croissants! I can totally see why you might've decided to splurge on those! Haha

Don't worry, you'll get right back to it, I'm sure!

Hi ladies! Finally starting to figure out this nausea thing. Which has helped. Yesterday I actually ate decently and plan to do the same from here on out. Breakfast is the hard part for me. But I'm working on it!

Oh and we found out yesterday it's twins!

Mrs. green - how exciting on twins! Congrats. Glad you are getting the nausea under control as well.

Mrs.Green - Wow, twins! That's got to be exciting. Congrats! :)

AFM - My grandfather passed away last night. I will probably be unavailable for much posting here on this board, but you gals just keep on keeping on until I get back!

Irym- I'm so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts Hun. Take as much time as you need.

So sorry for your loss, IRYM. You and your family are in my thoughts as well. A loss is never easy to deal with. Hugs.

Thanks ladies! You are all so kind and thoughtful. :)

I'm trying to stay positive. Grandpa was suffering for a long time, so at least he's not in pain any more!

In terms of TTC, still waiting on ovulation. Saw some EWCM today and thought, "Great, I will probably O while we're out of town for the funeral!" Which would make things awkward. DH and I will probably be getting a hotel though, so that's one consolation.

Anyway, I'll keep you gals posted. There isn't much for me to do right now except wait to hear from my Dad about when the memorial service will be held. Until then, I'm essentially just sitting on my hands.

BronteForever - yummm chocolate croissants are amazing! i would not have been able to resist either. Can't wait to hear about how IVF goes in a few weeks! One of my friends on another group just got her bfp with IVF and is super excited :) my fingers are crossed

Green - holy cow twins! congrats hun!!! did they say if they are identical or not?

IRYM - I am so sorry for you loss. I'm still struggling with the loss of my grandpa. But you are so right at least he is no longer suffering and in a better place. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

AFM - gained 3 lbs in 3 weeks not loving that so much, gonna try the sunflower seeds. Salt has really been my downfall. I failed the 1 hour glucose test so next week I get to do the 3 hour one. Seeing how I almost passed out and threw up from the 1 hour one this should be interesting lol. Also coming down with a wonderful summer cold. Maybe the fact that I can't taste anything will stop me from eating everything haha.

Sorry I haven't posted!

Mrs. G: Twins! How exciting!!

IRYM: I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa :(

Swimmy: You're almost there already, wha, time flies by!

AFM: I didn't post because of a crazy ex showing up for my birthday.

Anyway, blood test I'm assuming was negative. I never had a phone call from the doctor. I did take another test along with an opk and the opk was almost positive, so I'm assuming I must be ovulating instead, which would explain ewcm for 10 days.

Will be updating weight once I get out of bed! :p

Urs - Aww, well at least a +OPK is some good news, anyway!

Swimmy - I find the best way to get the salt from the seeds is to put a small handful in your mouth and store them in your cheek like a hamster while you eat them. Then you're getting all the salt off the outside without eating a ton of food. You might find that it cures your craving for salt a lot faster than you would if you were eating french fries or potato chips.

AFM - Down almost 2 pounds since last week! I think that's the metformin at work? I'm up to 1000mg/day right now. Friday I'll bump up to 1500mg. I'm really hoping that this is a new trend.

I don't want to feel so useless any more, you know? I eat healthily about 90% of the time, drink lots of water and I try to work out -- so I ought to at least maintain my weight, right? But before Met I was gaining, gaining, gaining - even if I worked my butt off at the gym or at home. So discouraging.

So we'll see how this goes. I still don't feel any side effects from the Met at all, either! That makes me happy.

IRYM: That's great you're down 2lbs and having no side effects! Really hoping this is the fix for you.

AFM: I gained 10lbs in 4 days? I'm really confused. I have also contacted an eating disorder house that takes you in for 12 weeks to help you overcome your eating disorder. It's really expensive though...

IRYM - so glad the meds seem to be working and an added bonus they help with weight loss or maintaining your weight properly. Yay.

Urs - ugh that's so frustrating. Is the med you are on supposed to cause you to retain water? I always gain a bit when I ovulate for that reason I believe.

Swimmy - how come you almost passed out? Is that a fasting test like a normal glucose one or how do they handle in pregnancy. My glucose levels are on the higher side to begin with so I'm sure pregnancy would make it worse.

AFM - I lost all the vacation weight somehow. I think I was retaining water as well. Glad to start back fresh.

Urs - That's probably just ovulation bloat. I always take on a ton of water right around then, and it sticks until after AF rears her ugly head. Grr.

I'm sure that's all it is for you. You'd have to eat 32,000 extra calories in 4 days to gain 10lbs of pure fat, and I'm sure you haven't done that! That's 8,000 cals a day over what you're burning, so you'd have to eat something like 9,800 per day! :o

Bronte - Good job losing the vacation weight!

Hey Ladies :flower:

Just dropping in to say I am out this month. :witch: got me today, right on time at 14dpo. I am super depressed today. :cry:

Currently on vacation; will report more and catch up when I am back.

:hugs:

Mrs.Tigger - Aww, sorry AF got you! Where are you vacationing? How is that going, aside from AF?

AFM -- FINALLY got a +OPK last night, on CD25! Whew. DH and I made sure to BD. My temp didn't spike high enough this morning to count as ovulation yesterday, but I'm almost certain it will tomorrow. I usually ovulate the day after my +OPK so that would be tonight! Might have to BD again tonight, just to cover our bases. Poor DH. :p

The OPK line was SUPER dark, so I'm hoping that means it was a good, strong ovulation! :)

hello ladies
i miss you all...am here following up
am dealing with nausea and food aversion and gas, those three ruin my day! i want to eat health am trying as much as i can.....
IRYM finger crossed for you
Mrs. Tigger am sorry AF showed up but it also means another chance to try.
goodluck everyone

Urs - I agree probably just some water weight, thats a big gain for 4 days. But sometimes before ovulation or AF I would have a 8-10lb weight gain over night! it can be insane!! Also very sorry your ex showed up on your birthday! I have an insane ex and I swear my dad tells everyone at work that I'm coming home for a weekend and he just "happens" to show up to get tools from my dad that weekend and causes issues. Sometimes boys stink!

Bronte - for the 1 hour test they make you drink this drink that have 50g of sugar in it (yuck!) then test your blood sugar an hour after drinking it. It causes your bs to spike up and then crash back down. They test the spike at an hour to see how high it goes. for the 3 hour test the do a fasting blood sugar. make you drink 100g of sugar ... wonderful! then test you every hour for 3 hours to monitor the spike and fall. Hopefully I don't get too sick, they say people who are not use to sugar drinks are more effected by it, and I still water down juice hahaha.

IRYM - yay for ovulation!!! see it just was waiting a long time so your DH would be home hehehe Hoping to see that spike! I'm totally going to try putting them in my cheek and seeing if that is enough salt! what a great idea :) thank you

miracleworker - hang in there this is the hard part :( try sucking on hard candy (life savers worked well for me - sugar free) with the nausea/vomiting. Hope things continue to go well!

Tell me if this sounds right to any of you, So 3 hour glucose test is on saturday. My doctors office sent me a paper saying I needed to stick to a 3 meal diet plan before my test based on carb intake, sounds right to me carbs=sugar. except when it gives the total carbs to be 260 a day! it says at the bottom a min of 200 carbs must be consumed and that the diet plan is just a guidline and that you are free to snack more if needed. Don't get me wrong I like carbs but that is a lot of carbs right??? Does this make sense to anyone? I'm going to call their office tomorrow because i don't think i can eat that many without feeling yucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->