getting pregnant after a c-section (kinda long)

littlesteph

expecting baby no:3
Reaction score
i know this type of thread as most likly appeared again and again, and with the same question.
how long after as c-section do you have to wait before getting pregnant?

I had my little one 3 weeks today, we know we want more children and we would like them to be close in age.
I only ask how long you have to wait because it took us 25 months to fall pregnant with our little guy. no doctor would help because of our age, and we don't want to go through the heartache off it all again and trying that long again.
at the moment we're not trying we have just have a little one :haha:
but we have spoken about stopping using proctection when little one is 3 months.
would it be safe to fall pregnant that soon after a c-section, i only worry because i am quite small myself. 5ft and a size 8 to 10. i'm not sure if that would have any effect.
also would i be high risk because of having to be induced early (36 weeks 4 days) and because i had a c-section?

sorry about all the questions and how long it is.

Hi hun we're in the same boat. I'm 40 and have been told 2 yrs ideal or at least 1. It took us 24 months to get lo but i wouldn't like to put the theory to the test :nope: The uterus needs time to heal and I feel gettig pg now would be putting both the unborn baby and u at risk. Best to ask GP or HV x

Generally 18-24 month age gap is recommended after a section, to allow strong scar healing to take place and increase odds of a natural delivery. So that would mean waiting till your baby was 9 months old to start ttc. Obviously, conception isn't perfect and it may take a while as you have experienced. If however you are open to a repeat cesarean then this time frame is more flexible.

Hi hun we're in the same boat. I'm 40 and have been told 2 yrs ideal or at least 1. It took us 24 months to get lo but i wouldn't like to put the theory to the test :nope: The uterus needs time to heal and I feel gettig pg now would be putting both the unborn baby and u at risk. Best to ask GP or HV x

hi
it's nice to speak to someone kinda in the same boat, i'm 24 so still have time. it is just that i don't want it to take that long again. we're not planning on it just yet, when it gets to the 3 month mark we were going to do the whole if it happens it happens. i was just hoping i wouldn't have to wait a year before getting pregnant again. x

Generally 18-24 month age gap is recommended after a section, to allow strong scar healing to take place and increase odds of a natural delivery. So that would mean waiting till your baby was 9 months old to start ttc. Obviously, conception isn't perfect and it may take a while as you have experienced. If however you are open to a repeat cesarean then this time frame is more flexible.

i am open to another c-section although natural would be nice, never got to exprince natural birth, or going into labour naturally

i am open to another c-section although natural would be nice, never got to exprince natural birth, or going into labour naturally

Me too, was induced like you and ended up having an emcs. I know women who have gotten pregnant 6/7 months after cesarean and achieved a VBAC, so it is completely possible. But, generally the odds are better with a minimum age gap of 18 months. Also going natural will have less potential complications at birth and in the future, especially if you are wanting more kids.

Me too, was induced like you and ended up having an emcs. I know women who have gotten pregnant 6/7 months after cesarean and achieved a VBAC, so it is completely possible. But, generally the odds are better with a minimum age gap of 18 months. Also going natural will have less potential complications at birth and in the future, especially if you are wanting more kids.

at the moment we are only planning on 2, my husband's job involves having to move a fair bit so wouldn't be fair on them if we had more.

It is recommended to wait about 6 months after giving birth.
At least that is what my doctor told me. 6 months w/ a repeat c-sec. But if I wanted to try for a vbac, then I was advised to wait until DD was a year old before trying again.

My two--boy and a girl--both sections, are three months apart. Doc would have preferred I wait five months, but everything was fine.

My doctor told me to try and wait a year before trying to conceive :flower: You're doctor will most likely tell you her 'preferred' time at your 6 week check!

hey:)) I had a c-section with my 1st and got pregnant with my 2nd and my kids are going to be exactly 18months apart and Im going for a c-section this time again even though I can try for natural if I want! so Im not sure how long u have to wait but I know my sister got pregnant with her 3rd right after 4 months after having her 2nd and she had a c-section too with all of her 3 kids.

Even with being willing for a section, wouldn't try until ur child is at least 9 months, as their are higher risks of uterine tears (which can be fatal) and other issues...

Having said that, they are still a small percentage, but anything to decrease that percentage is good.

I was told absolutely do not get pregnant before 2 years.. But I also had an emcs with a vertical incision, so that is why they are so adamant about 2 years before TTC again

I was told to wait at least a year. I probably won't have another baby anyway and if I change my mind then that time will be long gone anyway.

I actually wasn't given any guidance after my first c section about how long to wait before trying again. I was in my mid thirties and it had taken us over a year to get pregnant with ds1 so I understand how you are feeling. I then fell pregnant with ds2 when ds1 was 9 months old (happy accident, not planned) so there are 18 months between my two boys.
I wanted a vbac but ended up being induced as I was overdue. I then completely failed to progress over the next 30 hours and ended up with a second emergency c section. I have no idea though if that was connected to the time between my deliveries though.
When I had my second section the surgeon said that any further children will have to be by section as my scar had not healed well from my first.

I wasn't given any advice and fell pregnant 3 months after my emcs. Perfectly healthy second pregnancy and me and i had a planned csec booked although it turned into emcs as LO was early. Doctors can advise all they want, but accidents happen and people fall pregnant quickly for their own reasons :)

thank you ladies, you have helped, not so much changing my mind :) but knowing what to expect my doctor to say at my 6 week check up.

My doc told me wait 3/4 months as he knew I wanted them close together. You are however considered high risk 2nd time around if you had a c section first time x

My doc told me wait 3/4 months as he knew I wanted them close together. You are however considered high risk 2nd time around if you had a c section first time x

I would have been high risk even if i did have the section as my LO stopped growing, it's why i had to be induced in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->