Getting Healthy while WTT

Sounds good, Flossie!! I wonder if there is something you could also add to smoothies and things - having a smoothie with the right kind of supplements mixed in along with your meals might help you integrate extra calories smoothly? No experience with this, just a thought. It's good that you're already seeing your appetite increase.

That is such a good idea. I will have to look into it next week, I blew my budget this week on various retail prenatal vitamins and supplements, before I realised how much cheaper they are online :dohh:

How's everyone doing? I feel kind of behind because I went on a 4-day girls trip and didn't exercise at all, didn't eat healthy, and totally forgot my vitamins! I want to get back on track starting tomorrow, but I find it's so much harder when you've had multiple straight days of not being active.

How's everyone doing? I feel kind of behind because I went on a 4-day girls trip and didn't exercise at all, didn't eat healthy, and totally forgot my vitamins! I want to get back on track starting tomorrow, but I find it's so much harder when you've had multiple straight days of not being active.

I can't judge, it's Wednesday night and I'm drowning myself in wine and ramen...:dohh:

I can't judge, it's Wednesday night and I'm drowning myself in wine and ramen...:dohh:

Sounds yummy! :haha:

I had to work late last night and by the time I got my daughter from daycare she was hungry and demanding food so we stopped by and got a take out pizza... I don't consider it a set back, I consider it survival with a toddler and a full time job! lol Overall though I just had some bloodwork and it looks like my hormones are balancing out quite a bit! I am very pleased about it!!!

Pizza is my weakness, and I can't even blame it on DD... I'm the one that always chooses it. :haha:

Been doing much better this week; exercising at least twice a day and staying under calorie goal. I'm determined to get to goal weight before September!

Does anyone else find that the more they try to eat healthy the worse they actually are?! I can do the exercise bit fine but food is just so hard to resist! I was doing so well until someone opened a box of chocolate fingers :dohh: mind you, I must have burnt a few hundred calories in body pump tonight....

I'm the opposite! I can stick to 1200 calories most days without a problem... but I have to really motivate myself to exercise. Too bad we can't just balance it out! :haha:

Pizza is also my weakness! I can eat it anytime, anywhere! I find it harder to eat healthy as well because I've never deprived myself of food before - ever! I never had weight issues growing up, so I've always just eaten whatever I wanted, but now having to tell myself, "No, that's unhealthy" or, "that has too much sugar/unnatural ingredients/it's too processed/etc." is really difficult.

Hi everyone,
I'm also trying to get healthier before Ttc. My goal is to start in September when DS will be 2. I experienced my first loss a couple months ago and that really lite a fire under my butt. I'm diabetic and overweight. Also I was pre eclampsia my first pregnancy. I decided to eliminate all wheat, grains, sugar and processed food from my diet. It has been 15 days and I've lost 11lbs..I'm not doing to much exercise besides walking. I do plan on increasing.
But I've also have had other benefits: I sleep deeper, my mood has gotten better, I use 90% less insulin, and my appetite has decreased. It's easier not to snack or even want or need to.
I would like to lose at least 30lbs. Whichever comes first, losing the weight or September, that will determine when I can start TTC. I've also been taking prenatal, calcium +D, and folic acid since December and I haven't drank any alcohol since thanksgiving. (My doctor is aware of my diet change)
I wish everyone luck in their journeys

Wow Amy! Congrats on your weight loss and kudos to you for really taking control of your diet/lifestyle! Sounds like it's paying off. It's really nice to hear of other ladies' triumphs and struggles as I am also trying to get/stay fit for ttc and pregnancy. Some things that are really working for me are keeping note of the things I eat every day. I have a chalkboard up in my kitchen where I've written the # of servings of things I want to eat every day, like "4 servings vegetables, 3 servings legumes" and stuff (based on serving suggestions I read in a book/on the Internet) and then I place a check mark next to the item when I've eaten a serving or when I'm packing my lunch for work. It's great because it gives me a visual of what I'm eating. the problem before was that I wasn't eating enough or really paying attention to getting a balanced diet, but this helps me see "oh wow there are no check marks under leafy greens. I should make a green smoothie". Some days I fall short on my check marks but I eat wayyy better now :) this also works for tracking how many water bottles you drink and vitamins you remember to take!
I also want to recommend "tone it up" with Katrina and Karena who have free workout videos on YouTube and various exercise challenges on their website if you like chirpy girls guiding you through a workout, lol. I love it. I always find that I like to have a bright, interesting background and chirpy, motivational people to talk to me while working out. Maybe I'm weird.

