getting organised for 2018

Mine want a tenner just to leave their bedrooms 😂😂 im maybe going to have to make a cleaning rota. Even though I do 95% of the housework, you can be sure ww3 will start any time soon over the remaining 5%! X

One thing I do to keep the kids' clothes organized is I have two boxes in their room, one for each kid. As soon as I find an article of clothing that doesn't fit anymore it gets thrown in the box. As soon as the box is full, I either donate it or post in on the local Buy and Sell Facebook page for like $20 or something and get rid of it all at once. When friends give us boxes of hand me down clothes they get washed and sorted into boxes that are labelled and stored in the top of the kids' closet. So there are boxes up there labelled Isla 2T, or Declan 18 months, etc. When they outgrow the clothes in their dresser I just pull out a box with the next size up and throw them into the drawers and we are good to go.

One of the walls in our kitchen is a chalk board where we write grocery lists, reminders, and appointments. We also use our phone calendars a lot, and always set two reminder for appointments, one for the day before, and one on the day of the appointment a couple hours in advance. I tend to take care of all the kids' appointments, and my OH is responsible for keeping himself and his appointments organized.

The chalkboard sounds nice too and I could imagine could look attractive too. :thumbup:

Today i bought plastic fridge organisers and a large jug to pre make juice. The organisers seem alot easier. Yoghurts in one. Sandwich fillers in another much easier to find things.
I also stocked up on lods bday pressies as there is quite alot of the nursery kods that invite my kids and can get expensive. Got lots of different character pens disney dress up shoes, trolls craft sets, sricker books all down to 50p each!

I have a laundry basket for each person. They take up and put away clean clothes every eve and then also go around take their things back to their room each night x

That is such a great idea! My boys strew their toys all over and in every room on every surface which drives me crazy (especially when I step on them in the dark lol)

Hi Guys, I'm in! I started to use a CALENDAR on my phone (finally) for everything I want to remember - it really works for me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->