Getting ready to start cycle 4 ttc and thinking about charting

mom2b12

Reaction score
So AF decided to show her ugly face this month :witch:, So I'm thinking about starting to use fertility friend to do some charting along with opk's. I work night shift, so temping will be somewhat of a challenge as that I don't keep the same sleep schedule all week. When I'm working I go to sleep around 8am and get up around 2pm. And when I'm not working I go back to a regular sleep schedule, going to bed around 9pm and waking up around 8am. I was wondering if anyone has any tips/suggestions with this? Also I'm going to start checking my cervix, I think I can gauge the height part, but with the firmness. Is hard like a board and soft squishy? Obviously I'm really new to this haha. I know we haven't been trying as long as others, but it's starting to really get to me. Everyone around us is popping up pregnant which makes me feel even more depressed:cry:. Thanks in advance for any information!
~mom2b12

~Praying for :baby: #1 to come soon~

March 2013 :bfn:
April 2013 :bfn:
May 2013 :bfn:
June 2013 praying for :af: and a :bfp:

Aww! Big :hugs: to you mom2b. Yeah, TTC certainly loses its shiny new excitement when we don't fall right away that's for sure :devil: . Hmm, with that kind of schedule temping will certainly present a challenge. What's a typical week like schedule-wise for you? Do you have any clues around about when you might be ovulating? (O pain, EWCF, etc.) About how long are your cycles usually? For getting familiar with your cervix, getting into the habit of checking it about the same time every day is good to do since where it is, what its firmness is like, whether it's open partially, all the way, or closed, changes throughout the day. For me, the more I checked the easier it became to discern what was what for me. Generally, your cervix will be SHOW (soft, high, open, wet) around O time, although this isn't the case for everyone.

SweetPotatoPi thanks for answering! A typical week schedule for me is I work three nights between mon-thurs and I'm off Friday-Sunday. I do have O pain, I usually spike a temp (I'm wanting to temp through my entire cycle as you know, but I definitely feel the temp increase) and I've been getting a positive opk between CD day 15-17 and my cycles are usually 30 days long. I plan on checking my cervix in the morning every day because at least that'll be the same time since I'll either be going to bed or getting up at that time. Thanks so much for the info on checking my cervix. I'm really praying that this will be the month for us.
~mom2b12

I certainly hope this is the cycle for you guys! Welp, maybe since you're working more days than you're off (the Mon-Thurs) you can take your temp upon waking those days and leave other days open? Maybe see if you can still make out a decent shift? I don't know if that would be helpful at all but it's worth a shot eh? :winkwink: . Oh, had a thought on the matter. What time do you get off of work? Maybe if you get off early enough you could try to get to bed, set an alarm to temp, then go back to sleep? Annoying I know lol. Also, since you have a 30 day cycle usually, you're getting positive OPK's around CD's 15-17, and you feel the temp increase, maybe you guys could try BD EOD starting around CD11 or 12 and go through maybe CD19 or 20, possibly 21, just to try and cover your bases. None of this may be doable for you guys lol, just throwing out ideas that are coming to mind :) . Ugh, stupid TTC :haha: .

I'm new to charting too. This will be our 3rd attempt TTC since MC and we fell pregnant first time withDD and :angel:

On the cervix front, firm feels like the end of your nose and soft like your lips!

:dust: xXx

Kerry Gold~Thanks for the tips, hope you guys get your BFP soon!!

SweetPotatoPi~ I usually get off a little after 7am, and am in bed by 8am. I was thinking of doing the setting alarm thing, but is there a certain number of hours I need to try to strive for? We definitely try to cover bases when it comes to bding. This last cycle we tried doing it every other day, but towards the end we were getting pretty tired haha, the hubs and I also work opposite shifts. He works days and I work nights, so I try to already have dinner ready when he gets home when we plan on bding if I'm working so we have plenty of time haha. Luckily I only live 8-10 minutes from the hospital I work at, so I usually don't have to leave till later. And we are off together on weekends which helps some. We probably will try to wait till CD 12 to start at it every other day. I agree stupid ttc lol...and with all the stuff we kind of have working against us it's pretty sucky ducky!

mom2b: Yeah, you should have at least three hours of sleep before you temp for an accurate reading. Opposite shifts you and hubby have huh? Man, suck! You guys are doing pretty good working with your various obstacles :thumbup: . Hopefully it won't be too much longer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->