gifts, people not listening and arguments!

amylw1

my 3 boys in avatar. x
Reaction score
hi,

(sorry need to moan).

my grandparents saw blake when he was 1day old and "moaned" at me because his coat/jumper had the sleeves rolled up as its too big for him (he's a tiny!) and this is newborn size! (We have 2 newborn and 2 0-3 coats all too big!)

well nan said she would get him a coat when she went shopping on wednesday and asked what size so i said "EARLY BABY". she has just rung me to say she has the coat for him and she has got 0-3!!! as the woman in mothercare said early baby would only fit for a few weeks and wasnt worth the money.

when i thanked her and said that it will be too big as its the same size as what i have and would she mind IF i took it in and changed for a smaller size she has gone off on 1 that i am ungrateful and there is no point in changing it as the woman in shop said it wont last etc.

so i'm still in same boat of having no coat that fits him and now have annoyed grandparents as well!

i had this problem when alex was born , i just said i didnt care how long it lasted i wanted him to wear something that fit now! as it happens he was still in some tiny baby things till he was more than 2 months old

Yeah, mothercare sizes are massive too. 3-6 still drowns Amelie from Mothercare :shock:

Sometimes it's just not worth the hassle hun :hugs:

Yeah, mothercare sizes are massive too. 3-6 still drowns Amelie from Mothercare :shock:

Sometimes it's just not worth the hassle hun :hugs:

Yeah true, Ruby is big so Mothercare is the best make for us :) We found coats were ok too big, just rolled the sleeves up as you say. Too big sleepsuits were more of a problem, Ruby kept waking up in the morning with her legs in the body bit, and the leg holes completely empty!

yep i have thye same problem, daisy is 11 weeks and 1 day and she's still in tiny/early baby !!! at the end of the day would thhey walk around in clothes that were 2-3 sizes too big :shrug:

sara

xxxxx

yep i have thye same problem, daisy is 11 weeks and 1 day and she's still in tiny/early baby !!! at the end of the day would thhey walk around in clothes that were 2-3 sizes too big :shrug:

sara

xxxxx

no they wouldnt.

thing is mothercare here is really big so i know they would have it in smaller size! as they dont hhave just 1 item in early size like the smaller stores do. OH is going tesco to get him 1.

Tesco are small IMO. Amelie outgrows her Tesco stuff before any of her other stuff.

M&S is another shop whose sizes seem to be on the small side. Also Mini mode at Boots, Ruby is only 4 months but their 3-6 sleepsuits won't do up :)

I think m&s are big actually. Amelie has a 3-6 tracksuit which is giant on her. The trousers are elasticated and just fall off her hips :rofl:

Ruby has a 3-6 tracksuit from M&S too...the top is tight, the bottoms are huge! What's the matter with these shops? Still, it's a hell of a lot easier than trying to buy clothes for myself :(

well my baba still isn't here yet but i'd say try tesco or asda they do 'early baby' stuff ans what does it matter if it only fits for a short while they only cost pennys lol...i have a hughe range or sizes just cos i don't know how big he'll be...and if some stuff is too small i'll just sell it on ebay as unworn lol

Tesco are small IMO. Amelie outgrows her Tesco stuff before any of her other stuff.

Same here!! Ellis had outgrown his Tesco 0-3 yet still fit in Next up to 1 month and his Mothercare outfits in 0-3 fit perfectley at the moment.

got him a coat from tesco and we did the double up voucher thing so £10 coat cost us £5 voucher!!! and it fits hhim lovely. i will put all small clothes on ebay when he out of them.

they said he was going to be small but i was in too much pain to go shopping for small stuff as it was about 34weeks they told me.

at least the stuff in his wardrobe isnt like food and need throwing out as not used by a certain date!!! it will be there when he does grow!

Byron was in newborn for about two months or so and 0-3 months for only about a month. Not all babies are the same!

hi,

(sorry need to moan).

my grandparents saw blake when he was 1day old and "moaned" at me because his coat/jumper had the sleeves rolled up as its too big for him (he's a tiny!) and this is newborn size! (We have 2 newborn and 2 0-3 coats all too big!)

OMG! EXACTLY what happened to us the other day!!!!
MIL n Grandmother-in law done the same about Alex's cardi.
I was about to crack up - they wouldnt shut up about it - I had put it on as a)theres bugger all that would fit her
b)she had just had a bath and I wanted her to keep warm.

Amy honey - Blake doesnt care - he'll not know! Some people just dont think, especially when you're new to everything - its quite patronising!

:hugs: carry on chick - he'll grow into them!!!

hugs hun xxxx

luisa was in early clothes for near 8 weeks!

she has only just gone into 0-3 month sleepsuits from mothercare!

primark clothes are huge! tesco stuff some of the 6-9 month stuff fits luisa!!!

it wasnt an issue ith other 2 as they were both well over 7lb and therefore newborn stuff was ok.

my nan is gooing to be annoyed when i go round and he is in the early baby coat from tesco NOT the 0-3 mothercare 1 she got him, so that will be another argument!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->