Getting Pregnant after a MC

BeachyFeelin

Reaction score
Hey ladies - sorry I'm putting this here, but this board is the most active (and the one I've been most active on).

I got 5 positive HPT's last week, a low beta of 11 yesterday (along with brown spotting, 2 negative tests on digital's and a faint positive on $ tree) and today I'm bleeding (with clotting) pretty heavily.

I'm assuming MC.

My question is - should today be CD1? I ordered a BBT so that I can start temping again that way I know for sure I'm ovulating again. But I'm going crazy not knowing what to call today. I really don't want to wait a month, thus far I haven't had any pain or cramps, just heavy bleeding.

I feel so lost. I haven't even heard back from my Dr's office about my HCG count yet, I just got an email saying what my levels were. I called and asked for a call back today but still nothing.

Anyone conceive again the cycle after a MC? I've done some minor research and have read that sometimes you are super fertile after a MC.

So sorry to hear you are going through this. I had a mc in May at 9 weeks and still havent fallen pregnant so not sure about the super fertile bit. Make sure you give yourself and your body time to heal hun, a mc is very draining both physically and emotionally. sending you lots of love

So sorry to hear you are going through this. I had a mc in May at 9 weeks and still havent fallen pregnant so not sure about the super fertile bit. Make sure you give yourself and your body time to heal hun, a mc is very draining both physically and emotionally. sending you lots of love

Thank you angelmum - and I'm really sorry about your loss :(

I think the only thing I have going here is that it was super early, so I didn't even really have time to accept that I was pregnant yet. I was still in denial when the blood started happening.

It took us 10 months to get this BFP - I'm just scared it will take another 10 :(

Sorry for your loss :hugs: and yes as you are bleeding today is CD1 xx

Well I had bleeding Like pretty heavy and with clots with my daughter ( before I found out I was pregnant) I'm really sorry you are going through this I just tough I could offer a glimmer of hope maybe. I know I thought for sure I was going to not be pregnant when I bled but shes now a healthy and happy 2 year old.

Well I had bleeding Like pretty heavy and with clots with my daughter ( before I found out I was pregnant) I'm really sorry you are going through this I just tough I could offer a glimmer of hope maybe. I know I thought for sure I was going to not be pregnant when I bled but shes now a healthy and happy 2 year old.

Not going to lie, the thought crossed my mind that I could still get a little one out of this. I have had zero cramping, just bleeding. However, the extremely low beta is what has me knowing this is the end.

Sorry for your loss :hugs: and yes as you are bleeding today is CD1 xx

Thank you x-ginge-x! That is what I thought - but I really wanted others opinions.

Agreed. Today would be CD1. I'm sorry for your loss! I have a colleague who experienced a chemical pregnancy, was devastated and tried again and fell pregnant the following cycle. So it is totally possible it won't take another ten months. Hang in there!!

Oh I'm so sorry beachy, know how much you wanted this :hugs:

So, so sorry for your loss. Today would be cd1....but your cycle may be slightly longer than normal (but may not be!)

I had a mmc at 12 weeks 6 days on June 4/5 (with a D&C) and I conceived again 27 days later. I know a loss doesn't make everyone fertile, but it sure made me fertile as I don't even ovulate on my own very often! I am now nearly 12 weeks with what looks like a healthy bean.

I say take the time to grieve, but if you feel ready when O arrives then why waste a shot at an egg?! If it's meant to be, it will happen again that first try...otherwise you'll have gotten that first cycle out if the way and can try again :)

Again, very sorry to read of your loss....I wish no one ever had to deal with it.

If it isn't a sticky bean this time I'm sure next one will be! Lots of baby dust to you!

Sorry to hear you're going through this Beachy :-( really hope it's a sticky bean :dust:

That's so great to hear Tmb0047! I'm really sorry you had to go through a D&C...that is awful.

Thanks anagee and coral - live and learn I guess. I was thankful it happened early on and we hadn't told anyone yet.

I spoke to a nurse this morning and she said she see's no reason for us to wait, as long as i'm feeling fine. So we are going to get right back into it when this bleeding stops.

Crossing my fingers!

Just thought I would add that the hospital told me that for 6 months after a mc you do tend to be more fertile, but the thing I took comfort in was that you are much less likely to have another mc in those 6 months. Good luck :) :dust:

Just thought I would add that the hospital told me that for 6 months after a mc you do tend to be more fertile, but the thing I took comfort in was that you are much less likely to have another mc in those 6 months. Good luck :) :dust:

I have heard that too - but it's good to actually hear that from ladies here!!

I have a feeling it's not going to be too long for you Beachy xx

I have a feeling it's not going to be too long for you Beachy xx

Thank you!! :)

That made my day. Just spent the afternoon with my cousins one month old...everyone called me the baby whisper because I was the only one who could get her to stop crying! Made me tear up a bit but also motivates us to try harder this cycle!

So sorry for your loss:hugs:

I miscarried 2 times in a row before having my first daughter. Both were early losses, and I got my period back 28-29 days after i first started bleeding. But i wouldn't consider it a ''real'' cycle. So after our 1st loss we got pregnant on our 2nd cycle (MC at 6 weeks) and then we finally got pregnant with a sticky bean (DD1) on our 1st cycle:) Hope you'll get another BFP soon:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->