Getting really stressed....

Kittee

Pregnant with #2!
Reaction score
Ok, my little girl will be here next Jan and I only get 12 weeks maternity leave (UNPAID) and 15 vacation days to legitimately spend with her. I have already spoken with my boss and dropped some major hints about working from home for as long as possible or working out some kinda work at home and at the office a few days a week deal...

But what if that doesn't work out?

I can't fathom leaving my child at a daycare center at 12 weeks old?? And day care is SO expensive! I'd be working for nothing basically but I have to work. DH's salary is not enough to cover everything.

Any ideas? :dohh:

Do you have any skills that you can contract out?
Sewing, cooking, carpentry, cleaning, bookkeeping, writing, music, child care, etc.
Brainstorm everything you can think of and see if there is anything that might let you work from your home.
You also should try to figure out how much you need to make per week in order to stay home with her and still make ends meet. That number will help you make a decision about whether or not returning to your current job is worth it. If they will let you do part-time, from home, you might find that once you subtract the costs of childcare, that what you want to do most also makes the most financial sense.
Having another self-employed skill is a great safety net, otherwise.
Try not to worry too much. You will find a way that is good for both you and your daughter.

with my first child, I was SO stressed about the return to work, and how it would work. You CAN do this (particularly if you must). There are good child care givers, and maybe you can even find someone (and older person?) who would love the company of a small one? :) It will work out -- just doesn't always feel like it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->