Anyway, I thought this could be helpful info for someone since it has been so helpful for me :)

Was wondering if I could join too? :hi:

We have been ltttc for on and off 4 years or so and we came to the decision the other night to wtt until I can get under 20 stone before we start ttc again due to my fear of getting pregnant at this size :(

I'm following slimming world and getting back into the swing of things properly, so will hopefully start seeing progress soon :)

Welcome to all those who have joined :hi:

I am like kitteth_kat, I can stick to the diet just fine (but I amon slimming world so I do make it work for me n save syns for weekends sometimes) but the exercise is hard. It has taken me 6weeks but now I make sure I make the time. 3-4times a week and I jog on the crosstrainer. I am following the app, "couch to 10k" and its really good.

I have actually maintained weight three weeks running as I have been having "naughty" weekends but weighed myself today and lost 2lbs!! :happydance: nothing like a loss to boost your morale :winkwink:

I need to start exercising as well! Especially at my weight loss rate. Getting there slowly but surely.

Some things that are really working for me are keeping note of the things I eat every day. I have a chalkboard up in my kitchen where I've written the # of servings of things I want to eat every day, like "4 servings vegetables, 3 servings legumes" and stuff (based on serving suggestions I read in a book/on the Internet) and then I place a check mark next to the item when I've eaten a serving or when I'm packing my lunch for work. It's great because it gives me a visual of what I'm eating. the problem before was that I wasn't eating enough or really paying attention to getting a balanced diet, but this helps me see "oh wow there are no check marks under leafy greens. I should make a green smoothie". Some days I fall short on my check marks but I eat wayyy better now :) this also works for tracking how many water bottles you drink and vitamins you remember to take!

This is a great idea! I think having a visual of all the food groups/nutrients you want to eat every day would make sticking with it really helpful!

How's everyone doing?
Tmrw will be one month since I changed the way I was eating drastically. My SO has even joined. I have lost a total of 15lbs already with little to no exercise, just changed what I eat. It has helped in so many aspects of my life. I'm happy with the way things are going and we may be able to start TTC sooner. I have less than 30lbs to go and at this rate, maybe I can start the beginning of August.

Great job so far! :happydance: The best advice I was given was to eat less to lose weight, and to exercise to tone. It's worked so far for me! Yay for your partner joining - always easier when you have help!

I've slacked off this week. I made cookies yesterday with DD, and we've enjoyed eating them a little too much. :haha: My husband sent me a message earlier and said he ran 5 miles and then went to the gym... I told him I kept his child alive and the house in one piece. Thankfully he is always appreciative! :rofl:

I really need to get back on it though, especially if we're going to work on another baby in three months!

It's a lot of work though! I am always in the kitchen, either cooking, prepping, or cleaning! It's worth it though, my whole family is benefiting from it. I eat less because I've lost the need to snack so there for I get full quicker and all's I'm eating is veggies and meat. I would suggest it to anyone as long as they are up for it. I tell people to try it for 2 weeks and then go from there. At that point I didn't want to back track and I really didn't want to eat bread or noodles etc. We had pizza last night, I made the crust out of cauliflower and we thought if we are a regular pizza we would have probably felt sick.
Ppl say I have to have a cheat day...but I don't, I don't have the desire too. It goes beyond losing weight

Hey everyone I'm new, but just wanted to say thank you for the tips you've put on here. *Just googling prenatal vitamins!* Trying to get prepared for if we definitely decide to start TTC again soon xx

I take a prenatal, folic acid, calcium and vitamin D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->