• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Getting pregnant after previous csections; Scar tissue/ Adhesions

EloiseAndBump

Amelia + Isaac's mum!
Reaction score
I had my little boy via elective csection just over a month ago and while I was in recovery the suregon came in and said that I had alot of scar tissue and adhesions and she would advise me to wait 4-5 years if I wanted to get pregnant again and that she would worry about me carrying to term. Well I have always wanted 3 kids so this has really worried me. Any other ladies had alot of scar tissue and or adhesions from previous csections and gone on to have a happy healthy pregnancy and baby? I was planning on waiting at least 2 years before even starting to ttc again :flower:

I had a csection 3/27/12 no one ever mentioned any scar tissue until I was already pregnant and having painful pulling on one side. It is so uncomfortable. They are now saying its scar tissue... And I have 17more weeks!!!

Hey Eloise.

I have had 2 c-sections, 5 yrs apart, 2007 and 2012. I then had some complications due to a mc in Fall 2013 which caused a defect to my uterus. I really wanted a 3rd and wasn't sure that I was going to be able to. What you can ask your doc for is a saline infused ultrasound (SIS) this allows them to check out the uterus wall. I had this u/s done in February, they told my my uterus was too thin, only 3.6 mm near my scar and that the defect was still very present. My doc told me I absolutely could not get pregnant. We waited 4 months (June 2014) and they re-did the ultrasound and the uterus wall has grown to 6.5 mm and the presence of the defects has shrunk significantly. My doc said ideally he'd recommend me wait me another year (so 1.5 - 2 years since the defect) but because of my age (38) we don't have that luxury. So he said I can get pregnant, all that they will do is lots of ultrasounds, and he said I CANNOT contract.

Anyways if I would you ask for this ultrasound to check out your uterus, it will give you a lot of information, and don't be too upset if initially it's not great news, uterus' seem to heal with time, for me 4 months made a world of difference!!

Good luck!!

Kim

I had a c-section with both of my girls. I wasn't told anything about scar tissue or adhesions. I'm not really sure how or why they would check that. My second c-section was 18 months after the first. It took a bit longer because of the extra scar tissue and I lost a bit more blood than I would have otherwise, but baby and I were fine. I had a little bit of anemia so I had to take iron for 3-4 months until it evened out. I hope it all works out for you.

I was wondering the same thing, I actually called my dr today to ask questions.
I have 7 years between my last 2 c sections, this time it will be just under 2 years. I had an ultrasound last week but haven't heard back about it.
Just worried about all the scar tissue too :(

this is what i was wondering. my first i had almost no pain after but with my second it was awful was it from the scar tissue there was 6y between. but section 2 and 3 is 2y apart and
csection #3 is in 4days or sooner depending on baby im terrifyed its going to hurt like last time

I had this after 2nd section which was only 15 months after 1st section but was not told to wait any set amount of time as my plan was 3 close together.

So far my consultant isn't worried it's just in my notes so they are aware x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->